PDA

View Full Version : Umpires are morons, Exhibit... **** it, I've Lost count

doublem23
06-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Mike DiMuro, YOU GOTTA BE BLEEPIN ME

http://deadspin.com/5921597/the-greatest-trick-dewayne-wise-ever-pulled-was-convincing-the-world-he-caught-this-ball

Seriously where are the robot umpires.

chisoxjtrain
06-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Wow: http://deadspin.com/5921597/the-greatest-trick-dewayne-wise-ever-pulled-was-convincing-the-world-he-caught-this-ball

SoxSpeed22
06-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Those Yankee fans sure know how to help their team out.

DumpJerry
06-26-2012, 11:21 PM
:hawk
They won't let me comment, but I think you know how I feel.:wink:

DSpivack
06-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Gotta love the color guy who said he knew it all along, but only said that after the third replay which showed he dropped the ball. :rolleyes:

MUsoxfan
06-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Those Yankee fans sure know how to help their team out.

I was really impressed with those fans til the last second clip of the dude waving the ball around in the air

GlassSox
06-26-2012, 11:55 PM
That's great, way to sell it DeWayne. :cool:

The ump is definitely an idiot

guillensdisciple
06-27-2012, 12:32 AM
Wow.... How do you miss that?

TDog
06-27-2012, 01:53 AM
If that were in the postseason, there would have been umpires down the line in the outfield, and the call would have been made correctly. Tonight, the umpire didn't see the play and trusted Wise, which he shouldn't have done.

An umpire can't rule that he doesn't know because he didn't see it. What the umpire should have done, having not seen the play, was rule that the catch Wise claimed to have made was made outside the field of play. Strictly speaking, that wouldn't have been the right call either because if Wise had caught it, he would have caught it before falling out of play. It would have had the effect of a do-over on a foul ball.

Still, any call that goes against the Indians can't be all bad.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
06-27-2012, 06:32 AM
If that were in the postseason, there would have been umpires down the line in the outfield, and the call would have been made correctly. Tonight, the umpire didn't see the play and trusted Wise, which he shouldn't have done.

An umpire can't rule that he doesn't know because he didn't see it. What the umpire should have done, having not seen the play, was rule that the catch Wise claimed to have made was made outside the field of play. Strictly speaking, that wouldn't have been the right call either because if Wise had caught it, he would have caught it before falling out of play. It would have had the effect of a do-over on a foul ball.

Still, any call that goes against the Indians can't be all bad.

He should have held off on making a call until Wise showed him the ball. If he didn't/couldn't, then no catch, foul ball.

Am I brave or stupid for still wanting to go to the umpiring academy, despite umpires being deemed the scourge of baseball?

Madvora
06-27-2012, 07:14 AM
That doesn't look like Dwayne Wise to me.

DumpJerry
06-27-2012, 07:22 AM
That doesn't look like Dwayne Wise to me.
More like Uribe, but not Jeter? :smile:

fisk4ever
06-27-2012, 01:30 PM
am i brave or stupid for still wanting to go to the umpiring academy, despite umpires being deemed the scourge of baseball?

c
a n
y o u s
e e t h i s

MtGrnwdSoxFan
06-27-2012, 09:48 PM
c
a n
y o u s
e e t h i s

See what?

Tragg
06-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Heck, the fan who actually got the ball held it up and the ump still didn't get it.

RKMeibalane
06-27-2012, 10:13 PM
:tool

"Yes, um, baseball is our sport."