PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7-17 Youk's Big Bomb Burns Bobby, Beantown; SOX 7 BOS 5 Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
07-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Very good return start by Humber.

Thornton was a little shaky and made it interesting in the 8th.

Reed nails down the 9th. Especially nice to see him get out Punto.

Detroit and Cleveland lose, so we pick up the game we lost last night.

BigHurt3515
07-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Easiest 9th inning Reed has had all here. Thank god.
Even happier after seeing the Tigers get murdered and the Indians lost!!

Sox win!!! :bandance::bandance:

Brian26
07-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Hell yes.

:winner

(Fisk's slam in '81 > Youk's 3-run bomb in '12)

all*star quentin
07-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Welcome back, Philip Humber!:bandance:

MarySwiss
07-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Very good return start by Humber.

Thornton was a little shaky and made it interesting in the 8th.

Detroit and Cleveland lose, so we pick up the game we lost last night.

Sweet. And great title! Every time I saw Valentine's mug, I was hoping to see him crash and burn. Nicely done, Sox!!!!

sullythered
07-17-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm 32. I think Kevin Youkilis is the best mid-season acquisition I can remember the Sox making in my lifetime.

Mingo
07-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Adam Dunn steals 2nd - 1st stolen base since 2008. Priceless!

Frater Perdurabo
07-17-2012, 10:22 PM
With 50 wins and 40 losses, the Sox have the third-best record in the AL, trailing only the Yankees and Rangers. (Angels are 50-41.)

Noneck
07-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Get one of the next two and I am a happy boy.

Frater Perdurabo
07-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Get one of the next two and I am a happy boy.

I'm greedy. I want both.

GoGoCrede
07-17-2012, 10:24 PM
Wahoo! Great time to be a fan.

JB98
07-17-2012, 10:26 PM
3-2 at the halfway point of the road trip. So far, so good.

Glad to see some runs put on the board. I knew they would be needed.

ChiSoxGal85
Humber looked pretty solid after the first inning. Thornton gave up 3 in one inning? Ugh. He makes me nervous almost all the time now.

In the end, Youk was the difference in this game...again. It's almost unfathomable how much he's helped the White Sox since his arrival.

I LOL'd at Adam Dunn stealing 2nd. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. :D:

Noneck
I'm 32. I think Kevin Youkilis is the best mid-season acquisition I can remember the Sox making in my lifetime.

Well he is better than Rocky Colavito was in 67.

ElevenUp
07-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Humber had some snap on his curve tonight which is a good sign. Thornton made it closer than it should have been. I loved Paulie's hits own the first base line.

Madvora
07-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Two games in a row where the starter doesn't allow a walk. That's really good.
I also liked how Omogorosso looked. He seemed balanced on the mound unlike Septimo yesterday who looked like Damaso Marte out there.

Sox
07-17-2012, 10:29 PM
:putitontheboard:soxwin:

fram40

Julio Cruz in '83? Does anything else even come close?

SCCWS
Stars of the game-----Youkumber.

FielderJones
07-17-2012, 10:31 PM

It did my heart good to see the loathsome Punto ground out weakly to Reed. No billiard table to bounce it off here, Nick.

Humber looked pretty solid after the first inning. Thornton gave up 3 in one inning? Ugh. He makes me nervous almost all the time now.

Two of those hits that kept the inning going were weak Twinkie hits. Matt made some good pitches and got unlucky.

Nice to pick up ground on both the Tigers and the Indians. :bandance::bandance:

Noneck
07-17-2012, 10:32 PM

Im thinking maybe other old timers will chime in.

LongLiveFisk
07-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Robin Ventura is an idiot.

Bobby Valentine is an idiot.

voodoochile
07-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Really can't argue with the outcome. Nice job by the whole team though Howry... er... Thornton had a bit of a rough one. That always seems to happen when he gives up a cheapo hit to lead off the inning, but that's probably my brain just remembering a few painful moments.

Nice of the kittens and toons to go down meekly too.

What else needs to be said... YOOOOOUUUUKKKK!!!

and Welcome back Mr. Humber...

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

Brian26
07-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Robin Ventura is an idiot.

Bobby Valentine is an idiot.

Loved Stone's comment, "Good decision, Bobby."

Dan H
07-17-2012, 10:40 PM

I liked that comment, tolo. Pitching to Youklis was the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a baseball game in a long time. The only thing that was dumber was laying a fat 3-2 fastball with first base open. Valentine is nothing but a loud mouthed idiot who should be fired immediately.

SCCWS
07-17-2012, 10:42 PM

Red Sox color man Jerry Remy said after 2-0 they should just put him on. At 3-0 he said they are walking him on pitches out of the strike zone hoping he will swing. But then the 2 straight fast balls and a souvenir in the Monster Seats.

Railsplitter
07-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Keep winning.

LongLiveFisk
07-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Red Sox color man Jerry Remy said after 2-0 they should just put him on. At 3-0 he said they are walking him on pitches out of the strike zone hoping he will swing. But then the 2 straight fast balls and a souvenir in the Monster Seats.

I would like to have heard his comments after the blast.

Frater Perdurabo
07-17-2012, 10:49 PM
In the end, Youk was the difference in this game...again. It's almost unfathomable how much he's helped the White Sox since his arrival.

I cannot think if a recent midseason acquisition who made as much of a positive difference as Youkilis, who so far is OPS-ing a stout .939 (not counting tonight's 3-run blast).

Here are some of the best in the KW era (Schueler didn't acquire much midseason help other than Tim Belcher in 1993, and Charles Johnson and a washed-up Harold Baines in 2000.):

Garcia was acquired midseason 2004 and went 9-4 with a 4.46 ERA. Contreras was acquired midseason 2004 and went 5-4 with a 5.30 ERA. Both obviously contributed much more in 2005.

Everett was acquired midseason 2003 and 2004. In 2003 he OPS-ed .850 and in 2004 OPS-ed .742, so his 2003 contribution was pretty big.

Blum was acquired midseason 2005; his biggest contribution obviously was the Game 3 extra inning blast in Houston.

MacDougal was acquired midseason 2006 and put up a sterling 1.80 ERA in 25 relief appearances.

Jackson went 4-2 with a 3.24 ERA in 2010.

Peavy only threw three starts for the Sox in 2009. He was very good, but it was too late.

Rios sucked in 2009.

Neither Kotsay (2009) nor Manny Ramirez (2010) contributed much immediately after being acquired.

central44
07-17-2012, 10:50 PM
With 50 wins and 40 losses, the Sox have the third-best record in the AL, trailing only the Yankees and Rangers. (Angels are 50-41.)

They showed the chart before the game saying that since May 17th (when the hot streak started and they transformed from a continuation of the 2011 corpseballers into the current 2012 team) they've had the second best record in all of baseball.

Considering they actually lead the head to head series with Texas, and split with the Yankees in New York, is there a team that is *clearly* better right now? This is easily my favorite team since 2008, but back then there was a pervading sense that there were some teams that were simply better. I really haven't experienced that this season. Even during stretches when the pitching or offense is inconsistent, they manage to gut out wins.

Anyway, a lot of positives for tonight. Hopefully Humber can pitch this well every time out, and this is a sign that the offense is waking up from the All Star break. If Floyd and Humber can both figure their stuff out (and Floyd appeared to have before his injury) the rotation becomes a major plus.

I really love the 2012 White Sox. Can't remember the last time I was so optimistic about a team!

Tragg
07-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Humber, Axe, Quintana - as long as they don't walk guys, we're fine with these 3.
Om has had a couple of nice outings now.

sullythered
07-17-2012, 10:57 PM
They showed the chart before the game saying that since May 17th (when the hot streak started and they transformed from a continuation of the 2011 corpseballers into the current 2012 team) they've had the second best record in all of baseball.

Considering they actually lead the head to head series with Texas, and split with the Yankees in New York, is there a team that is *clearly* better right now? This is easily my favorite team since 2008, but back then there was a pervading sense that there were some teams that were simply better. I really haven't experienced that this season. Even during stretches when the pitching or offense is inconsistent, they manage to gut out wins.

Anyway, a lot of positives for tonight. Hopefully Humber can pitch this well every time out, and this is a sign that the offense is waking up from the All Star break. If Floyd and Humber can both figure their stuff out (and Floyd appeared to have before his injury) the rotation becomes a major plus.

I really love the 2012 White Sox. Can't remember the last time I was so optimistic about a team!

What an awesome ****ing surprise this team has been. I can only think of one time when I was more pleasantly surprised by one of my favorite teams. Can you guess what team that was?

Lip Man 1
07-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Huge, HUGE win tonight with Detroit and Cleveland losing.

The Youk deal may turn out to be the best of the year...we'll see because Kenny might not be done.

It would be nice to grab one more in Boston.

Lip

slavko
07-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Two of those hits that kept the inning going were weak Twinkie hits. Matt made some good pitches and got unlucky.

True, they were but....the HR did happen. Humber impressed. If he can keep it up, well, don't give the ranch away for any washed up starters, Kenny.

Comcast guys raving about Ax throwing what looked like a splitter last night. Whatever it was looked mighty good. (fastball at 89, ugh)

TDog
07-17-2012, 11:11 PM
I pretty much missed the game after the second. I was wondering if there were any special circumstances involving Dunn stealing second after Rios was thrown out trying to steal second an inning earlier. Did Konerko miss a hit-and-run sign? Was it a hit-and-run play with a pitch in the dirt not swung at. I'm not suggesting a straight steal is out of the question. But it would be unexpected.

It looks like Humber in his first start coming off the DL had a pretty good night after a rough start, not unlike Axelrod in Monday's game. And this was the team that brought Humber crashing back to earth in the first game after his perfect game. Getting the lead right back with a big two-out RBI hit from De Aza helped, and then the big two-out three-run homer from Youkilis helped even more and proved to be the difference between winning and losing. De Aza's next RBI hit didn't seem big, but in Fenway, being over-insured isn't such a bad idea. Fortunately, Reed had no trouble in the ninth.

A solid start by a visiting pitcher in Fenway is impressive, and the Sox have had two from starters fans may have considered questionable. Two quality starts after rough starts to the first inning. This time the White Sox offense came up big against a lefty who figured to be a challenge. Couple that with the Tigers sending out a top prospect to get shelled by the Angels tonight, while the Angels top prospect was shutting them out, and with the Angels losing, and the division lead is back to where it was Monday morning.

I know there has been some consternation about the White Sox pitching health this year, but I don't know really how serious it is. Teams shouldn't be honest with the public about the health of their team for competitive reasons. But if the injuries are healed with rest, and it's possible Humber might be back to where he was, this starting rotation, save for Peavy and Sale, might be stronger for it at season's end. Humber's start, anyway opened a window of optimism that wasn't there last night.

Soxman219
07-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Did anyone else see the smile Youk had in the 4th 10 seconds before he hit that HR? I felt like he knew it was coming.:cool:

Domeshot17
07-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Humber was great tonight. Huge Win! Youk has been a great addition. I love what he brings to this team!

ZombieRob
07-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Did anyone else see the smile Youk had in the 4th 10 seconds before he hit that HR? I felt like he knew it was coming.:cool:
Are you suggesting a possible groove pitch? :smile:

SoxSpeed22
07-17-2012, 11:32 PM
The vets are really setting the tone out there. Humber mixed up his pitches pretty well and Viciedo made a heck of a catch to prevent any Boston momentum. Nice to gain some ground on the "game we were supposed to lose".

ChiSoxGal85
07-17-2012, 11:36 PM
Are you suggesting a possible groove pitch? :smile:

You know, that thought did cross my mind.

fram40
07-17-2012, 11:39 PM
For all of you wondering, Dunn had a straight steal of second. Lester was paying no attention to him - so he took off.

One other mid-season acquisition that could rival Youk was not a trade nor a waiver pickup - just a promotion from AA. Frank in '90 - he had a huge 60 game start to his career. Altho they did fall short of the A's.

thomas35forever
07-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Good all-around pitching tonight. Humber sucked in the first and Thornton was shaky in the 8th, but I liked what I saw on the mound. And good job by Youkilis to let his game speak instead of firing insults back at Valentine.

chisoxfanatic
07-18-2012, 12:02 AM
I'm two years younger than you and can't. Remember a better acquisition mid-season either.

Nice going by the SP once again!

kittle42
07-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Just got back to my hotel from the game. Got a Green Monster seat off Stubhub. Fun time. It was fun doing the Youk yell after the homer. Not too many Sox fans there. Hope to go again Thursday if work allows.

And boy, the concessions at Fenway make Wrigley look eclectic.

delben91
07-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Not bad for what was described as a team going nowhere after yesterday's game.

chisoxfanatic
07-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Just got back to my hotel from the game. Got a Green Monster seat off Stubhub. Fun time. It was fun doing the Youk yell after the homer. Not too many Sox fans there. Hope to go again Thursday if work allows.

I'm going to Fenway next month. Tell me more about the concessions.

kittle42
07-18-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm going to Fenway next month. Tell me more about the concessions.

Basic ballpark fare. That's all.

Two stands have lobster rolls and cajun chicken. Otherwise, popcorn, peanuts, burger, dog, sausage, fries. Don't even think about getting a craft beer.

A stand by one of the gates had fruit. I bought an apple and waited til after the game to get some awesome, fresh seafood and chicken at Citizen. There are many good dining options within a half mile, much like Wrigley. Don't waste your money or calories inside.

doublem23
07-18-2012, 12:47 AM

If you're talking from a pure production standpoint, I'd have to give the nod to Charles Johnson, who went on an absolute tear for the 2000 Sox after they picked him up at the trade deadline. .326/.411/.607 in the 44 games for the Sox with 10 HR, 36 RBI, and 24 RS. The guy was unconscious from the moment he stepped off the plane at O'Hare. Unfortunately, he was precisely what the Sox didn't need (offense).

Now, if we're talking the kind of impact a player has on a team, I'm going to have to agree, for now, Youkilis has been utterly amazing.

doublem23
07-18-2012, 12:48 AM

You weren't the guy with his arms raised cheering on top of the Monster when Youk's homer landed, were you? I thought it was odd that a guy in Boston was so excited for Youk's HR that essentially buried the Sawx for the night.

MUsoxfan
07-18-2012, 01:00 AM
sonsofsamhorn is quality reading tonight:smile:

kittle42
07-18-2012, 01:04 AM
You weren't the guy with his arms raised cheering on top of the Monster when Youk's homer landed, were you? I thought it was odd that a guy in Boston was so excited for Youk's HR that essentially buried the Sawx for the night.

I was one of them, but you can only see me in the shot before it landed, off to the right.

October26
07-18-2012, 07:36 AM
YOUK!...That homer by Youkilis was a thing of beauty. TANK!...And I had to do a happy dance :bandance: after Viciedo made that great catch in the 5th inning . Nice outing by Humber. Thornton did scare me a bit in the 8th but other than that, this was a great win - keep on winning, White Sox! :bliss:

harwar
07-18-2012, 08:42 AM
after Viciedo made that great catch in the 5th inning .

That ball was knuckling so bad .. it shows what a great natural athlete Tank really is ..

SCCWS
07-18-2012, 08:42 AM

The Youk deal may turn out to be the best of the year...we'll see because Kenny might not be done.

Lip

Lip: No way KW can pry away another Red Sox :tongue:
player..........................

Hitmen77
07-18-2012, 08:58 AM

Lip

Yes, it's great to gain a game ahead of our division rivals....especially since we're starting another AAA call up vs. Boston tonight.

harwar
07-18-2012, 09:02 AM

yea, i saw that smile too,but it could be that he was thinking to himself, after the 2nd straight fastball right over the plate,after 3 balls outside .. "ok,so it's like that is it'.. "let's go then" .. he looked very determined as he stepped into the box .. also, it seems to me that Youk has accomplished pretty much everything that he wanted to,coming into his old stomping grounds .. he showed boston what we have known since his arrival .. that he is STILL a smart,gritty,and extremely talented ballplayer that makes good things happen for his team .. as for the Youk vs Bobby V thing i think that he has shown that actions do indeed speak louder than words ..

Chez
07-18-2012, 09:13 AM
If you're talking from a pure production standpoint, I'd have to give the nod to Charles Johnson, who went on an absolute tear for the 2000 Sox after they picked him up at the trade deadline. .326/.411/.607 in the 44 games for the Sox with 10 HR, 36 RBI, and 24 RS. The guy was unconscious from the moment he stepped off the plane at O'Hare. Unfortunately, he was precisely what the Sox didn't need (offense).

Now, if we're talking the kind of impact a player has on a team, I'm going to have to agree, for now, Youkilis has been utterly amazing.

You beat me too it. That was my first thought. Johnson was a huge pick-up in 2000 (replacing Brook Fordyce). Tim Belcher was a good acquisition in '93 to give us a solid 5th starter. And as previously posted, Julio Cruz was essential to the '83 team's blistering second half.

slavko
07-18-2012, 09:23 AM
You beat me too it. That was my first thought. Johnson was a huge pick-up in 2000 (replacing Brook Fordyce). Tim Belcher was a good acquisition in '93 to give us a solid 5th starter. And as previously posted, Julio Cruz was essential to the '83 team's blistering second half.

Fordyce was an OK hitter, minimal power. The reason they got Johnson was for defense, IIRC.

doublem23
07-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Fordyce was an OK hitter, minimal power. The reason they got Johnson was for defense, IIRC.

Johnson was just an overall upgrade over Fordyce in every area of the game. Catcher was basically the only weak spot in the 2000 lineup. Everybody else was contributing.

cws05champ
07-18-2012, 09:45 AM

Really? I thought there would be a LOT of Sox fans there! :tongue:

soxinem1
07-18-2012, 10:58 AM

I LOL'd at Adam Dunn stealing 2nd. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. :D:

Hard to believe Dunn actually had base-stealing skills at one time. He had 20+ in his first two minor league seasons and I believe he swiped 20 in his first full MLB season with CIN.

That being said, I would love to see a game where AJ, Dunn, and PK all steal bases!!

tstrike2000
07-18-2012, 11:11 AM

He's been huge. One acquisition that stands out to me was Tony Bernazard for Julio Cruz in June of '83. The Sox were roughly .500 when he got here and we ended up going on a tear to win 99 games that season.

Zisk77
07-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Johnson was just an overall upgrade over Fordyce in every area of the game. Catcher was basically the only weak spot in the 2000 lineup. Everybody else was contributing.

Johnson was a basestealing deterrant. They ran on Fordyce worse then anyone ever ran on A.J.

SaltyPretzel
07-18-2012, 11:33 AM
He's been huge. One acquisition that stands out to me was Tony Bernazard for Julio Cruz in June of '83. The Sox were roughly .500 when he got here and we ended up going on a tear to win 99 games that season.

He became a .300 hitter after '83. .150 from the left, and .150 from the right.

slavko
07-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Johnson was a basestealing deterrant. They ran on Fordyce worse then anyone ever ran on A.J.

THAT'S what I recall.

hawkjt
07-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Great game for the Sox! The kind of win that could propel them for the rest of the trip.

Crawford and Elsbury are on fire since returning,and so beating them with a righty on the mound is big.
Humber really settled in after that first inning.
Huge outing for Humber to quiet the worryworts like myself.
You have to score runs to beat this Boston team,tho,so good to see the bats wake up.
Alejandro DeAza is the most important catalyst guy on the team. As he goes,so goes the Sox offense....and he finally popped out of his funk with a couple of big hits...he has dropped from .308 to .271 over the last few weeks...but has it back above .281 after last nite. If he can keep it above .280...all good.

Youk is such a smart hitter, up there with PK in that dept.
Saw a stat where he has not swung on a 3-0 count all year,despite Hawk moaning about letting that ball go...Youk prefers putting the pressure on the pitcher in a 3-2 count,clearly.:D: That was one sweet moment for Youk and the Sox.

Thornton has been much better the last 4 -5 outings,mixing his offspeed stuff,throwing strikes with it, and I still think he is in a good place,despite last nite. Ducksnort dribbler hits,and one bad pitch to a high ball hitter does not change my mind on Thornton. Anyone that has been watching him very closely can see that he has been better in July than before.

Now, another no-name...Hernandez...starting tonite for the Sox. Came over from the Padres in the Carlos Quentin trade along with Simon Castro.
Lets hope the Sox can get one of the starts from a newbie that puzzles the vet Red Sox.

Win tonite,and this road trip has a chance to go from a looming disaster,with all the injuries,to a solid success.

shingo10
07-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Is there any way Robin isn't manager of the year? I mean seriously who has done a better job with what they have? I think the answer to that is nobody.

This team has been overcoming injuries all season long and grinded out huge wins. Last night was tough to watch near the end but a great, great win.

BigKlu59
07-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Is there any way Robin isn't manager of the year? I mean seriously who has done a better job with what they have? I think the answer to that is nobody.

This team has been overcoming injuries all season long and grinded out huge wins. Last night was tough to watch near the end but a great, great win.

They're tough to watch because your brain has been programmed to expect the great implosion over the last couple of seasons. Good teams, as you say, grind them out and have a knack for making the other guys knees start to knock at crunch time... and go down one, two, three when the chips are on the line..

Great guts by Humber... Youk again proving he can be Mr. Clutch. Thorton had a burp.., but in that band box, you get anything in the air to left and it ends up in someones baked beans in the seats..

Keep plugging away boys !!!!

BK59

DSpivack
07-18-2012, 01:35 PM

If the Sox make the playoffs, I think he definitely wins. If they don't, someone else (?) does.

TheOldRoman
07-18-2012, 02:19 PM
If the Sox make the playoffs, I think he definitely wins. If they don't, someone else (?) does.I'm guessing Robin leads the Sox to a division title and they give Manager of the Year to Manny Acta. He was a brilliant hire by 2005 American League Executive of the Year Mark Shapiro. :rolleyes:

sox1970
07-18-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm guessing Robin leads the Sox to a division title and they give Manager of the Year to Manny Acta. He was a brilliant hire by 2005 American League Executive of the Year Mark Shapiro. :rolleyes:

That was ridiculous, but if the Sox win this division, Ventura is a lock.

SoxSpeed22
07-18-2012, 02:25 PM
If Baltimore gets in one way or another, Showalter should be manager of the year, but yeah, Robin definitely has a great case.

SoxandtheCityTee
07-18-2012, 04:38 PM

Man, was I in love with that acquisition of CJ. Off the top of my head I can't recall a short term rental that I was as sorry to lose. Not only his offense but nobody stole on him, either. I'll just leave the 2000 season at that. Sigh.

For present puposes, Youk is the man in terms of impact.

TheOldRoman
07-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Man, was I in love with that acquisition of CJ. Off the top of my head I can't recall a short term rental that I was as sorry to lose. Not only his offense but nobody stole on him, either.Oh, yes. Charles Johnson was a hell of a player in his prime.

October26
07-18-2012, 06:12 PM
That ball was knuckling so bad .. it shows what a great natural athlete Tank really is ..

Viciedo is a gifted athlete who is very agile. Now, he's not going to win a gold glove or anything but I have been very pleasantly surprised and pleased with Viciedo's play in LF so far this year.

soxinem1
07-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Oh, yes. Charles Johnson was a hell of a player in his prime.

What prime was that? At least with the bat, 2000 was a career year for him, followed by the first 3 1/2 months of 2001. Beforehand, he hit a few HR, never hit for an average, and was done for just a few years later.

His game was defense pre-2000. He was decent with us but nothing like most of his first tenure with FLA.

But sure, adding a #9 hitter that narrowly ended up with the 2nd best BA on your team with power to boot, who can argue? :D:

TomBradley72
07-19-2012, 08:42 AM
The Herbert Perry acquisition in 2000 was one of the more significant in season acquisitions- plugged a huge hole at 3rd and he had a very nice season with us- if he's healthy in the ALDS- the series with Seattle would have been very different-

TheVulture
07-19-2012, 05:28 PM

Charles Johnson in 2000. Just a slight upgrade over Mark Johnson with his gold glove caliber defense and 1.019 OPS during his 44 games for the Al Central Champion Sox.

FoulTerritory
07-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Charles Johnson in 2000. Just a slight upgrade over Mark Johnson with his gold glove caliber defense and 1.019 OPS during his 44 games for the Al Central Champion Sox.

He (unlike the majority of his teammates) was dangerous in the ALDS too.

TheVulture
07-19-2012, 05:32 PM
He became a .300 hitter after '83. .150 from the left, and .150 from the right.

Classic.