PDA

View Full Version : KW on why he and JM have Jobs........

MaggPipes
07-26-2002, 01:11 AM
sometimes they just brake out into green day

:KW :jerry
I'm GLAD to be a minority......

(Whoops did i just say that....i am not racist......seriously)
Stop looking at me like that.....)

nut_stock
07-26-2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
sometimes they just brake out into green day

:KW :jerry
I'm GLAD to be a minority......

(Whoops did i just say that....i am not racist......seriously)
Stop looking at me like that.....)

Be careful!!

MaggPipes
07-26-2002, 08:12 AM
Everyone should know i was just joking....

hold2dibber
07-26-2002, 08:26 AM
There are a lot more horrible white GMs and managers who mysteriously keep their jobs than minority GMs and managers who mysteriously keep their jobs (see, for example, Alan Baird, Dan Duquette, Tony Muser, Dave Smith (or whoever preceded Dombrowski in Detroit), the GM in Milwaukee, Larry Bowa, the Tampa Bay GM, etc., etc., etc.)

PaleHoseGeorge
07-26-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
There are a lot more horrible white GMs and managers who mysteriously keep their jobs than minority GMs and managers who mysteriously keep their jobs (see, for example, Alan Baird, Dan Duquette, Tony Muser, Dave Smith (or whoever preceded Dombrowski in Detroit), the GM in Milwaukee, Larry Bowa, the Tampa Bay GM, etc., etc., etc.)

I agree. Who can forget Phil Garner getting another manager's job after making a shambles in Milwaukee? Detroit actually outraced the Cubune to hire that imbecile. Now they're paying the price.

Naturally the Cubune still managed to screw things up. Baylor was no better.

:baylor
"I was simply a scapegoat. But I got even, killing that patch of ivy!"

harwar
07-26-2002, 09:27 AM
Never-the-less,the reason reinsDORF hired K.W. & J.M. is because of the great PR move he thought he would have in being the FIRST big league club with an african-american GM & Mananger.It would have been a great move if only it had worked and not blown up in his face.I was just pissed because i'm a big fan of Dan Evans.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-26-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by harwar
Never-the-less,the reason reinsDORF hired K.W. & J.M. is because of the great PR move he thought he would have in being the FIRST big league club with an african-american GM & Mananger.It would have been a great move if only it had worked and not blown up in his face.I was just pissed because i'm a big fan of Dan Evans.

Who the hell cares about PR? I want winning baseball, not to be the first team to kiss Jessie Jackson's ass. If a black guy can do the job then fine, but these two slugs are about the most incompetent buffoons I've ever seen.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-26-2002, 09:34 AM

Look, this is totally baseless. Both Evans and Williams were strong candidates for the GM's spot. The notion that Reinsdorf simply chose one over the other based on race is WITHOUT FOUNDATION.

If you wish to attack Reinsdorf's decision, base it on something more credible than this flimsy excuse.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-26-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Look, this is totally baseless. Both Evans and Williams were strong candidates for the GM's spot. The notion that Reinsdorf simply chose one over the other based on race is WITHOUT FOUNDATION.

If you wish to attack Reinsdorf's decision, base it on something more credible than this flimsy excuse.

How 'bout the fact that he's totally INEPT as a GM?

PaleHoseGeorge
07-26-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

How 'bout the fact that he's totally INEPT as a GM?

I think any of us could make a strong case that both Reinsdorf and Williams are totally inept.

kermittheefrog
07-26-2002, 10:56 AM

How the hell is that good PR? Have you ever heard anyone say they want to go to a White Sox game because we have both a minority manager and a minority general manager? Real good PR generates positive sentiment and puts asses in the seats.

hold2dibber
07-26-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

If a black guy can do the job then fine, but these two slugs are about the most incompetent buffoons I've ever seen .

Hey, what about me!:

:hawk

And me!:

:reinsy

And Bevington (can't find a tag)! And oh so many others in the long line of incompetent buffoons running the White Sox. We truly are blessed, aren't we, to be Sox fans!

kevingrt
07-26-2002, 11:57 AM
I bet JM's job lays on what he does with Joe Crede, and all the other players in the minors this year. If he can't turn the team around at the end of the year with Jimenez, Crede, Harris, etc. he won't have a job, I HOPE

harwar
07-27-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

This"flimsy excuse" happens to be fact.Right after K.W.& J.M. were in place,all i heard for 2 days in the local media and on espn was that the White Sox were the first team with an african-american G.M. & Manager.Reinsdorf was quoted as saying that he was very proud of that fact.If you don't believe thats why they were hired then your either naive or just plain uninformed.Also i personally never thought it was a "great PR move",thats just what it was called by the baseball world.

LongDistanceFan
07-27-2002, 10:36 AM
obvious it is JR mandate that kw should lose some of the payroll, so should kw still carry most of the burden of yesterday's trade?

Paulwny
07-27-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
obvious it is JR mandate that kw should lose some of the payroll,

Agree, JR will evaluate KW's performance on the amount of money KW saved him.

RedPinStripes
07-27-2002, 12:23 PM
The minority might have been part of it, but the main reason KW was picked was because KW has been breast feeding off JR since 82. JR and KW's father are good freinds .

We all know it's all about the "circle of friends" with JR.

:reinsy
"And you guys are not in it!"

LongDistanceFan
07-27-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

Agree, JR will evaluate KW's performance on the amount of money KW saved him.

but the other part of my statement that i left off was, it is the gm job to give guidance and provide a vision of what to expect. that is where i think that kw is out match.

RKMeibalane
07-27-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan

but the other part of my statement that i left off was, it is the gm job to give guidance and provide a vision of what to expect. that is where i think that kw is out match.

:KW

"That's not true. I have told Sox fans exactly what to expect from me. But just in case you have forgotten, here's what you should be looking forward to in the coming years: First of all, you should expect me to make several bad trades each season as I continue to decimate the Sox forty-man roster in the hopes that Mr. Reinsdorf will move the team to Santa Fe, New Mexico.

"Second, you should not be surprised if I continue interfering in private, clubhouse affairs involving key players. You should also expect me to continue to support Jerry Manuel, even though he sucks at his job. By the way, I am good at what I do. You people should understand this and respet my infinite wisdom."