PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Franchise the Biggest Troll in Sports?

MARTINMVP
07-12-2012, 10:50 AM
SBNation.com has a feature story and a poll about some of the biggest trolls in sports.

Among Brett Favre, Tony LaRussa, and Bill Belichick, one of the other mentions is the Chicago Cubs Franchise.

Link: http://www.sbnation.com/2012/7/11/3146491/the-10-biggest-trolls-in-sports-history

Boondock Saint
07-12-2012, 11:30 AM
At first, I thought, "Whoever wrote this article has no idea what it means to troll", but then they went and posted the definition of the term in the article. So it bothered me even more to see that he went on to show no understanding of the concept that he just finished posting the definition of.

Muhammad Ali was a great troll. Belichick kind of fits the bill, as he does and says things in a very snarky, "**** you" kind of way. The Cubs are not trolls, they just suck. Steve Spurrier was not a troll, he knew how to manipulate the system to give his team the best chance at a national championship. Tony La Russa wasn't a troll, either. He's just kind of a douche. Ochocinco and Brian Wilson aren't trolls, they just do what they like, and it kind of bothers some people. Same thing with Favre. He didn't want to retire. Doesn't mean that he premeditated retiring and unretiring to piss off fans. Totally different than doing things just for the purpose of pissing people off. The concept of NFL football in LA is obviously not trolling. So that's one clear troll in the whole list, and one who kind of is. Really crappy article.

central44
07-12-2012, 12:52 PM
I think the Cubs do take advantage of their fans. For the longest time they made no effort to be competitive--sure once in a while they caught a few breaks and were, but they had no incentive to win because they spent more time promoting the "Wrigley Experience" than the team.

I'm not sure if that's a troll or not, but i'm pretty sure it's not a fluke that they've been this bad for this long.

doublem23
07-12-2012, 05:16 PM
I think the Cubs do take advantage of their fans. For the longest time they made no effort to be competitive--sure once in a while they caught a few breaks and were, but they had no incentive to win because they spent more time promoting the "Wrigley Experience" than the team.

I'm not sure if that's a troll or not, but i'm pretty sure it's not a fluke that they've been this bad for this long.

The fact that they scalp their own tickets is all you need to know

RadioheadRocks
07-12-2012, 06:25 PM
They're an obnoxious fan base that continually talks smack despite not winning jack **** in 104 years. That's all you need to know.