PDA

View Full Version : buy low, sell high

DonkeyKongerko
07-25-2002, 10:13 PM
if baseball teams were stocks and being a fan was ownership, i have owned white sox stock for 4 years now. i bought them at an all time low having just white flagged their sinking ship.

the high that followed 2 years later was incredible. i still get goosebumps thinking about post season baseball at comiskey park. sometimes i even dream about it although with slightly tastier results.

now the times are low again. perhaps even lower than before, but can they get much worse. this team over the past decade at least has proven to me they dont stay low for long. basement dwelling is not in this teams mindset. when they start settling in, management usually gets reshuffled until the spark is found. unfortunately we were unable to rekindle the spirit of that 2000 club since schueler's untimely decision to step down. i am positive this team will still continue its winning ways of the 1990's. werent we like the 3rd or 4th winningest team of that decade?? this team knows how to fight its way back from adversity in a short amount of time. last year's 83-79 finish was a good example of fighting back. it might take a little longer but the white sox will be back quite soon.

TornLabrum
07-25-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by DonkeyKongerko
if baseball teams were stocks and being a fan was ownership, i have owned white sox stock for 4 years now. i bought them at an all time low having just white flagged their sinking ship.

the high that followed 2 years later was incredible. i still get goosebumps thinking about post season baseball at comiskey park. sometimes i even dream about it although with slightly tastier results.

now the times are low again. perhaps even lower than before, but can they get much worse. this team over the past decade at least has proven to me they dont stay low for long. basement dwelling is not in this teams mindset. when they start settling in, management usually gets reshuffled until the spark is found. unfortunately we were unable to rekindle the spirit of that 2000 club since schueler's untimely decision to step down. i am positive this team will still continue its winning ways of the 1990's. werent we like the 3rd or 4th winningest team of that decade?? this team knows how to fight its way back from adversity in a short amount of time. last year's 83-79 finish was a good example of fighting back. it might take a little longer but the white sox will be back quite soon.

I want some of whay you're smoking, Donkey!

:wills

"So, Hal, can I expect another Mariotti-like piece over this trade?"

DonkeyKongerko
07-26-2002, 01:00 AM
im high on life?? is that acceptable?? :gulp:

guillen4life13
07-26-2002, 01:06 AM
while almost everything he said was true... the man is just trying to make himself feel better.

that's what i'm trying to do also (tell myself everything kongerko has told us)... but then i think about the truth, and i just start crying my head off.

while we were one of the winningest teams in the '90's... we still haven't had a world series since 1917... and that's what counts above everything else.

Tragg
07-26-2002, 01:16 AM
The Kenny Williams philosophy is buy high, sell low.
Can't afford Ray Durham, but we damn sure can afford to pay a .220 hitter 4.5 million a year. Trade a .380 OBP hitter and 2 top pitching prospects for 2 6+ ERA pitchers.

When he shoots a 110 in a round of golf, he envisions the PGA tour - "hell Tiger woods only shoots a 67".