PDA

View Full Version : Swept

kufram
07-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Both the Yankees and the White Sox got swept in their last series, the Sox for the first time this season I believe. What does it mean? Are both teams doomed?

Lip Man 1
07-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Given that the Yankees have the best record in the league and unless they have a collapse of biblical proportions they'll be making the playoffs again I don't think so.

The Sox are not in the same situation though.

Lip

NardiWasHere
07-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Yes. I'm not watching anymore games.

SephClone89
07-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Yes. I'm not watching anymore games.

I assume this is teal, but for some reason colors don't come through on ForumRunner.

LITTLE NELL
07-23-2012, 02:42 PM
There was an unusual amount of sweeps this weekend, 9 of them.
I wish there was one less.

Frater Perdurabo
07-23-2012, 03:10 PM
There was an unusual amount of sweeps this weekend, 9 of them.
I wish there was one less.

I'm OK with the number; I just wish one went the other way. :)

kittle42
07-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Both the Yankees and the White Sox got swept in their last series, the Sox for the first time this season I believe. What does it mean? Are both teams doomed?

I know it's your personality to always be optimistic, but, as has already been pointed out, I trust you can easily see the holes in this comparison.

Also, has anyone come out and said that the last week means we are definitely not making the playoffs and that the team is totally done? If so, I am sorry and I missed it. If not, you're creating a faux position to argue against.

DSpivack
07-23-2012, 03:22 PM

It means that neither team won a game in their series this past weekend. That's all.

kufram
07-23-2012, 03:50 PM
I know it's your personality to always be optimistic, but, as has already been pointed out, I trust you can easily see the holes in this comparison.

Also, has anyone come out and said that the last week means we are definitely not making the playoffs and that the team is totally done? If so, I am sorry and I missed it. If not, you're creating a faux position to argue against.

There were posters in the game threads that certainly read like they have lost faith and given up on the team... a couple of whom, three weeks ago, were posting how they "loved" this team. The Yankees and White Sox both got shown the door over the past few days. I was not comparing the teams... I was comparing the situations. I would not describe myself as optimistic at this point... but I have not given up or lost faith. I am not looking for an argument.

It means that neither team won a game in their series this past weekend. That's all.

That is exactly what it means.

tstrike2000
07-23-2012, 06:03 PM
The Tigers got their sweep of us out of the way before they go back to being mediocre.