PDA

View Full Version : This is a joke, right?


Chisox353014
07-25-2002, 10:31 PM
Just returned from a nice night out on the town to find out about our latest trade. Lemme get this straight...we trade one of the few decent 2nd baseman in the AL for a guy with an ERA over 6.00 in AAA...and we pay the A's extra money to make sure the deal happens?
Am I in the Twilight Zone or something here? Was Lenny trying for some kind of "Worst Trade Ever" award? Or did Billy Beane slip a mickey in his drink while the deal was being made and forge his signature on the contract? Geez, this franchise is a total, unmitigated disaster. I'm embarassed to be a Sox fan right now, I really am. :whiner: :angry: :?:

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Lemme get this straight...we trade one of the few decent 2nd baseman in the AL for a guy with an ERA over 6.00 in AAA...and we pay the A's extra money to make sure the deal happens?

If it makes you feel any better, Beane said they rushed him into AAA due to a need.

Only $500,000. We can't afford the team we have so we have to pay other teams to take our players.

guillen4life13
07-25-2002, 11:27 PM
uh wait a sec.

i thought they gave us cash. if we are the ones giving them cash... well then I really need to open a bottle of peach schnapps and make myself seven fuzzy navels to drink in a row.

oh god what has the world come to?

PaleHoseGeorge
07-25-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
uh wait a sec.

i thought they gave us cash. if we are the ones giving them cash... well then I really need to open a bottle of peach schnapps and make myself seven fuzzy navels to drink in a row.

oh god what has the world come to?

Skip the alcohol, 4life. It will only prolong the agony. Just hop in your car and wrap it around a tree straight-away.

What has the world come to? It won't be your problem any longer.

:)

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-26-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


If it makes you feel any better, Beane said they rushed him into AAA due to a need.

Only $500,000. We can't afford the team we have so we have to pay other teams to take our players.

so basically we are paying Ray to play against us, correct?

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
so basically we are paying Ray to play against us, correct?

Not paying his whole salary but that sounds about right to me.