PDA

View Full Version : Ray will play CF


Jjav829
07-25-2002, 07:28 PM
Just reported on the Score, they said that Ray will play CF and will bat leadoff.

Viva Magglio
07-25-2002, 07:28 PM
The Score is reporting that the A's intend to make Durham their leadoff hitting center fielder.

Chisox_cali
07-25-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Just reported on the Score, they said that Ray will play CF and will bat leadoff.

Oh man that should be interesting to see :cool:

Chisox_cali
07-25-2002, 07:31 PM
Has ray even ever played center? If so when was the last time? Low A ball? Jesus.

Also there should be a Ray Traded Official thread cause I'm losing track of all the threads I posted in. :D:

ScottG
07-25-2002, 07:44 PM
The Oakland A's website says Ray will take over for Mark Ellis at 2nd base.

It wouldn't be too smart to put him in CF in the middle of a pennant race.

Daver
07-25-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by ScottG
The Oakland A's website says Ray will take over for Mark Ellis at 2nd base.

It wouldn't be too smart to put him in CF in the middle of a pennant race.

I could get the amusement of watching him try and hit the cutoff man.....

Procol Harum
07-25-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by daver


I could get the amusement of watching him try and hit the cutoff man.....

Lord have mercy...with the way he would tune out while playing 2nd, can you imagine what he'd do standing out there in center field?? LOL!

Chisox_cali
07-25-2002, 07:58 PM
Maybe this trade will be worthwile to see Ray Ray running around in the outfield. :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-25-2002, 08:01 PM
Why on Earth would Oakland send Ray Durham out to learn to play CF if they are trying to win a pennant? This makes no sense.

The Score would not meet my criteria as a "reliable source" on this matter.

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Why on Earth would Oakland send Ray Durham out to learn to play CF if they are trying to win a pennant? This makes no sense.

The Score would not meet my criteria as a "reliable source" on this matter.

Athletics acquire Durham for stretch run (http://msn.espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0725/1410102.html)

He (Beane) had told me that he was working on trying to get him here. He's going to play some second, he's going to DH and get some playing time. We may even look at him in the outfield and see if he can play some outfield,'' Howe said.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-25-2002, 08:11 PM
If Art Howe is serious about winning a pennant for the A's, Durham will spend 99 percent of his time at 2B or DHing. Howe doesn't know what a goofball Durham is the way Sox Fans do.

:ray
"Hey, I'm getting a new hat for my hat rack!"