PDA

View Full Version : LHP Donnie Veal recalled

#1swisher
07-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Chicago White Sox
Prior to 2night’s game at Boston, the White Sox recalled LHP Donnie Veal from Class AAA Charlotte.

Veal takes the roster spot of LHP Pedro Hernandez, who was optioned to Charlotte following last night’s game.

Veal has gone 6-3 with a 2.08 ERA & 53 strikeouts in 29 relief appearances w/ Charlotte this season, limiting opponents to a .230 average.

Veal, who will wear uniform No. 46, is the 21st pitcher to appear on the Sox 25-man roster in 2012.

Lip Man 1
07-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Gives them another arm until next week when (hopefully) they start to stabilize things.

Lip

delben91
07-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Gives them another arm until next week when (hopefully) they start to stabilize things.

Lip

I'd assume he'd just stay up until Monday when the Sox can activate Floyd off the DL? Unless they choose to send Septimo down instead.

BigKlu59
07-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Chicago White Sox
Prior to 2night’s game at Boston, the White Sox recalled LHP Donnie Veal from Class AAA Charlotte.

Veal takes the roster spot of LHP Pedro Hernandez, who was optioned to Charlotte following last night’s game.

Veal has gone 6-3 with a 2.08 ERA & 53 strikeouts in 29 relief appearances w/ Charlotte this season, limiting opponents to a .230 average.

Veal, who will wear uniform No. 46, is the 21st pitcher to appear on the Sox 25-man roster in 2012.

Is this kid a progeny of the Bob Veal bloodline? Could use a scary lefty to tighten the shorts of the opposition..

BK59

SephClone89
07-19-2012, 02:58 PM

No # retirement for Sergio?!

wilburaga
07-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Is this kid a progeny of the Bob Veal bloodline? Could use a scary lefty to tighten the shorts of the opposition..

BK59

I doubt it. Bog Bob spelled it 'Veale'.

BigKlu59
07-19-2012, 05:02 PM
I doubt it. Bog Bob spelled it 'Veale'.

Once again stumped by the silent "e"....

BK59

soxinem1
07-19-2012, 05:09 PM

BK59

I remember Bob Veale ending his career when I was a kid with BOS.

When he pitched for PIT he was one of those hard and wild enough LH throwers that was quite effective.

FreeBuck12
07-20-2012, 01:12 PM
I lived and worked down in Daytona Beach in 2006 with the Cubs affiliate there. Donnie was a great pitcher and a lot of fun to watch. He ended up ending the season with an ERA around like 1.70 or something similar. I'd have to double check.

When I heard the news yesterday it brought up a memory about Donnie that I thought was rather amusing--

The season before I'd spent a few years working with the Cubs low-a in Peoria, and when Veal got sent to us in Daytona in '06 we also had a warning from the Peoria front office that a girl who had won his mothers day jersey was driving down to Daytona to suprise him when he got here at the field and planned on wearing nothing but said jersey.... we all had to be on the look out to 'protect' him from her, haha. From what we were told Donnie was NOT happy about this girl coming there.. and we certainly couldn't have what was "planned" happening in a family environment.

She did end up showing up the day after he got in with the team, and yes she did drive all the way from Peoria, but from what I understand she was harmless- although she did sport his jersey at the few games she attended with friends. :tongue: