PDA

View Full Version : AJ & Ron

awesomefan
07-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Apparently Ron Washington didn't know better than to rattle AJ's cage. I predicted that 3 run homer of AJ's awhile ago. Washington got the whole White Sox team steamed it looks like.:angry: 16 to 0 in the 7th.....I'm havin' fun now.:bandance: You know I'm mad at the guy.:angry: GO SOX!!!! I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!!

Gotta go vote for Jake. I Love All Star Games!!!!:cool:

HomeFish
07-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Something's gotta replace the Ozzie Guillen/Buck Showalter rivalry, which I actually really enjoyed, especially when Ed Farmer got into it.

gosox41
07-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Apparently Ron Washington didn't know better than to rattle AJ's cage. I predicted that 3 run homer of AJ's awhile ago. Washington got the whole White Sox team steamed it looks like.:angry: 16 to 0 in the 7th.....I'm havin' fun now.:bandance: You know I'm mad at the guy.:angry: GO SOX!!!! I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!!

Gotta go vote for Jake. I Love All Star Games!!!!:cool:

Let's see if this carries over into the next two games. It's one thing to score a lot of runs (and fun) off an old pitcher whose best days are behind him but if the Sox really want to send a message, then sweep them. Don't lose the next two games 2-1 and 4-3. I'd rather win the war then one battle.

Bob

harwar
07-04-2012, 10:08 AM
a "jeffers morning" greeting, to ron washington, for leaving A.J. off the team ..

Saracen
07-04-2012, 12:19 PM
I'd like to see AJ in the game as much as the next guy, but who else from that god-awful Twins team but Mauer could Wash take? Misguided angst, yay.

MISoxfan
07-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Josh Willingham? Picking Mauer over Willingham was just a big of a snub to Josh as it was to AJ.

Soxman219
07-04-2012, 12:34 PM
I don't get all the angst against Washington, AJ didn't get picked, big deal. Had to get somebody from the Twins. I much rather have AJ resting anyway.

Huisj
07-04-2012, 01:30 PM
I don't get all the angst against Washington, AJ didn't get picked, big deal. Had to get somebody from the Twins. I much rather have AJ resting anyway.

Could have picked Mauer, but then picked Pierzynski instead of Wieters. Wieters is hitting a whopping .221/.307/.348 since May 5.

CHISOXFAN13
07-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Could have picked Mauer, but then picked Pierzynski instead of Wieters. Wieters is hitting a whopping .221/.307/.348 since May 5.

Washington didn't pick Wieters. He was selected by the players.

Red Barchetta
07-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Washington didn't pick Wieters. He was selected by the players.

Which tells us a lot about how AJ gets under the skin of opposing teams. :D:

Saracen
07-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Josh Willingham? Picking Mauer over Willingham was just a big of a snub to Josh as it was to AJ.
Over who? Jones was voted in by players. AJ over Trout? AJ over Trumbo?

The fan-voted catcher sucks. The player-voted catcher sucks. Wash needed a Twin, and needed a catcher who doesn't suck. Two birds, one stone.

What's the issue here?

BainesHOF
07-05-2012, 09:04 AM
I talked to Washington for a couple minutes about the snub before Wednesday's game while I stood by my nephew, who was collecting autographs by the Rangers dugout.

Washington was a bit aggitated when I brought it up, but seemed eager to engage me, apparently more than he did with the media on the topic Wednesday. I started by asking if he can pick AJ should another opening becomes available. He said there were a lot of deserving players. I told him Napoli wasn't deserving. Of course, Washington told me it wasn't his fault that he was voted in. I reiterated my request to add AJ if he gets the chance. He told me it depends on what they could use. I replied, "How about the best hitting catcher in baseball?" He said his hands were tied by needing a representative from each team, saying he had to pick Mauer. I told him AJ deserved to be on the team. Washington looked me in the eye and told me when the media first asked him about the snub that his comments about AJ were sincere. I told him I believed that to be true, but that AJ should be an all-star. Washington finally said, "When I filled out my ballot, I voted for AJ."

Anyone, it was great to see AJ knock the ball away from Napoli during the game. In a weird way, Washington may have done us a favor. AJ is clearly playing with a heightened edge since being snubbed.

Frater Perdurabo
07-05-2012, 10:09 AM
I talked to Washington for a couple minutes about the snub before Wednesday's game while I stood by my nephew, who was collecting autographs by the Rangers dugout.

Washington was a bit aggitated when I brought it up, but seemed eager to engage me, apparently more than he did with the media on the topic Wednesday. I started by asking if he can pick AJ should another opening becomes available. He said there were a lot of deserving players. I told him Napoli wasn't deserving. Of course, Washington told me it wasn't his fault that he was voted in. I reiterated my request to add AJ if he gets the chance. He told me it depends on what they could use. I replied, "How about the best hitting catcher in baseball?" He said his hands were tied by needing a representative from each team, saying he had to pick Mauer. I told him AJ deserved to be on the team. Washington looked me in the eye and told me when the media first asked him about the snub that his comments about AJ were sincere. I told him I believed that to be true, but that AJ should be an all-star. Washington finally said, "When I filled out my ballot, I voted for AJ."

Anyone, it was great to see AJ knock the ball away from Napoli during the game. In a weird way, Washington may have done us a favor. AJ is clearly playing with a heightened edge since being snubbed.

Nice story! I especially like how you never let go of your main argument despite his reasons.

Tragg
07-05-2012, 10:19 AM
It wasn't that egregious. Peavy should have made it, AJ probably should have, Dunn really shouldn't have. there are always deserving players left off.

soxfan1965
07-09-2012, 09:35 PM
It wasn't that egregious. Peavy should have made it, AJ probably should have, Dunn really shouldn't have. there are always deserving players left off.

More AJ and Ron http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/8128016/texas-rangers-ron-washington-stands-comment-aj-pierzynski?ex_cid=2012_local_ob_chi_ban_lnk - Probably Ron should have made AJ the DH instead of Dunn.