PDA

View Full Version : *Official* No Chance Postgame Thread

Frater Perdurabo
07-18-2012, 10:15 PM
This game had it all.

thomas35forever
07-18-2012, 10:16 PM
One of the 60 you're supposed to lose. No need to get upset except for losing a game in the standings.

Lip Man 1
07-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Pedro Hernandez = Arnie Munoz.

Kenny get some pitching...

Lip

amsteel
07-18-2012, 10:38 PM
No one should have expected to win with the #9 stater out there.

The problem is we're using our #9 starter

SoxSpeed22
07-18-2012, 10:57 PM
No one should have expected to win with the #9 stater out there.

The problem is we're using our #9 starterSounds about right.

SephClone89
07-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Where the hell is everybody?

ChiSoxGal85
07-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Yeah, not upset about this one with our AA starter in the game. Let's win tomorrow.

DSpivack
07-18-2012, 11:11 PM

Nothing really to say in this one. Due to injury, the Sox started a youngster who probably has no business being in the majors, and it showed. Don't really know what to add beyond that.

ChiSoxGal85
07-18-2012, 11:13 PM
We're all outside dancing in the rain. :bandance:

Tragg
07-18-2012, 11:22 PM

Lip

He was our 6th starter and we didn't go to the pen until the game was out of hand.

The guy they sent down pitched well out of the pen when he was here.

Brian26
07-18-2012, 11:27 PM

Lip

Hernandez reminded me a little bit of Wilson Alvarez. The one thing that annoyed me is that he seemed to be pitching from the thirdbase side of the rubber. I'd like to see him move over and pitch off the other side next time he's up.

shingo10
07-18-2012, 11:38 PM

Lip

Right down to asking to keep his first pitch ball...If I remember correctly Arnie asked for his first strikeout ball after he had already been shelled for 6 runs or something. At least Hernandez hadn't given anything up yet.

If we get a spit with the pitching we've ran out there I would be ecstatic.

Also I didn't realize until tonight that Santiago is our new long relief man...what a strange path he has been on this season.

Lip Man 1
07-19-2012, 12:22 AM
Tragg:

Who was that? I thought Hernandez got sent back after the game.

Just somehow scrape together two more wins in the last four games, go 5-5 on the road trip, come home...get Floyd and Crain back and see what Kenny does before the deadline.

Lip

guillensdisciple
07-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Just keep on keeping on Sox.

The real test begins Friday.

We win that series, and we're in a good place.

JB98
07-19-2012, 12:33 AM
It sucks the Sox had no hits after the second inning. They weren't going to win tonight regardless because of the crap starting pitching they got, but it was listless in all areas.

chisoxfanatic
07-19-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm kinda glad I had plans at Navy Pier tonight. I DID get a few texts from my Red Sox fan boyfriend, though, which I ignored. LOL!

Split this series tomorrow!

palehozenychicty
07-19-2012, 12:51 AM
This was not a game at all. Let's see tomorrow.

BigHurt3515
07-19-2012, 03:42 AM
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Ok. Time to move on

jcw218
07-19-2012, 05:32 AM
Tragg:

Who was that? I thought Hernandez got sent back after the game.

Lip

I think Tragg was referring to Jhan Marinez who was sent down so Hernandez could be added to the active roster. Pedro Hernandez was returned to Charlotte after the game.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

October26
07-19-2012, 06:23 AM
We're all outside dancing in the rain. :bandance:

:thumbsup: Rain!

As for last night's Sox game, it was a real stinker. I only watched the first few innings (as I had to get up early for work). I could see right away that our Sox had no chance. I woke up this morning and saw that the final score was 10-1 BoSox.

Hope our Sox can win tonight and get the series split.

Moses_Scurry
07-19-2012, 06:23 AM
If Peavy and Sale can both shut down Detroit for victories, it will make this one much easier to take.

doublem23
07-19-2012, 06:47 AM

Lip

Oh, come on now, Lip, the guy's making his Major League debut at Fenway Park in the middle of a play-off push. Not exactly the easiest assignment in the world.

Hitmen77
07-19-2012, 08:47 AM
It sucks the Sox had no hits after the second inning. They weren't going to win tonight regardless because of the crap starting pitching they got, but it was listless in all areas.

Yep. I know a loss is a loss, but I'd be more pissed off if this was Sale or Peavy losing 2-1. At least Hernandez and Santiago took their lumps and most of the bullpen got a rest.

Our pitching situation will look a lot better once Floyd and Crain return. Maybe KW will pick up a veteran arm too. But, if the Sox are going to stay on top in the Central, their offense will have to do better than zero hits after the 2nd inning.

kittle42
07-19-2012, 09:18 AM
Yep. I know a loss is a loss, but I'd be more pissed off if this was Sale or Peavy losing 2-1. At least Hernandez and Santiago took their lumps and most of the bullpen got a rest.

Great point. It's baseball - you lose a lot. This was a useful loss in that sense. Gotta make something good outta nothing when you spot that big of a lead early.

Anyone else going to Fenway tonight?

Lip Man 1
07-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Double:

The end result of the game was the same, which was my point.

I agree it was a tough situation for a kid to be put in.

Perhaps Robin gets some of the blame for this one. It was his decision to give Q, Peavy and Sale an extra day of rest. We'll see how it all works out.

You hope when all is said and done that Robin didn't basically concede a game like Manuel did with the Cotts/Buehrle situation.

Lip

JB98
07-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Double:

The end result of the game was the same, which was my point.

I agree it was a tough situation for a kid to be put in.

Perhaps Robin gets some of the blame for this one. It was his decision to give Q, Peavy and Sale an extra day of rest. We'll see how it all works out.

You hope when all is said and done that Robin didn't basically concede a game like Manuel did with the Cotts/Buehrle situation.

Lip

There's a clear difference this time, though. Last night's game was "conceded" in the name of setting the rotation to beat the Tigers, which is the team that is the biggest threat to the Sox playoff hopes. It remains to be seen whether this decision is correct, but you can see the logic behind it.

Manuel's decision to start Cotts in 2003? Well, I'm still waiting for someone to explain the logic there.

Lip Man 1
07-19-2012, 02:38 PM
JB:

That's true.

It's a long, long season but you just hope that when all is said and done the Sox aren't shaking their heads over that game where they had Detroit on the ropes 6-0 and lost 10-6.

Lip

BigKlu59
07-19-2012, 02:45 PM
JB:

That's true.

It's a long, long season but you just hope that when all is said and done the Sox aren't shaking their heads over that game where they had Detroit on the ropes 6-0 and lost 10-6.

Lip

Hey Lip... Having a '64 flashback? Yes, that would be one hell of a boogeyman..

BK59

russ99
07-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Oh, come on now, Lip, the guy's making his Major League debut at Fenway Park in the middle of a play-off push. Not exactly the easiest assignment in the world.

Plus he had only two decent pitches and one was very hittable, but he did well enough in AA to be called up to Charlotte.

Very obvious that Hernandez was brought up well before he's ready.

soxinem1
07-19-2012, 05:11 PM

Lip

I was thinking the same thing in the first inning. Then definitely felt it in the fourth.

Honestly, I think Arnie had a little better fastball. When he was used in relief he wasn't bad.

Hitmen77
07-19-2012, 08:31 PM

Lip

The Sox offense only scored 1 run. If we had lost 10-8, then i'd be more worried about whether Robin somewhat conceded this game. In all likelihood, it would have been a loss even if they didn't work in the "rest day" for the rotation.

JB:

That's true.

Lip

Or how about that game when they pulled Quintana after 78 pitches and then the bullpen lost the game?