PDA

View Full Version : Theo has a devoted fan

DumpJerry
07-17-2012, 09:21 AM
In Chicago, we call it a "felony." (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-woman-accused-of-stalking-cubs-boss-20120717,0,2295809.story)

GlassSox
07-17-2012, 10:41 AM
She likely needs a good lawyer :tongue:

DumpJerry
07-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Naw. A good Shrink.

DSpivack
07-17-2012, 11:54 AM

Naw. A good Shrink.

Or a shrink-wrapped lawyer.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-17-2012, 12:26 PM
I hope Theo doesn't own a rabbit.

TheVulture
07-19-2012, 07:53 PM
:scratch: Without a prior restraining order, did she really commit a crime? If not, why was she arrested?

slavko
07-19-2012, 09:38 PM
She talked to his wife. Lucky she didn't go Amy Fisher on them.

DumpJerry
07-19-2012, 10:23 PM
:scratch: Without a prior restraining order, did she really commit a crime? If not, why was she arrested?
Because the police had probable cause that she committed a crime.

Stalking is a crime, an order of protection is not an element of the crime.

Johnny Mostil
07-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Yikes (http://deadspin.com/5928921/yes-theo-epsteins-accused-stalker-wore-a-red-sox-shirt-to-her-mental-competency-hearing).

soxfanatlanta
07-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Yikes (http://deadspin.com/5928921/yes-theo-epsteins-accused-stalker-wore-a-red-sox-shirt-to-her-mental-competency-hearing).

Good grief!

TheVulture
07-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Because the police had probable cause that she committed a crime.

Stalking is a crime, an order of protection is not an element of the crime.

Hmm, I had the understanding that the stalking laws allow a judge to issue a stalking no contact order in certain cases having to do with abusive domestic relation or sexual assualt. If there is no case of either, a victim himself can still apply for a stalking no contact order and the judge determines if the circumstances warrant the order. Either way, there has to be a no contact order, no? Having no sexual assault or domestic abuse history, wouldn't have Epstein had to apply for a no contact order on some other grounds? I don't see how someone can be arrested for going to someone's house unless they have been forbidden from doing so.

DumpJerry
07-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Hmm, I had the understanding that the stalking laws allow a judge to issue a stalking no contact order in certain cases having to do with abusive domestic relation or sexual assualt. If there is no case of either, a victim himself can still apply for a stalking no contact order and the judge determines if the circumstances warrant the order. Either way, there has to be a no contact order, no? Having no sexual assault or domestic abuse history, wouldn't have Epstein had to apply for a no contact order on some other grounds? I don't see how someone can be arrested for going to someone's house unless they have been forbidden from doing so.
You're mixing up civil and criminal orders of protection. It also appears that there have been order(s) of protection issued in Mass against this person.

Frontman
07-29-2012, 09:32 PM
You're mixing up civil and criminal orders of protection. It also appears that there have been order(s) of protection issued in Mass against this person.

Which would be enforced here as well. Otherwise, the stalker could just wait until their "target" crossed state, if not county, lines and continue their stalking.

That's just nuts. Glad nobody got hurt.

Sox
07-29-2012, 10:42 PM
That is some seriously over the top insane behavior...wow!!!:nuts: