PDA

View Full Version : Now we dont even get the free agent compensation!

SoxxoS
07-25-2002, 09:53 PM
Ray Durham is an "A" type free agent, so we would have gotten a 1st round draft pick. Unbelieveable. Thats all I can say. I cant wait to hear KW explain this trade.

BTW, Billy Beane is obviously the best GM in the world. He gets Ted Lilly for an decent 1B prospect, and gets an all-star second baseman for Todd Ritchie II. Wow.

SoxxoS
07-25-2002, 09:56 PM
My bad guys, I didnt know they were going to eliminate the "compensation" rule for F.A. at the end of this year. That prospect is still rediculous though. There is NO WAY that Kenny "cameo" Williams will EVER pick Billy Beane's, or any other competent GM in the league's, pocket.

Daver
07-25-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
My bad guys, I didnt know they were going to eliminate the "compensation" rule for F.A. at the end of this year. That prospect is still rediculous though. There is NO WAY that Kenny "cameo" Williams will EVER pick Billy Beane's, or any other competent GM in the league's, pocket.

He wasn't trying to,he was dumping salary.

rmusacch
07-25-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by daver

If he was dumping salary, why did he give the A's cash to compensate for Ray's salary. It is like Kenny is the kid getting the **** beat out of him at recess and the bully says, even if you give me your lunch money, I will continue to kick the crap out of you.

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
If he was dumping salary, why did he give the A's cash to compensate for Ray's salary.

That's up in the air.

One source says the A's get the cash, ESPN says the Sox do.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-25-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

That's up in the air.

One source says the A's get the cash, ESPN says the Sox do.

In other words, "Berry/Barry: The Sequel".

At least that is what I'm hoping for. If so, not even Reinsdorf could save KW's incompetent ***. He would be forced to resign, a national laughingstock.

Tragg
07-25-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by daver

How about trying to actually improve the team? does that ever get into the equation of schueler and his progeny?

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
If so, not even Reinsdorf could save KW's incompetent ***.

Reinsdorf has done a lot of stupid things in his day.

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-25-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

How about trying to actually improve the team? does that ever get into the equation of schueler and his progeny?

Kw should have gotten a major leaguer for RayRay, not one pitcher in the minors. who knows maybe Adkins will be like Josh Fogg, but with kw running things, that is about as likely as Americans electing osama into office.

doctor30th
07-25-2002, 10:38 PM
Cash Considerations doesn't mean you pay all of the salary. And usually If it is over a million dollars, MLB has to look at it and approve it first, which I haven' heard anything about.

example: You pay them like 1.3 million so that they only have to pay Ray 5 million, so you still dump salary, you then only have to pay 1.3 milion instead of 6.3 millions.

FarWestChicago
07-25-2002, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

That's up in the air.

One source says the A's get the cash, ESPN says the Sox do. Out here the news said the A's paid cash.

duke of dorwood
07-25-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Ray Durham is an "A" type free agent, so we would have gotten a 1st round draft pick. Unbelieveable. Thats all I can say. I cant wait to hear KW explain this trade.

BTW, Billy Beane is obviously the best GM in the world. He gets Ted Lilly for an decent 1B prospect, and gets an all-star second baseman for Todd Ritchie II. Wow.

Additional Billy Beane quote-dealing with Williams is what sex with Britney must feel like

PaleHoseGeorge
07-25-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Out here the news said the A's paid cash.

WGN-TV avoided it all together. They said "Durham for Adkins" with no mention of cash whatsover.

Professor Chaos at work?

:KW
"B-a-r-r-y or B-e-r-r-y?"