07-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Let's exact more revenge tomorrow

cards press box
07-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Nice game!

:winner

34rancher
07-03-2012, 10:09 PM
That was just flat out impressive. Hope we have some left for tomorrow and thurs.

Railsplitter
07-03-2012, 10:10 PM
The only mistake the Sox made was the snap that went over the punter's head for a safety.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
07-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Well, that sucked...

...that we weren't able to put 20 on these guys.

Nice job, boys. Same thing tomorrow!

Frater Perdurabo
The only mistake the Sox made was the snap that went over the punter's head for a safety.

It would have been nice if some of those four drives ending in Gould FGs could have been taken in for TDs.

"We left a lot of points on the field today," said Cutler.

voodoochile
Heh heh...

Roy Oswalt pitching for Texas
A Rios singled to left.
A Pierzynski struck out swinging.
D Viciedo doubled to deep right center, A Rios to third.
A Ramirez singled to shallow left, A Rios and D Viciedo scored.
G Beckham fouled out to first.
De Aza grounded into fielder's choice to second, A Ramirez safe at second on error by second baseman I Kinsler.
Y Tateyama relieved R Oswalt.
K Youkilis singled to left, A Ramirez scored, A De Aza to third, K Youkilis to second advancing on throw
A Dunn intentionally walked.
P Konerko singled to right, A De Aza scored, K Youkilis to third, A Dunn to second.
A Rios singled to shallow right, K Youkilis and A Dunn scored, P Konerko to second.
A Pierzynski homered to right, P Konerko and A Rios scored.
D Viciedo singled to left.
A Ramirez fouled out to catcher.016

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana: :supernana:

KenBerryGrab
07-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Nice game, Youk. If he and Dunn can work ABs, we can wear teams down like Texas usually does.

FielderJones

Feldman has a 6+ ERA. I hope hot bats stay hot against a bad pitcher, as I will be at this game.

JB98
Sale gets a ton of run support, and he's the guy who needs it the least.

Nice to give the Rangers an ass-kicking.

chisoxfanatic
07-03-2012, 10:15 PM
It would have been nice if some of those four drives ending in Gould FGs could have been taken in for TDs.

"We left a lot of points on the field today," said Cutler.
You did not see it like I did. I saw Cutler throw to Marshall and Bennett for TDs, with Lovie electing to go for 2 both times. Forte ran both conversions in. Robbie Gould tacked on the final points.

"Lovie just doesn't have the same confidence in me like he used to," said Gould on why he wasn't chosen to kick PATs instead. :redneck

cub killer
Biggest run total since St. Louis in 06?

chisoxfanatic
****ing awesome job, Sox! Pound them tomorrow and Thursday as well! Washington deserves to be punished to the infinity power.

ChiSoxGal85
07-03-2012, 10:18 PM

Oh, the irony.

I've had a hectic, mentally exhausting last few days and that game really lifted my spirits. Thanks, White Sox. :bandance:

chisoxfanatic
07-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Biggest run total since St. Louis in 06?
I think so, and I was AT that Sox/Cards game! The score was 20-6, IIRC. There were lots of Cards fans in attendance, and a lot of them actually stayed and took their lumps. We also won a 1-0 game in that series, which I also was at. I believe we swept the series.

TheOldRoman
07-03-2012, 10:21 PM
I would have preferred for them to pull Sale after the 5th, since the game was all but decided at that point. I can't believe they used him for 7.1 in such a laugher, but I guess they want him to stay in a rhythm of throwing 90-100 pitches each time out. That's all I've got. Great game tonight for the hitters. Hopefully they saved a little for tomorrow.

Tragg
07-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Great game, but I don't understand using him for that long. Maybe we're going to pull him Sunday so he can pitch in the ASG, which, of course, I hope we don't do. He has a lot of years ahead for that.

ElevenUp
07-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Tomorrow is my first game of the year. I hope they continue to add to Feldman's ERA!

Frater Perdurabo
07-03-2012, 10:24 PM
You did not see it like I did. I saw Cutler throw to Marshall and Bennett for TDs, with Lovie electing to go for 2 both times. Forte ran both conversions in. Robbie Gould tacked on the final points.

"Lovie just doesn't have the same confidence in me like he used to," said Gould on why he wasn't chosen to kick PATs instead. :redneck

Lovie going for two? With the lead? Twice?

Frater Perdurabo
07-03-2012, 10:25 PM

Hope Mannelly returns soon from the torn ACL.

chisoxfanatic
07-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Lovie going for two? With the lead? Twice?
http://www.espn.go.com/media/pg2/2005/0909/photo/lovie_smith_195.jpg

"I am changing the way I operate this football team. This football season you are going to see a brand new approach to my decision-making during football games."

Brian26
07-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Well, that sucked...

...that we weren't able to put 20 on these guys.

Nice job, boys. Same thing tomorrow!

The Sox could have put up 30 tonight if Robin didn't do the honorable thing and bring in "Group Four" after the sixth.

WhiteSox5187
07-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Pretty good offensive performance, it looked like Texas (especially their catcher) just quit out there.

Brian26
07-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Heh heh...

Roy Oswalt pitching for Texas
A Rios singled to left.
A Pierzynski struck out swinging.
D Viciedo doubled to deep right center, A Rios to third.
A Ramirez singled to shallow left, A Rios and D Viciedo scored.
G Beckham fouled out to first.
De Aza grounded into fielder's choice to second, A Ramirez safe at second on error by second baseman I Kinsler.
Y Tateyama relieved R Oswalt.
K Youkilis singled to left, A Ramirez scored, A De Aza to third, K Youkilis to second advancing on throw
A Dunn intentionally walked.
P Konerko singled to right, A De Aza scored, K Youkilis to third, A Dunn to second.
A Rios singled to shallow right, K Youkilis and A Dunn scored, P Konerko to second.
A Pierzynski homered to right, P Konerko and A Rios scored.
D Viciedo singled to left.
A Ramirez fouled out to catcher.016

He should have faked an injury like his old buddy Clemens did in Game 1 of the '05 World Series.

Adele_H
07-03-2012, 10:29 PM

Whew, way too close for comfort. A classic FLUKE Sox win if I ever saw one.

Thankfully my tough-love speech after dropping 2 in row to the Yankees, appears to have worked wonders. Sox juuuust pulled one out tonight.

So feel free to attribute this victory to my know-it-all posturing!!! :bandance:

(dang, i am going to miss you, 2012 White Sox, after tomorrow. this crazy old-school board, too. it's been real everybody! Like, really real. :(: Go sox! Oh and Go America Happy-B day! )

Brian26
07-03-2012, 10:30 PM
I think so, and I was AT that Sox/Cards game! The score was 20-6, IIRC. There were lots of Cards fans in attendance, and a lot of them actually stayed and took their lumps. We also won a 1-0 game in that series, which I also was at. I believe we swept the series.

The 1-0 game was against Anthony Reyes. The Sox only had one hit that night, a Jim Thome homer.

Frater Perdurabo
07-03-2012, 10:31 PM
"I am changing the way I operate this football team. This football season you are going to see a brand new approach to my decision-making during football games."

I guess Lovie finally had surgery to have the giant dung beetle removed from his bum. In addition to always going for two, we're going to air it out 65 times per game, throw for 500 yards, Hester's going deep on every snap, blitz 10 on every down, never punt outside of our own 35 and onside kick every time.

voodoochile
07-03-2012, 10:34 PM
I guess Lovie finally had surgery to have the giant dung beetle removed from his bum.

So that's what happened to Martz...

chisoxfanatic
07-03-2012, 10:39 PM
As an aside, is this season flying by for the rest of you? After tomorrow, the Sox will have played exactly half of their schedule! The fun of seeing this team have offensive explosions like this, and the top of the starting rotation flourishing like it has, has made this season go by a lot better.

chisoxfanatic
07-03-2012, 10:40 PM
I guess Lovie finally had surgery to have the giant dung beetle removed from his bum. In addition to always going for two, we're going to air it out 65 times per game, throw for 500 yards, Hester's going deep on every snap, blitz 10 on every down, never punt outside of our own 35 and onside kick every time.
Urlacher and Briggs are both going to shatter the record of Pick-6's in a season as well. Every single pass by the opposing QB is going to land in their hands.

WLL1855
07-03-2012, 10:40 PM

Nice to give the Rangers an ass-kicking.

All the same I'll gladly watch a laffer when I have the chance.

Now, if the bats could wake up for the rest of the staff I'd be happier than a pig in ****.

doublem23
07-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Great game, but I don't understand using him for that long. Maybe we're going to pull him Sunday so he can pitch in the ASG, which, of course, I hope we don't do. He has a lot of years ahead for that.

I'm pretty sure people said the same thing about Dontrelle Willis who just retired, broken down at 30

WLL1855
07-03-2012, 10:51 PM
It's a bit premature to compare Chris Sale to Dontrelle Willis.

Tragg
07-03-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm pretty sure people said the same thing about Dontrelle Willis who just retired, broken down at 30
He and dozens of other guys. And Nolan Ryan pitched til he was 62.
I still don't give a crap about the all star game. I care about the division. It will cost him a start.

TheOldRoman
07-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Great game, but I don't understand using him for that long. Maybe we're going to pull him Sunday so he can pitch in the ASG, which, of course, I hope we don't do. He has a lot of years ahead for that.Robin said earlier today that they are considering skipping his start Sunday to allow him to pitch in the All-Star Game. If he pitched in the ASG, he could theoretically still start on Friday (since his ASG performance would be akin to the normal side-session between starts), but I imagine they would push him back to until Sunday if he did pitch in the game.

I don't know how I feel about that. It would be nice for Chris to get into the game. However, skipping Sale on Sunday and going with Axelrod on short rest could cost them, as Sale is as close as it gets to an automatic win right now. Every game counts.

slavko
07-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Oswalt deserved this for drilling Crede in the WS.

Noneck
07-03-2012, 11:06 PM
I don't know how I feel about that. It would be nice for Chris to get into the game. However, skipping Sale on Sunday and going with Axelrod on short rest could cost them, as Sale is as close as it gets to an automatic win right now. Every game counts.

I agree. Let Sale go on Sunday , then give him the rest till the following Sunday or even later if Danks or Humber returns. The Sox can't afford to give up a game at this stage. It would have been nice if Sale only went 6 innings today and then Sunday.

chisoxfanatic
07-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Robin said earlier today that they are considering skipping his start Sunday to allow him to pitch in the All-Star Game. If he pitched in the ASG, he could theoretically still start on Friday (since his ASG performance would be akin to the normal side-session between starts), but I imagine they would push him back to until Sunday if he did pitch in the game.

I'd rather win the last game before the break. Go into the break with something good in your mouth, especially considering the problems the Jays have given us the past few years.

tstrike2000
07-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Wasn't exactly expecting this.

Tragg
07-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Robin said earlier today that they are considering skipping his start Sunday to allow him to pitch in the All-Star Game. If he pitched in the ASG, he could theoretically still start on Friday (since his ASG performance would be akin to the normal side-session between starts), but I imagine they would push him back to until Sunday if he did pitch in the game.

In that scenario it would cost him more than 1 start. Normally, he could pitch Sunday then Friday. Now he'll skip Sunday, and pitch Saturday or Sunday.
Really, they probably need more pitchers in that ASG and limit them to 1 inning or 15 pitches...something like that.

TheOldRoman
07-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Someone made a :tigerslose picture matching the Twins and Indians ones, but I guess it wasn't made a tag. Anyway, Tigers lose. Detroit is now 4.5 back of the Sox.

SoxFan49
07-03-2012, 11:24 PM

I hope you aren't expecting too much of that, Marshall drops anything thrown to him in the endzone.

TheOldRoman
07-03-2012, 11:26 PM
In that scenario it would cost him more than 1 start. Normally, he could pitch Sunday then Friday. Now he'll skip Sunday, and pitch Saturday or Sunday.
Really, they probably need more pitchers in that ASG and limit them to 1 inning or 15 pitches...something like that.He could pitch Sunday and then Friday, but I think the Sox are going to give him extra rest every time they get an off day the rest of the year. They will have the guy(s) behind him go on normal rest and get Sale an extra day or two. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Sox didn't pitch him until the Red Sox series.

thomas35forever
07-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Bringing out the heavy artillery and holding the best team in baseball to a safety? Not sure, but I think this was one of our better games.

thomas35forever
07-04-2012, 12:10 AM
The 1-0 game was against Anthony Reyes. The Sox only had one hit that night, a Jim Thome homer.
I was at that game. The best one I've ever been to. Elapsed just over two hours, so I got home earlier than I usually do after a game.

Crooked Number
07-04-2012, 12:24 AM
I was at that game. The best one I've ever been to. Elapsed just over two hours, so I got home earlier than I usually do after a game.

I too attended this game. Without looking it up I think Reyes went at least 6 innings perfect, and I started to get concerned. Then Jimbo hit the blast to win it. He had a knack for winning big games 1 to zero ;)

Tonights game was simply awesome. Great to see AJ clobber that ball and stick it to the "snubber" in the other dugout. Let's get this guy Feldman...from across the hall (a cookie if you get the reference), tomorrow.

ZombieRob
07-04-2012, 01:08 AM
I don't see Youk being done by any means. Looks very solid at the plate and moves fluid at 3rd. Also seems like he's enjoying playing here. I'm very impressed from what I have seen of Youk.

Zisk77
07-04-2012, 01:36 AM
I too attended this game. Without looking it up I think Reyes went at least 6 innings perfect, and I started to get concerned. Then Jimbo hit the blast to win it. He had a knack for winning big games 1 to zero ;)

Tonights game was simply awesome. Great to see AJ clobber that ball and stick it to the "snubber" in the other dugout. Let's get this guy Feldman...from across the hall (a cookie if you get the reference), tomorrow.

Feldman was bizarro Kramer.

With Crain to DL who is being called up?

IronFisk
07-04-2012, 02:33 AM
Probably the best Sox game I've ever attended...and I've been to a few. Rivals the 1983 game I was at against Seattle a couple of days before they clinched. Sox scored 11 runs...and since it started late due to rain, and already official...the umps called a slaughter rule :)

LITTLE NELL
07-04-2012, 05:22 AM
Poor Jake was sitting in the dugout and wondering what he has to do to get run support like that. Don't stop now boys!

Bucky F. Dent
07-04-2012, 07:00 AM
It's the pierogies! :)

Chez
07-04-2012, 07:10 AM
With Crain to DL who is being called up?

If the plan is to skip Sale on Sunday, they might bring up a starter (Leesman?) to take Crain's spot. Who are the other candidates?

October26
07-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Oh, the irony.

I've had a hectic, mentally exhausting last few days and that game really lifted my spirits. Thanks, White Sox. :bandance:

I'm right there with you, CSG85! (I've been having some mentally exhausting days myself, of late). It was great to see the Sox come out scoring last night; I love it when the Sox score early and often. :bliss: Keep on winning, White Sox!

SCCWS
07-04-2012, 08:43 AM
I don't see Youk being done by any means. Looks very solid at the plate and moves fluid at 3rd. Also seems like he's enjoying playing here. I'm very impressed from what I have seen of Youk.

He wasn't done in Boston. He had an injury and their top prospect who was called up exploded offensively. He couldn't move to 1st or DH because of Ortiz and Gonzalez.
The Saturday before he was traded the next day, one of the Boston media interviewed him. He hadn't played in a few days. The writer asked him if he had recovered from the injury. He said he had but he would know better when he got to play. He said he was spending extra time in the batting cage during warmups. The writer asked how that was going and he said "Great, I was hitting missles all day today." But he said he was hoping for game action.
The home-run was a great sign because that was his first in a while.

doublem23
07-04-2012, 08:47 AM

I get what you're saying but I think Robin and the Sox have mostly earned the benefit of the doubt how to handle pitchers. Plus, in the interest of keeping Sale's arm fresh, it might benefit the Sox in the long run to have him skip a start.

Plus, the All-Star Game has some meaning, as I'm sure Chris and Jake will want to start Games 1 and 2 of the World Series at home. :cool:

SCCWS
07-04-2012, 11:18 AM
I get what you're saying but I think Robin and the Sox have mostly earned the benefit of the doubt how to handle pitchers. Plus, in the interest of keeping Sale's arm fresh, it might benefit the Sox in the long run to have him skip a start.

Plus, the All-Star Game has some meaning, as I'm sure Chris and Jake will want to start Games 1 and 2 of the World Series at home. :cool:

WOW!!!! You are getting way ahead of yourself. We need Chris to pitch in Yankee Stadium for the clincher of the ALCS. That may push him back to game 3 or 4 of the World Series.

Frater Perdurabo
07-04-2012, 12:13 PM
WOW!!!! You are getting way ahead of yourself. We need Chris to pitch in Yankee Stadium for the clincher of the ALCS. That may push him back to game 3 or 4 of the World Series.

We're closing out the ALCS with four complete games. The NLCS will go long, so Peavy and Sale will start Games 1 and 2 on full rest.

:)

All kidding aside, this may be the most fundamentally sound Sox team since the 2005 club. Add to that the fact they have overcome injuries to claim and remain in first place, are doing so with contributions from many rookies as well as rebound seasons from players who have a history of success, and seem to have "chemistry," seems to indicate they may have staying power in this race.

Assuming Danks and Humber can come back healthy, their returns will be like adding two starting pitchers without giving up any players in trade.