PDA

View Full Version : Marlon Byrd say it ain't so

Adele_H
06-25-2012, 03:11 PM
50 game suspencion, apparently.

Boy I sure I hope this doesn't consitutute "rumour-mongering".

Gaining 30-40 pounds from his days as lead-off with Phillies, finding all that power was purely coincidental.

Matt Thorton and Texas Rangers must be pissed. Byrd's AB against Matty in 2010 All-Star game set up a blown lead.... which broke the AL All-Star win streak and let the underdog Giants parlay the home-field advantage to World Series title.... Something like that.

SephClone89
06-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Nice link.

Adele_H
06-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Nice link.

Forthcoming.

edited to add: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-mrlon-byrd-suspended-50-games-for-peds-20120625,0,2512908.story

SephClone89
06-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Matt Thorton and Texas Rangers must be pissed. Byrd's AB against Matty in 2010 All-Star game set up a blown lead.... which broke the AL All-Star win streak and let the underdog Giants parlay the home-field advantage to World Series title.... Something like that.

I don't think either of those entities are thinking anything like that at all.

Adele_H
06-25-2012, 03:22 PM
I don't think either of those entities are thinking anything like that at all.

Well then both of those entities should be cited for contempt, neglect and found lacking in fire AND passion.

white sox bill
06-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Tamoxifen is not a AAS but rather a med that prevents or cures gynocastomia ie bitch tits which occurs with AAS use. Been around for ages. Trib got it wrong again

doublem23
06-25-2012, 03:30 PM

No, do you see how providing a link to a legitimate news source is actually the exact opposite?

doublem23
06-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Tamoxifen is not a AAS but rather a med that prevents or cures gynocastomia ie bitch tits which occurs with AAS use. Been around for ages. Trib got it wrong again

Link doesn't say it's an AAS

thomas35forever
06-25-2012, 03:39 PM
What a year for him.

white sox bill
06-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Link doesn't say it's an AAS
No it says a PED which infers AAS

Adele_H
06-25-2012, 03:55 PM
No, do you see how providing a link to a legitimate news source is actually the exact opposite?

I see. I see!!!!! I SEE!!!

By Heavenly Lord Almighty Up There Beyond the Celestial Sky-Clouds.....I CAN SEE!

PS. you DO realize Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, Jeff Bagwell, Marion Jones, Usain Bolt circa 2008 Beijing insanity, et al et al et al........for the longest time never failed what amounted to literally 100's drug tests thrown at them.....and some have NEVER failed a test to this day.....right? Further, you DO realize that informed speculation is one of the pillars of human interaction & knowledge acquisition?

doublem23
06-25-2012, 04:03 PM
No it says a PED which infers AAS

It never once mentions the world steroid, and I think most people are aware that not all PEDs banned in baseball are automatically AAS. This is the same drug Manny was nailed for, IIRC.

PS. you DO realize Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, Jeff Bagwell, Marion Jones, Usain Bolt circa 2008 Beijing insanity, et al et al et al........for the longest time never failed what amounted to literally 100's drug tests thrown at them.....and some have NEVER failed a test to this day.....right? Further, you DO realize that informed speculation is one of the pillars of human interaction & knowledge acquisition?

And that's fine, if you want to keep your little "informed speculation" gossip at the corner bar with your brahs or on other websites, that's all well and good but when you're going to post here on our boards, you're going to play within the confines of our rules, so when a member of the moderating staff politely asks you to knock off some behavior, we actually request that you knock it off without the snarky, holier-than-thou attitude.

white sox bill
06-25-2012, 04:11 PM
It never once mentions the world steroid, and I think most people are aware that not all PEDs banned in baseball are automatically AAS. This is the same drug Manny was nailed for, IIRC.

IIRC Manny got nailed for HCG and Clomid which are PCT drugs, a bit like what Byrd got nailed for. PED is a stretch as by itself tamoxifen wont enhance anyones performance. Its all in the after care of PED.

Nice job Marlon

PalehosePlanet
06-25-2012, 04:22 PM
There is a good chance we've seen the last of Marlon Byrd.

PatK
06-25-2012, 04:27 PM
The way he was answering questions earlier this season when being interviewed about working with Victor Conte, he was pretty much begging to be tested.

Be careful what you wish for Marlon.

white sox bill
06-25-2012, 06:07 PM
I suppose one could argue that Byrd had a condition that caused gyno....I've seen some males that are a bit chubby or they are endomorphs and they do have some of the dreaded bitch tits going on. If this is the case he would have a Dr's script which should clear him

balke
06-25-2012, 07:21 PM
The way he was answering questions earlier this season when being interviewed about working with Victor Conte, he was pretty much begging to be tested.

Be careful what you wish for Marlon.

Saw a sports special about this maybe 2 years ago. Conte makes him all kinds of cocktails to get his performance up. Big risk and very interesting.

Conte knows how to legally make these performance enhancing concoctions. He also trains a UFC fighter I believe.

DrCrawdad
06-25-2012, 09:48 PM
50 game suspension, apparently.

Boy I sure I hope this doesn't constitute "rumor-mongering".

Gaining 30-40 pounds from his days as lead-off with Phillies, finding all that power was purely coincidental.

http://www.chicagonow.com/cubs-den/files/2012/06/byrdsoriano1.jpg

voodoochile
06-25-2012, 09:51 PM
50 game suspencion, apparently.

Don't be a smartass, Dima. If a suspension is announced and published in a major newspaper it's not just a rumor anymore. If it springs unsupported from your suspicious mind, then it is.

Adele_H
06-26-2012, 01:55 AM
http://www.chicagonow.com/cubs-den/files/2012/06/byrdsoriano1.jpg

I wish you had the old Aramis Ramirez in that pic with special appearance by Carlos Pena.

Then again, the badwidth that would be recquired to, uh, fit them in would crash this site. Maybe the whole world Internet, lulz