PDA

View Full Version : Can it get worse?

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2002, 08:10 PM
Thomas has started to hit the ball again, and perhaps in the process increased his value.

Lord knows the chairman would love to get his salary off the books. I'm in the trade Frank if you can get something for him camp, but not for a AAA pitcher with an era of 6!

I'm scared.

Daver
07-25-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Thomas has started to hit the ball again, and perhaps in the process increased his value.

Lord knows the chairman would love to get his salary off the books. I'm in the trade Frank if you can get something for him camp, but not for a AAA pitcher with an era of 6!

I'm scared.

Frank's contract makes him untradeable.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-25-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I'm scared.

Tonight ought to be a real education for any Sox Fan younger than 21. Another salary dump--just the latest in a string by Reinsdorf. The Sox are going to rebuild themselves into a contender, by trading away anybody the Chairman says we can't afford?

Five years after we spiked the 1997 season, the sacrifice we Sox Fans were asked to accept has officially paid its last dividend. The Sox are rebuilding again, and we got one division crown and zero playoff wins for the heartache.

Think about it. 1997 and 2002. We've got nothing to show for it, unless you count getting humiliated in the ALDS progress. There is only one way off this treadmill of excuse-making and mediocrity.

Ship this guy back to Brooklyn...

doctor30th
07-25-2002, 08:22 PM
for anyone who wants to know about adkins here you go:

http://www.rivercats.com/doc.asp?ID=1043

DonkeyKongerko
07-25-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Tonight ought to be a real education for any Sox Fan younger than 21.

white flag I was just before my time. i know it was bad and made people hate JR but thats about it. now the 2nd time around i am older and hopefully wiser. if what PHG says here is true, what do i have to look forward to in life (as far as MLB and the chicago white sox go). especially since i know Chairman Jerry has a son.

Keystone Combo
07-25-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Ship this guy back to Brooklyn...

Please oh Please do sell and Please take this joke of a management team with you Jerry..... they will love you in New York.

duke of dorwood
07-25-2002, 08:46 PM
I've been thru the dismantling of the Southside Hit Men (with Veeck). The failure to build on the 1983 success. Rebuilding again for more disappointment in 1994. The White Flag dismantling, and now to be enduring this again. Except for 1977, there is one common denominator:

:reinsy