PDA

View Full Version : NO!!! Josh Paul coming back????

Jerry_Manuel
08-08-2001, 12:33 PM
Last legs? How long can the White Sox go with one healthy catcher? Sandy Alomar Jr. said he hopes his recently drained right knee is OK to play Wednesday when the Angels throw left-hander Jarrod Washburn at the Sox.

"I'm not going to let Mark [Johnson] get killed," Alomar said.

Alomar has had surgery on his left knee several times, but never on the right knee. "If it has to be corrected, it will be minor surgery," Alomar said. "If I have to get it done, I will. It's something that should heal fast."

Manager Jerry Manuel said Alomar would likely go on the disabled list if the knee doesn't recover in the next few days. The Sox would likely recall catcher Josh Paul from Triple-A Charlotte.

Joel Perez
08-08-2001, 12:38 PM
:versatile "Here's Johnny!!!"

He probably has to since we do not have another ready catcher in the system.

Jerry_Manuel
08-08-2001, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Joel Perez
:versatile "Here's Johnny!!!"

He probably has to since we do not have another ready catcher in the system.

Well then Sandy better get healthy real fast then!

delben91
08-08-2001, 12:49 PM
So long as we're on the topic of catchers, when are the sox going to draft a catcher and then actually sign him. I know it's a novel concept, but JR needs to realize that players are more likely to play for him if they actually get paid! Just my two cents.

Joel Perez
08-08-2001, 12:59 PM
So long as we're on the topic of catchers, when are the sox going to draft a catcher and then actually sign him. I know it's a novel concept, but JR needs to realize that players are more likely to play for him if they actually get paid! Just my two cents.

TOTALLY AGREE Delben91.....but remember, :versatile was drafted a catcher and signed as well, so.....

What's the name of that 3rd round pick in this year's draft that's a C? I think it's Jonathan Zeringue (sp)....what's up with him?

delben91
08-08-2001, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Joel Perez

What's the name of that 3rd round pick in this year's draft that's a C? I think it's Jonathan Zeringue (sp)....what's up with him?

Yeah, I asked that a while back, rumor has it that he was miffed at the sox's low contract offer (shocker) and is going to college. Miami maybe, or it could've been LSU or somewhere else, I can't remember. But yeah, it's not looking promising since we only have until they start class to sign him I think, and that'll be the end of August.

Mathew
08-08-2001, 01:22 PM
The worst thing is that we'll have to see his stupid smiling face on the board all the time.

:versatile
Look at me :)