PDA

View Full Version : Ray trade?

TheBigHurt
07-25-2002, 11:32 PM
this should be fun :D:

TornLabrum
07-25-2002, 11:56 PM
For the record, the phrase is, "I couldn't care less. If you could care less that means you do care, doesn't it? :angry:

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-25-2002, 11:56 PM
i kinda miss him, one of my favorites in my short span of being a fan (14 yearS) :(: :whiner:

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
For the record, the phrase is, "I couldn't care less. If you could care less that means you do care, doesn't it? :angry:

I'm glad you didn't get me the other day. :D:

I pulled a Joe Carter when I said:

Carlos Lee divided for the ball.

Ouch!

:)

idseer
07-26-2002, 12:02 AM

i always thought the 'i could care less' phrase was just shortened from "like, i could care less"! 'like' meaning ... as if!

of course, dropping the 'like' does kinda change it's meaning. :smile:

TornLabrum
07-26-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I'm glad you didn't get me the other day. :D:
I pulled a Joe Carter when I said:
Carlos Lee divided for the ball.
Ouch!
:)

Before anybody jumps on it, you'll notice that I failed to close my quotation marks!

(That being said, the misuse of that particular phrase drives me up the wall because it reverses what the speaker actually means.)

RedPinStripes
07-26-2002, 12:04 AM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: KW got ****ing shafted again! :angry: :angry:

idseer
07-26-2002, 12:07 AM

Before anybody jumps on it, you'll notice that I failed to close my quotation marks!

(That being said, the misuse of that particular phrase drives me up the wall because it reverses what the speaker actually means.)

actually, torn, i'm surprised you missed the word 'careless', which isn't the same as care less either.

TornLabrum
07-26-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: KW got ****ing shafted again! :angry: :angry:

Maybe that's why I'm in such a foul mood! :angry: :angry: :angry:

RedPinStripes
07-26-2002, 12:13 AM

Maybe that's why I'm in such a foul mood! :angry: :angry: :angry:

:KW
"I am an idiot and Jerry picked me because I'm his lap dog . I need to be castrated and I can't scout worth ****. Hell, look at how i played the game in my short time. If it werent for Uncle Jerry, I would have never made the biggs. Thank god for friends!"O and by the way. If you idiots don't show up, we'll never even try for a decent free agent because most of them are owned by scott Boras and he's not on Jerry's friends list."

**** all of you jack ****s in the front office. this organization blows!!!!! :angry:

NellieFox2
07-26-2002, 12:18 AM
That moron KW couldn't get anyone better for Ray than some guy with a 6.03 ERA at AAA? (Oh yeah, and "cash" for JR's wallet, too). What a bunch of CRAP!!! :angry:

diehardjoe
07-26-2002, 12:21 AM
Well at least he is rid of the three worthless wonders of Chicago

Manual (who could not coach a 5 year old Tee-ball team), Williams (bad player, worse in the booth with Hawk, and worst GM of all-time?) and Reinsdork (well what do you say for him, word can not begin to say)!

Good Luck, Ray "I miss you"

NellieFox2
07-26-2002, 12:29 AM
Wait, I just read Oakland got the "cash" part in the deal. It actually came FROM JR's wallet to pay part of Ray's salary for Oakland. So this deal sucks even MORE than I thought. THE HORROR! THE HORROR! :angry:

DrCrawdad
07-26-2002, 12:33 AM
Mark me I guess as one of the few that doesn't mind this trade.

If it's true that this season and beyond there will be no compensation for FA's then at least we got something.

Ray has been hitting well recently. Ray can turn a double play very well. He also seems like a good guy.

But...but I can't stand Ray's defense. Ray has what 14 errors this season? And Ray has made a bunch of other stupid plays at 2nd. Not to overlook the fact that he's a crappy baserunner too.

I wish Ray well. I'll miss his offense, but his defense was terrible. Ray's miscues made me turn Sox games off the TV.

Any word on Wee Willie's defense at 2nd base? Hopefully it's an upgrade over Ray's.

- DrCrawdad.

RedPinStripes
07-26-2002, 12:38 AM
I'm not unhappy that ray is gone. I'm pissed because KW is like trading baseball cards with a 4 year old. :angry:

kermittheefrog
07-26-2002, 12:44 AM
Can I vote for KW is an idiot a good 700 times?

nut_stock
07-26-2002, 12:56 AM
It's too early to tell on this move. I will miss Ray talking smack with the cubs, but IF the money saved is put towards GOOD starting pitching, then Im ok with it. Oh wait, we don't spend money on pitchers; the deal sucks!

TheBigHurt
07-26-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Can I vote for KW is an idiot a good 700 times?

yeah go ahead :D: