PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6/26 Sox Hang-On By a Thread Postgamer

Brian26
06-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Nice game for Gavin tonight.

Cleveland loses....1.5 game lead.

thomas35forever
06-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Happy with the win. Ending could have been less tense-filled.

SephClone89
06-26-2012, 11:06 PM
That was almost deja vu all over again...

dwitt76
06-26-2012, 11:07 PM
That 9th was bringing back a decade of bad memories.

chisox12
06-26-2012, 11:07 PM
That 9th was bringing back a decade of bad memories.

Yeah, that was a tough 9th. Glad to come out of there with a win.

Zakath
06-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Gavin exorcized some Minnesota demons tonight, helped by a titanic blast from one of the unsung heroes of this team this year, Alex Rios.

Need another strong start from Sale tomorrow to get out of the Twin Cities with a series win, before we head to the Bronx to play one of the hottest teams in baseball.

thomas35forever
06-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Where is everybody tonight? Bet this'd be packed if we'd blown it.

johnnyg83
06-26-2012, 11:15 PM
I'm at my sons little league game and swore I wouldn't look at the score till after ten. Might have to stay away till after the games.

JB98
06-26-2012, 11:16 PM
The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.

The lesson for Addison Reed is don't walk guys and don't hit guys with a three-run lead. Those little bloop hits don't matter much if you don't put runners on base ahead of them. At least he got out of it. Span was about the last person I wanted to see to the plate in that spot. He scares me more than Mauer or Morneau to be honest.

Noneck
06-26-2012, 11:17 PM
This club better start hitting real soon. The yanks are going to be throwing their best against the Sox. I would like them to give Sale a laugher tomorrow.

doublem23
06-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Where is everybody tonight? Bet this'd be packed if we'd blown it.

You need a few minutes to recuperate after shocking yourself back to life with an AED

Tragg
06-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Never easy in Minny.

PushinWeight
06-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Good win. The offense is still a cause for alarm though.

doublem23
06-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Cleveland loses....1.5 game lead.

Rangers just beat Detroit. 3 games up on those losers, too.

TheOldRoman
06-26-2012, 11:28 PM
It sucks that they faced a horse **** pitcher and only scratched across three runs on five hits. Luckily, we were able to make it hold up. Another great outing from Floyd. Hopefully he is getting ready to go on a massive hot streak. Now, let's get some runs tomorrow so Sale isn't screwed over again.

GoGoCrede
06-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Yay Gavin!!!

PalehosePlanet
06-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Great outing by Gavin; got out of some early jams to avoid being called a "mental midget" by all of the resident ******* psychologists on WSI.

Alex is playing gold glove defense as well as kicking ass at the plate. Alexei, despite the power drought has been hitting well. Unfortunately everyone else is still AWOL on offense.

thomas35forever
06-26-2012, 11:39 PM
For the record, I played this game in The Show today and used the same pitchers in the same sequence. Resulted in my first win in the game (I haven't played it much since March).:cool:

chisoxfanatic
06-26-2012, 11:42 PM
It was nice to see them "Twink" the Twins a bit tonight...Nice gaining a game on both Cleveland and Detroit.

Brian26
06-26-2012, 11:42 PM
This club better start hitting real soon. The yanks are going to be throwing their best against the Sox. I would like them to give Sale a laugher tomorrow.

**** the Yankees. Sox will take three of four in that series.

guillensdisciple
06-26-2012, 11:46 PM

Lawl.

Good win though. Keep it up Gavin, I like the taste of crow.

ChiSoxGal85
06-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Great outing by Gavin and just enough offense to get by. Never thought I'd say "thank heavens for Alex Rios". He's really been keeping the team in these games lately. Alexei is finally showing signs of heating up. Let's get the series tomorrow.

guillensdisciple
06-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Great outing by Gavin and just enough offense to get by. Never thought I'd say "thank heavens for Alex Rios". He's really been keeping the team in these games lately. Alexei is finally showing signs of heating up. Let's get the series tomorrow.

Thank God too, my adoration for everything Alexei was starting to look kind of dumb this year.

I hope he can get back to hitting .280 by the end of the year. The power numbers don't phase me- though they would be nice.

doublem23
06-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Thank God too, my adoration for everything Alexei was starting to look kind of dumb this year.

I hope he can get back to hitting .280 by the end of the year. The power numbers don't phase me- though they would be nice.

Alexei has been playing a great shortstop and hitting in the mid-.300's with RISP this year, which is probably about all you can ask from your shortstop. The total loss of power is perplexing, but really, it's icing on the cake from that position.

slavko
06-27-2012, 12:02 AM
In the great tradition of a lifetime of White Sox closers....He's another Santos all right. Happy I went for a walk with the 3-0 lead. I'd have had cardiac arrest on the sofa.

Happy for Floyd, too. Youk looks almost athletic. I'd say he isn't hurting, that's good, keep it that way. Minny is not that bad, excluding pitchers.

Crooked Number
06-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Two really encouraging starts in a row for Floyd. Great to see. Agree that a nice easy win would be nice on get away day going into to NY. Not mentioned yet, but Thornton had a nice inning tonight. More of those please. Reed still learning, can't give the opposition runners to score. Good win.

doublem23
06-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Minny is not that bad, excluding pitchers.

I don't know, since the start of the 2011 season, only one team in the AL has scored fewer RPG than Minnesota (Seattle).

slavko
06-27-2012, 12:16 AM
I don't know, since the start of the 2011 season, only one team in the AL has scored fewer RPG than Minnesota (Seattle).

Can't argue with facts, but were they missing any run producers in 2011?

Noneck
06-27-2012, 12:31 AM

There is nothing that I would like more. My whole life I have looked forward to these series. Gosh I hope you are right.

thomas35forever
06-27-2012, 12:40 AM

The bottom didn't fall out for the Twins last year until after the All-Star break, but I get your point here. Frankly, I'd be fine if this continued for another five years.

LoveYourSuit
06-27-2012, 01:10 AM
Gavin is now 16th in the AL in WHIP at 1.25.

Check the names that are behind him (will blow you away):

17 Ervin Santana
18 Felix Hernandez
20 CC Sabathia
25 Justin Masterson
28 Ricky Romero
29 James Shields
31 Jon Lester
33 Dan Haren
34 Matt Moore
37 Yu Darvish
38 Ivan Nova

I'm left scratching my head :scratch: on why/how his Record and ERA are what they are?

The guy has the stuff to dominate.

TDog
06-27-2012, 01:11 AM
Alexei has been playing a great shortstop and hitting in the mid-.300's with RISP this year, which is probably about all you can ask from your shortstop. The total loss of power is perplexing, but really, it's icing on the cake from that position.

I'm not sure where his power has gone either, but in his rookie season, Ramirez only had four home runs at this point in the season and it was the only season he finished with more than 20. This season when he was hitting higher in the lineup, he wasn't hitting anything, and hitting at the bottom of the order, pitchers might not be giving him enough to put up great power numbers.

A lineup can be an organic thing. Sometimes how players hit has a lot to do with where they hit, who is hitting behind them and who is on base when they hit. Beckham has only two home runs from the bottom of the order and seven hitting second, mostly in front of Dunn, before Youkilis sent him back to the bottom of the order again. For his career, Ramirez has a .300 batting average with runners in scoring position, and it's pretty close to .300 with two outs and runners in scoring position. His career batting average with two outs and the bases loaded is over .400. It's not all about the home runs.

The RBI-single Ramirez hit tonight certainly brought home a big run. When Span began the game, second night in a row, with a double, I thought it was going to be a challenging night for the White Sox. But Floyd pitched another strong game. When Span came up with two on and two out down by one run in the ninth, I was concerned he would end the game this game with a double. But this game ended not with a bang, but with a Twins whimper.

Rios is having a great season and is the true comeback player on the team, position player anyway. With Konerko slumping, he may be the most dangerous White Sox hitter now. And he has been playing great outfield defense.

tstrike2000
06-27-2012, 01:11 AM
I'm concerned about how horrible Dunn's been and Paulie's wrist. He just hasn't been turning on pitches with authority, like he usually does. On the flipside, it's nice to see Alexei starting to hit and Youkilis in the lineup.

LoveYourSuit
06-27-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm concerned about how horrible Dunn's been and Paulie's wrist. He just hasn't been turning on pitches with authority, like he usually does. On the flipside, it's nice to see Alexei starting to hit and Youkilis in the lineup.

I too am concerned.

If Dunn drops below .200, he might become a head case. I hope not.

Dunn and Konerko, if I'm picking the allstar team today, I would not take. Rios is playing at an allstar level all around, he's the only offensive player that should be picked.

TDog
06-27-2012, 01:19 AM
Gavin is now 16th in the AL in WHIP at 1.25.

Check the names that are behind him (will blow you away):

17 Ervin Santana
18 Felix Hernandez
20 CC Sabathia
25 Justin Masterson
28 Ricky Romero
29 James Shields
31 Jon Lester
33 Dan Haren
34 Matt Moore
37 Yu Darvish
38 Ivan Nova

I'm left scratching my head :scratch: on why/how his Record and ERA are what they are?

The guy has the stuff to dominate.

Floyd has given up 15 home runs this season with a total of 12 runners on base. In theory, if he had walked each of those hitters, he could have given up 27 fewer runs while posting the same WHIP.

MUsoxfan
06-27-2012, 01:36 AM
I'm loving Youk already. That jump-throw was something to behold

RCWHITESOX
06-27-2012, 01:54 AM

I will be happy with a split in New York. Three out of four I believe is to much to hope for with the Yankees being the hottest team in baseball now.

hawkjt
06-27-2012, 02:06 AM
Nice win,Sox!

So,all ten hits since we hit Minny by Alex,Alexei and Youk? The other guys are on strike? C'mon,guys...time to wake up!

Youk is looking very spry to me at the plate and at third base. I have to wonder what he is thinking when he sees how this team does not hit...he must feel like an odd duck as he actually gets hits.

Matt Thornton's stuff was crackling tonite...best in a long time. Great to see. Maybe he is relieved that he did not go to Boston in the trade?

Gavin's mechanical adjustment before the Cub game seems to be holding,and he is flourishing....now,keep it right there,Gavin!

It sure was nice to see Alex get a hanger,and actually bang it. The rest of our lineup would miss it.
Alexei is swinging a magic wand right now...here comes the summer warmup!
I know that Robin seems to coddle the vets like Dunn but is willing to move Gordo down without a thought,but I wish he would put Gordo back at second, move Youk to third, and push the whole lineup back a man.
We need to shake up this moribund lineup a bit,imo.
I think Adam could use a day off,as he has played every day.

Tomorrow....Youk at 1st, Escobar at 3rd,Danks in left,PK at DH,AJ behind the plate? Get Sale some runs,boys!

amsteel
06-27-2012, 03:53 AM
Can't knock a winner, but the last two games haven't exactly inspired alot of confidence heading into NY this weekend.

It will be interesting to see how they stack up against a real playoff caliber AL team.

October26
06-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Yay Gavin!!!

+1

So happy to see your "husband" pitch another great game last night. In the bottom of the 9th, I crossed my fingers and said out loud: "Don't blow this for Gavin & GoGo!" To which my kids responded: "Mom, who's GoGo?"...lol

:thumbsup: My thoughts exactly.