PDA

View Full Version : The Kings take

KingXerxes
07-25-2002, 04:42 PM
:hawk

"Yessir Ed.........Mercy..........It sure is good to have you in the booth Ol' Buddy. Why just sitting here reminds me of the time - and folks that's a lot of memories because I've been around this game for 50 years on the professional level - the time when you were pitching for the old Washington Senators in old Griffith Stadium, when you hit old Joe Cronin right in the back after he had gone three for three off of you, and the next time up he laid a bunt right down the first base line and climbed your back with his spikes and then all heck broke loose."

:farmer

"Hawk - it's great to be here with you and all the good folks - that's good folks not good Foulkes although we used to have one of those as well - on the television side. Well it's not really the television side, because we don't choose sides between radio and television here - never have never should, what I'm mean is that now I'm on the television, not on the television in your living room - you probably have a plant or a magazine ON your television - but I'm being broadcast into your living room - or kitchen or bedroom - via the television."

"Yessir Ol' Joe Cronin........mercy. Well anyway Eddie, I have a lot of people who have been involved with this game - all of whom respect my opinion not only as a baseball man, but as some sort of sage in all matters of life, and they ask me 'Hawk - Are the White Sox still in it

:wills

"Damn Hawk - I think we're still in it!"

"If you ever interrupt me again son, I'm gonna tell Mister Reinsdorf, well anyway all these knowledgable who greatly respect all my opinions want to know if I think we're still in it, and I'll wait to hear what you say Eddie before I tell you what I tell them."

:farmer

"Well it's this way, I'm not broadcast via the television per se, they can only receive the signal which is being broadcast from our studios, but the studios themselves do not send out the signal, that's done with some very complicated equipment, and not the kind of equipment that our equipment manager handles - that's a different type of equipment altogether."

"Yessir Griffith Stadium........mercy."

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2002, 04:49 PM
Your the best King.

What would DJ sound like with Rooney?

KingXerxes
07-25-2002, 07:37 PM
:rooney

"Well before we start the game Sox fans, I'ld like to welcome Darrin Jackson as part of the radio team."

:DJ

"Thank you very much Roones, I'm happy to be here."

"Not as happy as I am to have you here."

"Getting sick of Farmer huh?"

"God he was impossible to work with. His mind moved around like a pea in a hot skillet."

"Yeah I was fed up with that hillrod on my side. Jesus Christ the guy used to tell stories that were so made up - and then he'd get all over me if I dared try to provide some insight. I LUV IT WHEN YOU ANALYZE - Hell if I heard that once more......."

:wills

"Hey guys, how's it going?"

"What's the matter Wills - get kicked out of the television booth again?"

"Well you can't sit here dude - there's no room."

"Well there's the first pitch to Kenny Lofton, and it's a ball outside. We're under way at exactly 7:05......."

AND WE WOULD HAVE A PRETTY GOOD BROADCAST THE REST OF THE WAY, AND I COULD FINALLY SHUT OFF THE TELEVISION VOLUME AND LISTEN TO THE CALL ON THE RADIO.

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2002, 07:40 PM
Thanks for providing something good King.

Lord knows the Sox can't!