PDA

View Full Version : Fan hit by stray, falling bullet at Tropicana Dome

doublem23
06-27-2012, 11:02 AM
http://deadspin.com/5921685/stray-bullet-falls-through-tropicana-field-roof-hits-fan

:o:

bigsoxfan420
06-27-2012, 12:01 PM
I wonder if the waiver on the back of the ticket covers being hit by a falling bullets?

DumpJerry
06-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Now we know why the Sox wanted to move there. It was just like back home.

I wonder if the waiver on the back of the ticket covers being hit by a falling bullets?
Those waivers are unenforceable in court.

Red Barchetta
06-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Great, so now the average attendance will drop even lower.

I always wonder where all those bullets people fire in the air land. Now I know.

cub killer
06-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Those waivers are unenforceable in court.

So if a fan gets hit by a batted ball, the team is still responsible despite the waiver?

soxinem1
06-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Hit by a falling bullet in a domed stadium.............. :scratch:

TDog
06-27-2012, 11:20 PM
... Those waivers are unenforceable in court.

I understand that in general terms. And, of course, I'm not the lawyer. But for an assignment in a legal research course I took a few years ago, I researched the case law concerning people injured by batted balls in and around professional baseball fields. When people are injured by foul balls, teams and leagues tend to be sued, but the case law is clearly against them. The only case I could find where a team or league was found liable involved a California League game where a dinosaur mascot had his tail in a man's face preventing him from being able to react to a ball hit into the stands. That didn't get beyond the state district court, so the last I looked, it only applied in one California district.

The case law, though, had nothing to do with waivers.

eriqjaffe
06-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Hit by a falling bullet in a domed stadium.............. :scratch:Not that surprising, I would imagine a falling bullet could gain a fair amount of velocity. Ultimately, the fact that it had to go through the roof probably saved the guy's life, or at least turned a bullet wound into a bruise.