PDA

View Full Version : Yankees sign Fukudome

doublem23
07-13-2012, 03:55 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/yankees-sign-kosuke-fukudome.html

Signed to a minor league deal, Fukudome is expected to play in AAA. If he gets called up, he can join Jayson Nix, Boone Logan, Dewayne Wise, Andruw Jones, Nick Swisher, and Freddy Garcia in their impressive collection of ex-Sox cast-offs.

Noneck
07-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Hes a left handed hitter so sure why not.

DumpJerry
07-13-2012, 04:15 PM
I woud use the word "hitter" lightly.

VenturaFan23
07-13-2012, 04:17 PM

Yeah really. More "upper deck" shots at Yankee Stadium.

Noneck
07-13-2012, 04:25 PM
I woud use the word "hitter" lightly.

Ok, Left handed swinger.

TDog
07-13-2012, 04:47 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/07/yankees-sign-kosuke-fukudome.html

Signed to a minor league deal, Fukudome is expected to play in AAA. If he gets called up, he can join Jayson Nix, Boone Logan, Dewayne Wise, Andruw Jones, Nick Swisher, and Freddy Garcia in their impressive collection of ex-Sox cast-offs.

Either you missed Chris Stewart I missed Stewart being cut.

It really is amazing how many ex-White Sox players, and especially players who were scorned by fans while playing for the White Sox. Garcia seemed to have nothing left when he finished his second tour with the White Sox. Logan's first name might have been garbage as many times as I read on these pages that he was garbage.

For all the money the Yankees have, they aren't paying anything for most of these guys who would be sitting on the bench more if not for injuries to frontline players. Swisher is the only one I can think of who is supposed to be an everyday player, and I'm guessing the Yankees don't re-sign him.

I also would expect the Yankees to be a team that should have interest in Pierzynski because he hits left handed with some power.

Tragg
07-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Logan's first name might have been garbage as many times as I read on these pages that he was garbage.

Logan wasn't garbage with the Sox. That was the all too common "if they aren't great as rookies they suck" mentality.

Jones was okay with the Sox.

Wise and Nix still blow - just amazed that the Yanks could be so good with such a think roster that those 2 make it.

Frater Perdurabo
07-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Wise and Nix still blow - just amazed that the Yanks could be so good with such a think roster that those 2 make it.

That's because the top of the Yankees roster is filled with numerous historically excellent players and/or those who are putting up outstanding numbers: Jeter, A-Rod, Cano, Teixeira, Granderson. Other than Jeter, who is on the downside of his career defensively, payroll aside I would trade any player on the Sox straight up for any of them.

NardiWasHere
07-13-2012, 09:24 PM
That's because the top of the Yankees roster is filled with numerous historically excellent players and/or those who are putting up outstanding numbers: Jeter, A-Rod, Cano, Teixeira, Granderson. Other than Jeter, who is on the downside of his career defensively, payroll aside I would trade any player on the Sox straight up for any of them.

I'd put Arod in the downside of his career category as well.

Frater Perdurabo
07-13-2012, 09:26 PM
I'd put Arod in the downside of his career category as well.

If money was no object, I'd still trade any player on the Sox for him.

NardiWasHere
07-13-2012, 09:47 PM

You'd trade Chris Sale for 2012 ARod?

I'd rather have Jeter than Arod.

Frater Perdurabo
07-13-2012, 10:06 PM
You'd trade Chris Sale for 2012 ARod?

I'd rather have Jeter than Arod.

I should have said "position player." I wouldn't trade Sale.

NardiWasHere
07-13-2012, 10:10 PM
I should have said "position player." I wouldn't trade Sale.

Ok. I don't agree, but that makes a little more sense.

Tragg
07-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Maybe, but he's been down offensively a good bit (Konerko has a higher OPS each of the last 3 seasons) and I think he's lost a step defensively. Still, the Yanks have 5 All Star hitters as you said, which makes them hard to beat.

TheVulture
07-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Other than Jeter, who is on the downside of his career defensively, payroll aside I would trade any player on the Sox straight up for any of them.

Really?

Texiera's OPS since 2010: .846, .832, .826

Konerko: .977, .906, .909

Frater Perdurabo
07-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Really?

Texiera's OPS since 2010: .846, .832, .826

Konerko: .977, .906, .909

Teixeira is younger and a switch hitter. However, he is kind of a douchebag, so in real life I'm not sure I'd want him on my team. But since we're talking hypotheticals, I still stand behind my assertion.