PDA

View Full Version : buying the sox

BuehrleACE56
07-26-2002, 02:06 AM
is there any way that WSI could somehow front a financial pool to buy the whitesox? if we could find someone to be the buyer and then with donations or fund raisers and whatever somehow buy out the other guys. Reinsdorf doesn't own a whole lot of it i heard somewhere. anybody know if something like this could work? like that save the expos thing. just wishful thinking i guess.

nut_stock
07-26-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
is there any way that WSI could somehow front a financial pool to buy the whitesox? if we could find someone to be the buyer and then with donations or fund raisers and whatever somehow buy out the other guys. Reinsdorf doesn't own a whole lot of it i heard somewhere. anybody know if something like this could work? like that save the expos thing. just wishful thinking i guess.

Sure! I have an extra $150,000,000 lying around here someplace.

Dadawg_77
07-26-2002, 10:16 AM
Best bet maybe to find out the other partners in the White Sox. See if you can get them to join you in bidding for the team. It would decrease the amount of cash needed, since they just buy the same % they currently own, net zero cash for them.

KingXerxes
07-26-2002, 10:25 AM
Being that most of the limited partners who own the White Sox are lifelong friends of Jerry Reinsdorf (dating way back to his Balcor real estate syndication days) and have limited pieces of the Bulls ownership in common as well; I would like to wish anybody a lot of luck if their game plan was to have some of these guys cross-over to a new managing general partner.

kevingrt
07-26-2002, 11:55 AM
Selig and the MLB won't let the public buy a team... We'd kind of have to do what the Packers do in the NFL but MLB doesn't allow it

KruseControl04
07-26-2002, 01:29 PM
I'd chip in all 20 dollars in my wallet to help WSI to buy the White Sox.

dougs78
07-26-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56

You know I think this could really work!!!

.....if we were living in a Disney movie. But last time I checked we are not. Nice thought though. :smile:

Dadawg_77
07-26-2002, 02:48 PM
You set a corporation to buy the Sox. Just make sure you have a couple of good lawyers, and a couple of politicans on your side. If MLB refuses to let you in, threaten to declare war on their holy grail, the Anti-trust exemption. If they don't let you in, then declare the war. you may lose, but you could win, which might bring some real reform to Baseball.