PDA

View Full Version : Damn You ESPN

Bucky F. Dent
07-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Why does the four letter have to ruin a perfectly fine Monday night game by having Boomer do the PBP!?!

SephClone89
07-02-2012, 09:27 PM
We're stuck with him, leather.

guillensdisciple
07-02-2012, 09:55 PM
If you're talking about berman, his east coast bias is spewing from his teeth.

SI1020
07-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Oh no!

TomBradley72
07-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Was watching it while working out- he referred to Konerko's grand slam in "game 3 of the 2005 World Series" and also that "you just had to feel good inside when the Cubs are winning".

PatK
07-03-2012, 11:22 AM
we're stuck with him, leather.

nice!

dickallen15
07-03-2012, 11:38 AM
One thing I have noticed this year is MLB Network showing Yankee and Red Sox games with even more frequency than ESPN. That wasn't the case in the past.

Bobby Thigpen
07-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Why does the four letter have to ruin a perfectly fine Monday night game by having Boomer do the PBP!?!
He's gotta work himself into shape to call the Home Run Derby.

:chunks

MarySwiss
07-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Was watching it while working out- he referred to Konerko's grand slam in "game 3 of the 2005 World Series" and also that "you just had to feel good inside when the Cubs are winning".
Please! I'm eating! :o:

Mendoza Line
07-03-2012, 12:33 PM
My favorite Berman Quotes:

"Oooooh he got him to goooo!!"

"Graffinino... Oh no!!! Through his legs, everybody's safe!"

Berman: "The tough veteran is going to pitch out of it."
Iguchi's bat: CRACK!
Berman: "Oh no!!!"

everafan
07-03-2012, 03:28 PM
My personal favorite is as Konerko squeezes the ball for the 3rd out in the bottom of the 9th in the ALDS, "And the Red Sox dream of repeating is over".

Nellie_Fox
07-04-2012, 01:21 AM
One thing I have noticed this year is MLB Network showing Yankee and Red Sox games with even more frequency than ESPN. That wasn't the case in the past.I thought that was becoming the case last year. If you're an "out-of-market" Yankees fan, there's damn sure no reason to subscribe to MLB.tv. Pretty much every game is on ESPN, MLB Network, TBS, or somewhere.

Irishsox1
07-05-2012, 12:34 AM
ESPN should give him a mic but don't bother to plug it in.

VenturaFan23
07-05-2012, 08:27 AM
One thing I have noticed this year is MLB Network showing Yankee and Red Sox games with even more frequency than ESPN. That wasn't the case in the past.

I thought that was becoming the case last year. If you're an "out-of-market" Yankees fan, there's damn sure no reason to subscribe to MLB.tv. Pretty much every game is on ESPN, MLB Network, TBS, or somewhere.

I've noticed this too. I don't have Extra Innings for the first time in years this season so I've been more dependent on MLB Network more than ever and it seems the Yankees are on all the time.

asindc
07-05-2012, 09:33 AM
I thought that was becoming the case last year. If you're an "out-of-market" Yankees fan, there's damn sure no reason to subscribe to MLB.tv. Pretty much every game is on ESPN, MLB Network, TBS, or somewhere.

It seems to me that if I'm an Accounts Mgr. at mlb.tv, I am none too pleased about that. Ex-pat NYers is obviously a way too lucrative market to pass up.

mahagga73
07-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Please! I'm eating! :o:
I was feeling sick inside (it looked like they might have a shot to break billy goat curse) until they choked in the playoffs and I was ecstatic ,delirious,overjoyed.

Foulke You
07-05-2012, 07:10 PM
You are correct. If you factor in all of the national outlets, there has to be at least 60 of their games on free TV. Maybe more.

SephClone89
07-05-2012, 07:49 PM
You are correct. If you factor in all of the national outlets, there has to be at least 60 of their games on free TV. Maybe more.

I must be doing something wrong...:tongue:

Foulke You
07-06-2012, 01:21 PM
I must be doing something wrong...:tongue:
Well, I don't mean "free" exactly. I should rephrase that to not needing any extra MLB packages.:cool:

thehawkeroo
07-12-2012, 10:20 AM

It almost makes subscribing to YES Network a waste of money. The sox have around 10 nationally televised games each year, which means you need to have CSN.

SephClone89
07-12-2012, 06:53 PM
It almost makes subscribing to YES Network a waste of money. The sox have around 10 nationally televised games each year, which means you need to have CSN.

To be fair, a lot of the national networks have local blackouts, so people in the Yankees' market wouldn't always be able to get the MLBN, non-Sunday ESPN, or TBS games.

RadioheadRocks
07-12-2012, 07:23 PM

Always thought Berman was an asshat... this seals the deal.