PDA

View Full Version : Brent Lillibridge Appreciation Thread

MtGrnwdSoxFan
06-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks for making some great plays, like when you robbed that homer from Crisp last year against the A's, and for making that awesome catch against Gomez yesterday.

Good luck in Boston.

MarySwiss
06-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Gonna miss you, Littlebeast. Good luck in Boston! :smile:

LITTLE NELL
06-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Good luck in Beantown, I wish you could hit and you would still be here.
Thanks for those fantastic catches against the Yankees last year.

Rikirk
06-24-2012, 05:43 PM
The kid has potential, I wish him all the best with the Carmines.

ChiSoxGal85
06-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Good luck to you, Brent. I'll miss those fantastic outfield catches you made for the White Sox, but I'll bet I'll still see you on MLB Network, doing them in a Red Sox uniform. Except not against us, please. :D: Keep the faith!

StillMissOzzie
Thanks for all of your spark plugged-ness last year, you were awesome in RF vs the Yankees and came through with some big hits too. This year, not so much. Farewell and good luck in Boston, Lillibeast.

SMO

doublem23
The kid has potential, I wish him all the best with the Carmines.

I don't really know how much more growth he has left; he'll be 29 before the season ends

Tragg
06-24-2012, 05:46 PM
He's a good utility ballplayer. Served us well, I'm sure he'll do the same in Boston.

Parrothead
06-24-2012, 05:52 PM
He will forever remembered.....

On April 11, 2011, Lillibridge was a part of Chicago White Sox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_White_Sox) history when he hit a fifth inning home run (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_run) off of Dallas Braden (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Braden). It was the 10,000th home run hit in the 112 year history of White Sox baseball.

FielderJones
06-24-2012, 06:02 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=7115&d=1312863367

Thanks for those tape-measure shots last year, and the good outfield defense. Good luck in Boston.

DonnieDarko
06-24-2012, 06:03 PM
*salutes*

One of my favorite players the Sox have had. I always rooted for the guy, because I knew that his ceiling was pretty much a utility guy...I just hope that the grass is greener in Boston for him.

hawkjt
06-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the memories of that stretch last year where Brent was absolutely squaring up every hittable pitch and knocking the crap outta the ball!! That was cool. And all the great catches in the outfield also.

Good luck to Lilly...good guy,good teammate.
Welcome to Youuuuukkkkk.

SoxThunder
06-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the amazing Waste Management commercials at the Cell over the past few years. You will be irreplaceable.

Aesero
06-24-2012, 06:11 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=14199297

I'll never forget these two catches to save the game. Thanks for all the homers last year Lillibridge!

TDog
06-24-2012, 06:16 PM
He's a good utility ballplayer. Served us well, I'm sure he'll do the same in Boston.

He is a very good utility player, but this year I don't think he was being used enough to stay sharp. Last year seemed his breakout year. He hasn't had a very good year at all. This April he was leading the league in stolen bases for awhile, exclusively as a pinch-runner, it seemed, but the season has pretty much just gone wrong for him. Still, I don't think I've ever seen anyone his size hit the ball harder and farther in batting practice. This year, though, he hasn't been hitting and, of late, everything has gone wrong for him on the bases.

His White Sox career highlight had to be the ninth inning against the Yankees last year in which he made two game-saving catches. His White Sox career could have ended scoring the winning run today. But the hit-and-run line drive ended up in the shortstop's glove. That was pretty much the way his season was going.

Soxman219
06-24-2012, 06:22 PM
"The Bridge" will always have a place in Sox history.

I miss him already. :(:

PalehosePlanet
06-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Good luck in Boston Lilli, thanks for always hustling and playing the game the right way. This is one fan who'll definitely miss ya, despite your struggles this season.

DickAllen72
06-24-2012, 06:38 PM
I appreciate the great effort, the outstanding plays in the outfield and the home runs Lillibridge produced for the White Sox. Also. by all accounts he is a great guy.

Good luck with the Red Sox, Brent, except when you play against the White Sox.

Tragg
06-24-2012, 06:39 PM
He is a very good utility player, but this year I don't think he was being used enough to stay sharp. Last year seemed his breakout year. He hasn't had a very good year at all.

utility players are like middle relievers...if they could stay consistent year to year, most would be starters.
He can play all positions except catcher. With a guy like him, you can carry an extra bat on the bench.

wilburaga
06-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Actually, he was criminally underused LAST year by the Blithering Ozziot, who seemed to go out of his way to bench Lillibridge every time he would find some semblance of RHYTHM at the plate, would even hit a HR - in short, just as he would start "looking dangerous" (as Hawk would put it)

Then a week would go by on the bench and Lillibridge timing would go to crap again, swing would get long & loopy, he would be too desperate to earn playing time, chasing pitches he was laying off just a week earlier.

Rinse and repeat. I am sorry, but given his low-salary, defensive versatility and speed on the pads, not to mention new-found POWER..... no way should Lilli been treated like a redheaded stepchild -- when Ozzie's guys over the years including zero-dimensional Mark Kotsay, Dewayne Wise, Brent Morel would play for weeks, months at a time with complete job security.

So it's a two-ended stick. Lilli himself is to blame for letting it get to him at times, while last year he was definalely shafted by Greasy McTourette's.

I think Ozzie used Lilly perfectly last year. He was fourth in the AL in home runs per at bat. What's he done under Robin? Some nice catches, I really like the guy, but how can you criticize Ozzie for getting what will almost surely be his career year out of him?

Zakath
06-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Boston's getting a kid who will play ANYWHERE you want to put him. The only positions he didn't play in his time in Chicago were pitcher and catcher.

His swing really seemed to suffer this year, and it looks like they were running out of uses for him.

Wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

It's been a pleasure to watch the Lillibeast.

Harry Potter
06-24-2012, 07:31 PM
My authentic Lillibridge jersey suddenly becomes a retro jersey.

Best of luck in Boston, Beast!

cheezheadsoxfan
06-24-2012, 07:44 PM
All the best Lillibeast, I enjoyed your time here.

voodoochile
06-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks for those two great catches back to back in the 9th to seal the win in NY...

For the last time... The 4-eared Lillibeast. What the heck, it's Sunday and the Sox won...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=6755&d=1280731952

SCCWS
06-24-2012, 07:58 PM
I don't really know how much more growth he has left; he'll be 29 before the season ends

I bet he will be released or sent to AAA by August 1st. He has to beat out Nick Punto who is already their back-up infielder.

Chez
06-24-2012, 08:07 PM
I bet he will be released or sent to AAA by August 1st. He has to beat out Nick Punto who is already their back-up infielder.

He may be battling Pods for a roster spot when Pods comes off the DL. Best of luck, Lillibeast. He played hard and it was nice to have a utility guy who could play 7 positions and run.

roylestillman
06-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Forever we will tell the tales of The Beast. Best of luck in Boston.

This kid sums it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0e-eLzscqQ&feature=youtu.be

Rounding_Third
06-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Thank Lili for your grit, hustle, versatility, and character.
Good luck in Beantown except when we visit!

GlassSox
06-24-2012, 10:03 PM
He always busted his butt for the White Sox and I really liked him. I always appreciate someone trying their best and working hard.

He sure had some highlight defensive plays in his short time with us.

Very best of luck to you Lillibridge. Say hi to Pods.

LongLiveFisk
06-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Best of luck in Boston to you, Brent. You always played hard and I appreciate that. :smile:

chisoxfanatic
06-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Awww, this is heartbreaking: Mod Edit. The parent is a douchebag.

Good luck, Lillibeast! I always appreciated your spunk!

kevingrt
06-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Awww, this is heartbreaking: Douchebag parent video ain't going viral here.

That was pretty much me and my friend taking the news in at Bacardi At The Park after the game.

Wedema
06-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Good luck in Beantown, Crusher! I will never forget the catches in Yankee Stadium and Saturday on Gomez.

soxfanreggie
06-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Best of luck in Boston! A good utility player can be an integral part of a team, and at times, you gave us some great play and always seemed to have a great attitude.

kevingrt
06-24-2012, 11:11 PM
Awww, this is heartbreaking: Mod Edit. The parent is a douchebag.

Really mods? We are calling a parent a douchebag because he found a little humor in his kid's sadness?

Be a star.

Frater Perdurabo
06-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Really mods? We are calling a parent a douchebag because he found a little humor in his kid's sadness?

Be a star.

I posted in the other thread that If I ever were sufficiently demented to do that to my son, that I hoped someone would have the good sense to punch me in the face.

Yes, that parent is a douchebag for recording it. But he wins douchebag of the year for posting it on YouTube.

Best of luck to Lillibridge. May you crush the Twins, Tigers, Indians and Royals.

kevingrt
06-24-2012, 11:27 PM
I posted in the other thread that If I ever were sufficiently demented to do that to my son, that I hoped someone would have the good sense to punch me in the face.

Yes, that parent is a douchebag for recording it. But he wins douchebag of the year for posting it on YouTube.

Best of luck to Lillibridge. May you crush the Twins, Tigers, Indians and Royals.

I thought name-calling was frowned upon here?

Whatever...

I think I am just angry to see Lillibridge leave. Love the kid. Completely agree with the trade but oh so sad to see Brent leave.

chisoxfanatic
06-24-2012, 11:38 PM

Be a star.
Nothing holds a candle to the little Canucks fan kid who cried about them "Golfing" after our Blackhawks eliminated them in '09.

Brian26
06-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Nothing holds a candle to the little Canucks fan kid who cried about them "Golfing" after our Blackhawks eliminated them in '09.

Then there are the parents who recorded the kids last Christmas when they swapped out the Cubs and Sox pillow pets.

Brian26
06-24-2012, 11:44 PM
I thought name-calling was frowned upon here?

Whatever...

Name-calling to other posters is frowned upon, but I can give you my opinion on some chump that gets off belittling his kid on YouTube for laughs and hopes of winning "Chicago's Funniest Home Videoz!" contest.

tstrike2000
06-24-2012, 11:44 PM
Thanks to Brent for all of his contributions to the team over the last few years. He was lights out for us for a while last year, especially that catch in New York.

24thStFan
06-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Thanks, Brent. I appreciate the energy you played with every time you were in the lineup. I hope you get a chance to play more in Boston.

asindc
06-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Thank you, Brent.:gulp: Enjoyed watching your speed and hustle. Hope it all works out well for you in Boston.

#1swisher
06-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Video of Lillibridge "Sad day to leave a great team and a great organization"

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=22566817&c_id=mlb

Risk
06-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks for always playing hard (especially the D' in the outfield and the HRs last season). Good luck in Beantown.

Risk

thomas35forever
06-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Good luck in Beantown, Brent. Hope you deliver some good plays for them (except against us, of course).

ChiSoxGal85
06-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Just saw Brent on MLB Network, taking ground balls at 3rd base in a Red Sox uniform (#23). :o:

Go get 'em, Brent!

FielderJones
06-25-2012, 05:04 PM
Good luck in Beantown, Brent. Hope you deliver some good plays for them (except against us, of course).

Who is more likely to hurt their old team July 16-19?

SOXSINCE'70
06-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Thank you for doing the best you could in any situation,and I will never forget the 2 catches you made at Yankee Stadium last year.Best of luck to you and your family.You are a true gentleman,and I will root for you,as long as you're not playing the Sox.

PaleHoser
06-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Just saw Brent on MLB Network, taking ground balls at 3rd base in a Red Sox uniform (#23). :o:

Go get 'em, Brent!

I guarantee that seeing #23 on the field at Fenway will lead the ol' Hawkaroo to spin a few yarns about the great right-hander Luis Tiant.

I wish Brent nothing but the best the rest of his career. Always gave his best efforts between the lines and was a lot of fun to watch.

Hitmen77
06-26-2012, 09:07 AM

Name-calling to other posters is frowned upon, but I can give you my opinion on some chump that gets off belittling his kid on YouTube for laughs and hopes of winning "Chicago's Funniest Home Videoz!" contest.

The youtube parents explain themselves:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-talk-white-sox-fan-cries-video-0626-20120625,0,33124.story

I completely agree with Frater and Brian. If they wanted to record it for their home movie collection for posterity, fine. But posting it on YouTube? That's terrible.

FielderJones
06-26-2012, 01:14 PM
The youtube parents explain themselves:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-talk-white-sox-fan-cries-video-0626-20120625,0,33124.story

:rolleyes:

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/7/4/2/3/4/5/aws-31363048300.jpeg
"Everyone wants their fifteen minutes!"

all*star quentin
06-26-2012, 10:57 PM
You'll always be a sox to me! Continued success, Beast! :gulp:

SCCWS
06-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Who is more likely to hurt their old team July 16-19?

Youk. I don't think Brent will be on the Boston roster by then.