PDA

View Full Version : SOX series in Boston

#1swisher
07-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Dan Hayes
Gavin Floyd will not pitch Monday. Axelrod, Humber and then TBA in Boston.

Gavin Floyd pushed back tomorrow with tendinitis in forearm/elbow. Had MRI in Chicago yesterday, showed no structural damage.

Mark Gonzales
Floyd forearm soreness, might return Wed, Quintana could move up

jaguiar2
07-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Anybody going to these games?

Flying out for the game Thursday, looking for somewhere to go before hand around the park.

Harry Potter
07-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Recommend Boston Beer Works across the street from Fenway, on Brookline Ave. :gulp:

delben91
07-16-2012, 02:28 PM
So if Floyd doesn't go during the Boston series, would it be...

Monday: Axelrod
Tuesday: Humber
Wednesday: Quintana
Thursday: Peavy

???

Noneck
07-16-2012, 02:34 PM

???

If it was me making the rotation, I would wait and see what happens. See how detroit does and of course how the Sox are doing in boston. Detroit will be a big series and if you have to "give one up" in boston, you do it.

delben91
07-16-2012, 02:36 PM
If it was me making the rotation, I would wait and see what happens. See how detroit does and of course how the Sox are doing in boston. Detroit will be a big series and if you have to "give one up" in boston, you do it.

Yeah, I guess the question is who would you throw in that situation? Bring Heath back up for a spot start? Ask Boston if we can borrow Zach Stewart for a game?

Foulke You
07-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Recommend Boston Beer Works across the street from Fenway, on Brookline Ave. :gulp:
Agree. Excellent microbrews there and the food is above average. Solid place to go before or after a game at Fenway. However, you have to get there early before a game to get seated right away. Place fills up fast close to game time.

hawkjt
07-16-2012, 02:52 PM

???

I would rather bring up a starter for Thurs.,take our chances,and then have Peavy,Sale and maybe Humber or even another callup vs the Tigers.

I do not want to see Sale go against Verlander on Friday...it is almost a sure loss,and I would rather sacrifice a callup if nothing else and have Sale and Peavy for game 2 and 3.

doublem23
07-16-2012, 02:54 PM
I would rather bring up a starter for Thurs.,take our chances,and then have Peavy,Sale and maybe Humber or even another callup vs the Tigers.

I do not want to see Sale go against Verlander on Friday...it is almost a sure loss,and I would rather sacrifice a callup if nothing else and have Sale and Peavy for game 2 and 3.

Sale's been better than Verlander this year and the Sox offense has been better than Detroit's.

Cangelosi CF
07-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Anybody going to these games?

Flying out for the game Thursday, looking for somewhere to go before hand around the park. Flying out Wednesday, will be there on Thursday for my birthday :gulp:

kittle42
07-16-2012, 03:14 PM
I do not want to see Sale go against Verlander on Friday...it is almost a sure loss

By that logic, wouldn't the Tigers be saying the same thing about that game?

I don't see what any team loses by having its best pitcher against the opponent's best pitcher.

jaguiar2
07-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Agree. Excellent microbrews there and the food is above average. Solid place to go before or after a game at Fenway. However, you have to get there early before a game to get seated right away. Place fills up fast close to game time.

What time would you suggest getting there?

I plan on going into the stadium pretty early to watch the Sox take BP.

Huisj
07-16-2012, 03:58 PM

I hope Sale goes Friday. It's my birthday and I have tickets.

delben91
07-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Looks like a spot starter on Wednesday, Quintana Thursday and Peavy, Sale to start first 2 games v. Detroit.

https://twitter.com/CST_soxvan/status/224973358507376640

palehosepub
07-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Is anyone aware of where the Sox are staying in Boston? I know the team used to stay in the Westin Copley but I think that changed. Any info would be great.

Foulke You
07-17-2012, 02:45 PM
What time would you suggest getting there?

I plan on going into the stadium pretty early to watch the Sox take BP.
If you get there 2.5-3 hours before the game starts, you should be able to get a seat. Usually between an hour/hour and a half before the game starts is when you have to wait to be seated.

BigHurt3515
07-17-2012, 05:43 PM
RT @CST_soxvan: Left-hander Pedro Hernandez to start Wednesday. Came in Quentin trade.

russ99
07-17-2012, 05:50 PM
RT @CST_soxvan: Left-hander Pedro Hernandez to start Wednesday. Came in Quentin trade.

Interesting. He did well in AA this year, but only recently got called up to Charlotte. He only pitched 2 games and 1 start for them.

With Boston's lefty-heavy lineup, could work to our favor. I hope he can give us a decent 5-6 innings...