PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7-15 First series win in KC since 2009; SOX 2 KC 1 Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
07-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Whew...

It's nice when your ace aces and your closer closes.

delben91
07-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Like the thread title says, heard that stat about it being the first series win for the Sox in KC since 2009. Sure seems like it's been even longer than that.

Sale is awesome, scattering those 10 hits.

SoxFan49
This must be the first time our pitchers have given up 10 hits and only 1 run this year.

Sale is just a great pitcher and was able to get out of some jams today.

Edit- I stand corrected, Jose Quintana gave up 10 hits and only gave up 1 run against the Cardinals, regardless this was a great job by Chris to leave their RISP.

PeteWard
Nice win. Hope Pk can snap out of it in Boston. Sox need him to do so if they want to win that series.

MarySwiss
07-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Whew? Seriously! I was calling this a loss from about the fourth inning on. This game was a lot closer than it should have been, and given our Sunday history....

Anyway, :bandance::bandance::bandance:

sox230
07-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Like the thread title says, heard that stat about it being the first series win for the Sox in KC since 2009. Sure seems like it's been even longer than that.

Sale is awesome, scattering those 10 hits.

I love when our pitchers "scatter" hits, because that means we've won!

PeteWard
07-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Whew? Seriously! I was calling this a loss from about the fourth inning on. This game was a lot closer than it should have been, and given our Sunday history....

Anyway, :bandance::bandance::bandance:

I too expected the worst in the late innings.

WhiteSox5187
07-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Nice win. Hope Pk can snap out of it in Boston. Sox need him to do so if they want to win that series.

Paulie's slump is very unnerving, I think it isn't so much a slump as it is a result of his wrist hurting him. He has "just missed" a few pitches that in May he would have crushed.

Tragg
07-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Excellent series win, especially considering we could easily have been swept.
Step it up tomorrow.
Tigers in second - we now face up with the team we figured would be the competition.

LoveYourSuit
07-15-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm so glad we are leaving KC.

4 games in the loss column on the Tigers.

PeteWard
07-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Paulie's slump is very unnerving, I think it isn't so much a slump as it is a result of his wrist hurting him. He has "just missed" a few pitches that in May he would have crushed.

Not sure. It may just be a funk. He is taking those first pitches over the plate that he was jumping on from April to early June.

LITTLE NELL
07-15-2012, 04:13 PM
I couldn't watch the bottom of the 9th, I'm getting too old and my nerves have a hard time with close games. On to Boston and then the big weekend in Detroit, split with the Bosox and take 2 of 3 with the Tigers and I'll be happy.

MarySwiss
07-15-2012, 04:15 PM
The PTC winner should be interesting. Probably will be Sale, but hats off to Alexei as well!! :D:

PeteWard
07-15-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm so glad we are leaving KC.

4 games in the loss column on the Tigers.

I think it is very good that the Sox set them back to 10.5 back. Maybe they will have less fight in them in Chi for the next series.

ChiSoxGal85
07-15-2012, 04:16 PM
I couldn't watch the bottom of the 9th, I'm getting too old and my nerves have a hard time with close games. On to Boston and then the big weekend in Detroit, split with the Bosox and take 2 of 3 with the Tigers and I'll be happy.

Haha, I thought I was the only scaredy cat who couldn't watch. From the bottom of the 8th, I followed the rest of the game via Twitter.

Way to hang on, Sox. :bandance:

BigKlu59
07-15-2012, 04:17 PM
:bandance::bandance::bandance: is right... Once again win a close one with leather and a great scrapper outing by Cy Sale. I know Lip is happy about this one, beating a team weeze supposed to beat and pick up a game on the Tribe. DSNB's... Take the next two series... :bandance::bandance::bandance:

BK59

MarySwiss
Excellent series win, especially considering we could easily have been swept.
Step it up tomorrow.
Tigers in second - we now face up with the team we figured would be the competition.
Wait! Weren't we supposed to finish dead last in the division? :cool:

LITTLE NELL
Not sure. It may just be a funk. He is taking those first pitches over the plate that he was jumping on from April to early June.

I can't believe it's the same guy, he looks worse than Morel on some of his swings.

LongLiveFisk
07-15-2012, 04:20 PM

Depends on if he's ok. He took one in the hand pretty good.

PeteWard
07-15-2012, 04:23 PM
So, Sale vs Verlander Friday? :o:

slavko
07-15-2012, 04:23 PM
I can't believe it's the same guy, he looks worse than Morel on some of his swings.

Is it the wrist or a Good Old six week slump where he tries to pull everything? Which would you rather have it be?

voodoochile
07-15-2012, 04:24 PM
The PTC winner should be interesting. Probably will be Sale, but hats off to Alexei as well!! :D:

Can't give PTC to a pitcher who gave up 10 hits in 8 innings. His defense bailed him out big time today and the guy you mentioned second was working the sump pump overtime...

Toons lost but the Kittens won so they flip-flopped in the standings but it still extends the Sox lead.

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance:

BigKlu59
07-15-2012, 04:28 PM

Oh come on Little Nell.. at least cover your eyes and peek through your fingers.. You've followed these guys for so long you should have a constitution tougher than rawhide...

Paul is having some issues and hopefully he can figure out whats the problem.. He just doesnt look comfortable up there right now and seems to have lost something in his timing..He's stuck in the just miss on pitches and has been said, letting stuff go that he would have crushed a couple of months ago..

I'd be worried if he were carrying this team and he was our only howitzer in the line up, but thankfully his mates are picking up the slack right now till he gets it back on track..

BK59

Noneck
07-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Big series win considering whats coming up in Boston. Splitting that series will be just dandy.

PeteWard
07-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Oh come on Little Nell.. at least cover your eyes and peek through your fingers.. You've followed these guys for so long you should have a constitution tougher than rawhide...

Paul is having some issues and hopefully he can figure out whats the problem.. He just doesnt look comfortable up there right now and seems to have lost something in his timing..He's stuck in the just miss on pitches and has been said, letting stuff go that he would have crushed a couple of months ago..

I'd be worried if he were carrying this team and he was our only howitzer in the line up, but thankfully his mates are picking up the slack right now till he gets it back on track..

BK59

I know what you mean, but the Sox won't go far without him. I think he will break out soon...unless it really is the injury.

cards press box
07-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Very well pitched and well played game! The Sox defense has just been excellent this year!

:winner

oldgrouch
07-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Does anyone know whats up with him? They kept saying Robin was juggling the rotation for next week.:scratch::scratch:

Brian26
07-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Does anyone know whats up with him? They kept saying Robin was juggling the rotation for next week.:scratch::scratch:

Tendinitis in right elbow, pulled from next start in Boston.

SCCWS
07-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Tendinitis in right elbow, pulled from next start in Boston.

Too bad. He pitches well against Red Sox

LITTLE NELL
07-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Is it the wrist or a Good Old six week slump where he tries to pull everything? Which would you rather have it be?

Hopefully It's just a slump that he will bust out of soon, maybe in Fenway. If it's the wrist, that's a different story.

WhiteSox5187
07-15-2012, 05:03 PM

That's the thing, he is not trying to pull everything. He is still going the other way, it's just that everything he hits now is a single and I think that that is a direct result from his wrist hurting. I have no medical evidence to base this conclusion on but watching him of late his approach is still sound, it's just that his power is gone.

chisoxfanatic
07-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Great to see them start off this road trip on the right foot. Sale stayed calm and in control the whole way through. He is very mature for his experience level.

cheezheadsoxfan
07-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Haha, I thought I was the only scaredy cat who couldn't watch. From the bottom of the 8th, I followed the rest of the game via Twitter.

Way to hang on, Sox. :bandance:
Add me to that list. The MLB app helps considerably.
Nice win.:bliss:

JB98
07-15-2012, 05:13 PM
I think Betancourt can turn in his Sox Killer card now. For the second time in this series, he arrived at the plate just in time to kill Kansas City's best chance to win.

Sale's performance reminded me of some games McDowell pitched back in the early 90s. He'd give up nine or 10 hits and having nothing resembling his best stuff, but he'd manage to give up one fewer run than his mound opponent and get out of there with a win.

It's always tough for the White Sox to beat Kansas City, mostly because Sox hitters struggle to hit Royals pitchers that other teams around the league manhandle. I wish I could explain why our boys are so baffled by Luis Mendoza, but at the end of the day Mendoza has nothing to show for his effort except a loss.

I don't think any Sox fan can be disappointed with a series win in Kansas City. I know the Royals are supposed to be easy to beat, but they are not.

palehozenychicty
07-15-2012, 05:20 PM
I like the box score. I like the win. On to Beantown!

Soxman219
07-15-2012, 05:31 PM

Sox win that game easily.:cool:

Sox
07-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Saw the highlights on the tele..Glad the Sox were able to take the series.

Chez
07-15-2012, 05:47 PM
When you don't walk anyone and your defense plays great, you can scatter 10 hits and only let one run score. The Sox have lost very few games this season because of their defense -- that's a huge change from prior years. Beckham is just so solid at second.

SOXSINCE'70
07-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Always nice to win a Series. It's been 3 years since the Sox have done this. Please don't wait so long next time. :bandance::bandance:

SOXSINCE'70
07-15-2012, 07:16 PM

Only if the Tiggers don't have an off day on Monday or Thursday. Otherwise, we see Mr. "Let me go with heat and spot the NL a 5-0 ASG lead" on Saturday.

Personally, I am hoping for Sale vs Verlander.

SOXSINCE'70
07-15-2012, 07:18 PM
That's the thing, he is not trying to pull everything. He is still going the other way, it's just that everything he hits now is a single and I think that that is a direct result from his wrist hurting. I have no medical evidence to base this conclusion on but watching him of late his approach is still sound, it's just that his power is gone.

It is very painful to watch this slump.:(:

ElevenUp
07-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Nice to see Dunn smashing the ball. Looks like the break did him a lot of good. I hope Floyd is able to bounce back soon, he's pitched we'll against Detroit. Hopefully he can make his next start in that series.

CoopaLoop
07-15-2012, 08:54 PM
This Adam Dunn fella needs to stop striking out I tell you. Stop swinging for the fences ya bum!

kittle42
07-15-2012, 10:26 PM
This Adam Dunn fella needs to stop striking out I tell you. Stop swinging for the fences ya bum!

Seriously, those leads he keeps spotting us are just unbearable. And don't get me started on Kevin Youkilis!

October26
07-16-2012, 07:12 AM
Great to see them start off this road trip on the right foot. Sale stayed calm and in control the whole way through. He is very mature for his experience level.

+1

You read my mind! Sale is mature beyond his 23 years and once again pitched like the ace he is. I listened to this game on the radio. It was a close game and I'm so glad the Sox finally won a series in KC. Also, kudos to Adam Dunn for hitting his major-league-leading 28th homer. :bandance:

Keep on winning, White Sox! :D:

dwitt76
07-16-2012, 07:32 AM
Only if the Tiggers don't have an off day on Monday or Thursday. Otherwise, we see Mr. "Let me go with heat and spot the NL a 5-0 ASG lead" on Saturday.

Personally, I am hoping for Sale vs Verlander.

Detroit starts a 4 game series against LAA tonight.

gobears1987
07-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Seriously, those leads he keeps spotting us are just unbearable. And don't get me started on Kevin Youkilis!

I know! Dunn needs to stop hitting 450' bombs and start bunting down 3rd. :redneck