PDA

View Full Version : Great going Kenny?

balboner
07-25-2002, 07:53 PM
A 24 year old pitcher w/an ERA over 6 is the best Williams could get for Durham? This GM is going to ruin this franchise even more than he has. Adkins ERA will fit in great w/Rauch and Parque.

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by balboner
A 24 year old pitcher w/an ERA over 6 is the best Williams could get for Durham? This GM is going to ruin this franchise even more than he has. Adkins ERA will fit in great w/Rauch and Parque.

Don't forget the cash!

Please don't insult Rauch by mentioning him in the same breath as Jim Parque. Parque is bad, Jon is coming off a serious injury.

Chisox_cali
07-25-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Don't forget the cash!

Please don't insult Rauch by mentioning him in the same breath as Jim Parque. Parque is bad, Jon is coming off a serious injury.

Well to be fair Parque's injury was much worse than Rauch's. Jon just had a "J" like growth or something in his shoulder, Jim had the full on Labrum tear.

But Rauch will definately be a good pitcher in the near future.

Daver
07-25-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by balboner

This is a salary dump,nothing more,nothing less.I bet the cash is Ray's contract from this year.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-25-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by daver

This is a salary dump, nothing more,nothing less.

Yeah, and I'll give you one guess who Reinsdorf took his "dump" on.

:angry:

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Well to be fair Parque's injury was much worse than Rauch's. Jon just had a "J" like growth or something in his shoulder, Jim had the full on Labrum tear.

But Rauch will definately be a good pitcher in the near future.

Way to go, Cali.

Have to ruin my post with these "facts".

:)

Chisox_cali
07-25-2002, 08:13 PM

Way to go, Cali.

Have to ruin my post with these "facts".

:)

Don't worry I hardly ever have facts that are actually true to back my statements, that may be a rare case. hey i could still be wrong about the surgeries.

All I do know is that Jon has a blister right now, let's hope he doesn't get the "Josh Beckett Blister Problem," which means going on the DL for a month with a blister

Viva Magglio
07-25-2002, 08:17 PM
Now you know why I wanted KW out before the July 31st trading deadline period. As far as I'm concerned, we got nothing. We should have gotten far more for Ray Durham than we did.

Daver
07-25-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Now you know why I wanted KW out before the July 31st trading deadline period. As far as I'm concerned, we got nothing.

The Sox got out of having Ray opt for arbitration as opposed to testing what will prove to be a frugal FA market next season,and got cash and a pitcher in return.This was strictly a money deal based on what will happen in the next two months,and Adkins has no MLB service time and will not have to be added to the forty man roster.

Welcome to the business of MLB baseball.

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
We should have gotten far more for Ray Durham than we did.

What two minor leaguers?

Your not getting Furcal for Durham. Your not getting Lidle for Durham either.

I'm not a huge fan of this deal myself.

Tragg
07-25-2002, 10:21 PM

What two minor leaguers?

Your not getting Furcal for Durham. Your not getting Lidle for Durham either.

I'm not a huge fan of this deal myself.

That's fine - a player with a .400 OBP is worth NOTHING in a pennant race according to many. Kenny is just a shrewd sharpshooter who hoodwinked the As into taking salary.

Let's wait and see. Let's see the price that other teams pay for rent a players, most of whom will be far worse than ray durham. And then we'll find out just how swifto kenny williams is.

Jerry_Manuel
07-25-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
That's fine - a player with a .400 OBP is worth NOTHING in a pennant race according to many. Kenny is just a shrewd sharpshooter who hoodwinked the As into taking salary.

Let's wait and see. Let's see the price that other teams pay for rent a players, most of whom will be far worse than ray durham. And then we'll find out just how swifto kenny williams is.

Thome and Rolen are way better then Ray Durham.

I don't like the deal in terms of who the Sox got. The problem is people were expecting something big when there was no realistic chance of that happening.

doctor30th
07-25-2002, 10:34 PM
See the problem is of the teams that would have taken Ray (Oakland, Boston, Atlanta, and Los Angeles). All of them are looking for another bat too, like a Thome, so they would prefer to save any good prospects they would have to get a Thome or other power bat.

He might not get traded, but it's stupid to wait til 11:59 pm on July 31st to see if we can get something better, cause then your just stuck with a 6.3 million dollar salary and no player next year.