PDA

View Full Version : Official: Harris will take over at 2nd

Chisox_cali
07-25-2002, 10:25 PM
per whitesox.com

Well now what the hell are we gonna do with Hummel?!?! KW will probably trade him...

Daver
07-25-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
per whitesox.com

Well now what the hell are we gonna do with Hummel?!?! KW will probably trade him...

Harris has MLB service time,and is on the forty man roster,Hummel is not,end of story.

pczarapa
07-25-2002, 10:30 PM
Is that Raymont Harris?

Chisox_cali
07-25-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by daver

Harris has MLB service time,and is on the forty man roster,Hummel is not,end of story.

So does Crede, who's also on the 40-man, and he ain't getting called up.

I meant in the future where is Tim gonna play? or Jimenez?(Seems KW really likes him, even though no one else does, but what KW wants, KW gets more than likely)

nut_stock
07-25-2002, 10:35 PM
I'd rather move Jose to 2b and call up Crede. Nothing against Harris but Joe seems more worthy of mlb playing time.

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2002, 10:37 PM
So does Crede, who's also on the 40-man, and he ain't getting called up.

I meant in the future where is Tim gonna play? or Jimenez?(Seems KW really likes him, even though no one else does, but what KW wants, KW gets more than likely)

Joe might get the call if he can move Jose.

The plan to me looks like:

Hummel: 2nd
Jimenez: SS
Harris: CF

Not saying that's going to be good, just seems like that is what they have in mind.

Chisox_cali
07-25-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Joe might get the call if he can move Jose.

The plan to me looks like:

Hummel: 2nd
Jimenez: SS
Harris: CF

Not saying that's going to be good, just seems like that is what they have in mind.

That's what I thought too, but Harris aint gonna get any better playing CF when he's playing at second. Maybe he'll get a few games in Center while he's up if Kenny needs a day off, Graffy can play second.

Chisox_cali
07-25-2002, 10:44 PM
Hey does this mean that Harris will bust some flips at Comiskey, like he said he woul do back in ST? I'd like to see that. :D:

doctor30th
07-25-2002, 10:48 PM
Harris played 82 games at second in AAA and only 7 in the outfield, I don't think he's going to be our Centerfielder.

Hummel will spend another year in the minors at SS, especially with his drop in production when he moved to AAA.

I still see a competition between Jimenez and Hummel for SS next year in Spring training, if hummel does well he might get the nod thier over Jimenez. After all Hummel played 78 games at Short this year, he will most likely start playing there again, with Jimenz will be moved to 2nd.

And on top of that, you don't keep all your prospects.

kermittheefrog
07-25-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
I'd rather move Jose to 2b and call up Crede. Nothing against Harris but Joe seems more worthy of mlb playing time.

Jose hasn't played second in an extremely long time. Second is very different from third or short in that you have to turn the double play with your back to the runner. If you don't have experience and training this can be very dangerous. Slapping Jose out there at second would be a major injury risk.

rmusacch
07-25-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Jose hasn't played second in an extremely long time. Second is very different from third or short in that you have to turn the double play with your back to the runner. If you don't have experience and training this can be very dangerous. Slapping Jose out there at second would be a major injury risk.

Jose has only played 19 career games at second, the last one in 1994.

nut_stock
07-25-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

Jose has only played 19 career games at second, the last one in 1994.

Yeh but Jose isn't in our "future plans" anyway...

guillen4life13
07-26-2002, 12:56 AM
next year's REALISTICALLY hopeful lineup (excluding what we get in return for trades of those who are currently sox, but aren't on this lineup card):
P Name AVG HR RBI SB
2B Harris (.280, 5, 50, 45)
3B Crede (.295, 25, 85, 7)
DH Thomas (.310, 40, 120, 3)
RF Ordonez (.310, 35, 125, 20)
1B Konerko (.325, 45, 140, 1)
LF Lee (.295, 25, 95, 10)
CF Borchard (.270, 20, 70, 7)
SS Valentin (.260, 20, 70, 18)
C Paul (.245, 10, 40, 25)

honestly, to me that doesn't look to bad.. provided these guys live up to their expectations. I seriously doubt that D'Angelo Jiminez will be able to wedge out jose (and I think jose is signed thru 2003... so unless he's traded.... we'll have to see what happens). and olivo isn't ready yet (i don't think... and I think that Paul is gonna win out the starting job in ST).

and while i know that there has been a huge argument regarding "feelings..." i just feel that Willie Harris is gonna be able to handle the big leagues, and sprout up here. I think we might have the makings of another kenny lofton (I'm thinking that maybe willie harris, in his prime, will be like what lofton was in his prime).

we will just have to see what happens.

DrCrawdad
07-26-2002, 02:16 AM
How's Wee Willie's Defense At 2nd?

I haven't seen him play 2nd, so I wondered what he's D is like? Better or worse than Ray?

Soxheads
07-26-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
next year's REALISTICALLY hopeful lineup (excluding what we get in return for trades of those who are currently sox, but aren't on this lineup card):
P Name AVG HR RBI SB
2B Harris (.280, 5, 50, 45)
3B Crede (.295, 25, 85, 7)
DH Thomas (.310, 40, 120, 3)
RF Ordonez (.310, 35, 125, 20)
1B Konerko (.325, 45, 140, 1)
LF Lee (.295, 25, 95, 10)
CF Borchard (.270, 20, 70, 7)
SS Valentin (.260, 20, 70, 18)
C Paul (.245, 10, 40, 25)

honestly, to me that doesn't look to bad.. provided these guys live up to their expectations. I seriously doubt that D'Angelo Jiminez will be able to wedge out jose (and I think jose is signed thru 2003... so unless he's traded.... we'll have to see what happens). and olivo isn't ready yet (i don't think... and I think that Paul is gonna win out the starting job in ST).

and while i know that there has been a huge argument regarding "feelings..." i just feel that Willie Harris is gonna be able to handle the big leagues, and sprout up here. I think we might have the makings of another kenny lofton (I'm thinking that maybe willie harris, in his prime, will be like what lofton was in his prime).

we will just have to see what happens.

Josh Paul?
I think your prediction for his batting average is a little high, and the SB prediction is a pipe dream.

For the love of God, let Mark Johnson be the starting catcher next year.

Chisox_cali
07-26-2002, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads

Josh Paul?
I think your prediction for his batting average is a little high, and the SB prediction is a pipe dream.

For the love of God, let Mark Johnson be the starting catcher next year.

OLIVO, people, OLIVO.

Soxheads
07-26-2002, 02:27 AM

OLIVO, people, OLIVO.

Is he going to be ready by Opening Day '03?

Chisox_cali
07-26-2002, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads

Is he going to be ready by Opening Day '03?

Well right now he's hitting .292 4HR 34RBI with 23SB with the Barons