PDA

View Full Version : Grinder Bash 2012

DumpJerry
06-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Got the email this morning sent to the few and the proud (a/k/a season ticket holders).

July 22nd we can eat on Uncle Jerry's dime.

They are including a scavenger hunt this year. I wonder if a complete game for Quintana will be one of the things we get to look for.....

ChiSoxFann
06-20-2012, 11:21 AM
This year I split a 7 game ticket package with my dad since he wanted to go to Opening Day (Real glad we didn't choose the Cubs games instead) and we were invited as well. I've never been to one of these, but I just RSVP'd. The food selection looks pretty damn good.

Lip Man 1
06-20-2012, 12:39 PM
I wonder how many season ticket holders are left. I saw speculation today in a story that it could be down by as many as 5,000 from last year.

Lip

amsteel
06-20-2012, 01:16 PM
I wonder how many season ticket holders are left. I saw speculation today in a story that it could be down by as many as 5,000 from last year.

Lip

Based on early season attendance that's about right. From ~16K to ~11K.

I'm not a season ticket holder, but the Grinder Bash is pretty cool. It's always neat to be in the stadium on a non game day.

Lip Man 1
06-20-2012, 01:33 PM
I'll find out for myself on Monday.

Lip

GlassSox
06-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Had fun last year and looking forward to this one. :D:

Wedema
06-20-2012, 06:02 PM
This year I split a 7 game ticket package with my dad since he wanted to go to Opening Day (Real glad we didn't choose the Cubs games instead) and we were invited as well. I've never been to one of these, but I just RSVP'd. The food selection looks pretty damn good.

It is the same food as a Patio Party and I do recommend the Cajun Chicken!

Brian26
06-20-2012, 08:59 PM

They're handing out Grinder Bash invites for 7 game packages now? 7 games?

That's new, correct?

DumpJerry
06-20-2012, 09:48 PM

That's new, correct?
I don't think so. I know of people who bought a group outing to one game getting the invite.

LongLiveFisk
06-20-2012, 10:56 PM

That's new, correct?

No kidding?

Hmmmm......:thinking:

:D:

Wedema
06-21-2012, 12:10 AM

That's new, correct?

The 7 game package is new this year as before the smallest package was the Ozzie 13 game package.

kevingrt
06-21-2012, 01:08 AM
I've been to 20 games this year (two in StL) but no love for me. Actually very disappointed. You figure paying ridiculous prices for sll these games they would award the few fans that show up often... but no.

And these are all bought with the same email acct so they def know how many games I have trudged to this year.

DumpJerry
06-21-2012, 07:44 AM
The 7 game package is new this year as before the smallest package was the Ozzie 13 game package.

In 2005, they had the Minnie Plan for six game packages.

I've been to 20 games this year (two in StL) but no love for me. Actually very disappointed. You figure paying ridiculous prices for sll these games they would award the few fans that show up often... but no.

And these are all bought with the same email acct so they def know how many games I have trudged to this year.
Do they or is it just Ticketmonster who knows?

kevingrt
06-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Do they or is it just Ticketmonster who knows?

You would think yes considering I get an e-mail from "them" after every game. I lie though I have bought some tickets off StubHub.

Chez
06-21-2012, 12:35 PM
You would think yes considering I get an e-mail from "them" after every game. I lie though I have bought some tickets off StubHub.

Call them and ask for an invite. The worst that they can say is "no."

SoxandtheCityTee
06-21-2012, 01:08 PM
I have the seven-game package but no invite for me yet. Maybe it's a rolling process where they wait a bit to see how many STH have rsvp'd and then open the velvet rope to us unwashed masses if there is room.

lizard6king6
07-18-2012, 08:03 PM
I have grinder bash passes for 11 am Sunday! How long do these things usually last and what should we expect this year?

ChiSoxGirl
07-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Got the email this morning sent to the few and the proud (a/k/a season ticket holders).

July 22nd we can eat on Uncle Jerry's dime.

They are including a scavenger hunt this year. I wonder if a complete game for Quintana will be one of the things we get to look for.....

We'll see you there! :smile:

DumpJerry
07-18-2012, 10:42 PM
I have grinder bash passes for 11 am Sunday! How long do these things usually last and what should we expect this year?
Well, the time slot is 11-2. It lasts as long as you're there. If there is a time slot after yours, I'm pretty sure you won't get kicked out, I've never lasted the whole three hours.

They said they are adding a scavenger hunt this year.

tebman
07-19-2012, 09:29 AM
We'll be there as well. The chicken is hot and the beer is cold; the day is good.

:gulp:

The Dude
07-19-2012, 09:52 AM

Lip

Unfortunately I am one of those 5000. They didn't contact me at all after I canceled via the postseason refund until right before the season started. I was surprised though considering I had been a full season holder since 2006 and partial for years prior. Bad business if you ask me.

bunkaroo
07-19-2012, 11:19 AM
I bought a 7 game plan and was lucky enough to get invited as well. I will definitely be considering a 14 game plan at least for next season. I've already bought tickets for at least 5-6 games outside the 7 game plan as well this season.

ChiSoxGirl
07-19-2012, 02:14 PM
We'll be there as well. The chicken is hot and the beer is cold; the day is good.

:gulp:

We'll see you there, as well! I'll be in touch on Sunday.

soxfan21
07-19-2012, 05:59 PM
I'll be there Sunday as well, can't wait.

My_Sox_Summer
07-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Sounds like a fun time! I was there for the garage sale and I put out the extra $$$ for me and my dad to play catch on the field.

I live a few blocks from the stadium so if anyone has someone cancel, let me know! Ha! Have fun guys!

Brian26
07-21-2012, 02:13 PM
I live a few blocks from the stadium so if anyone has someone cancel, let me know! Ha!

Ha!

kittle42
07-22-2012, 11:28 AM
If anyone wants to punch me in the face, I'll be there between 12-2 today.

SoxandtheCityTee
07-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Missed that chance :wink: but did run into Dump and the Mrs., Chisoxgirl et al., and various former posters. Good times. It's really nice of them to invite a lowly 7-game ticket holder.

DumpJerry
07-22-2012, 04:24 PM
If anyone wants to punch me in the face, I'll be there between 12-2 today.
Consent to commit what is otherwise a tort? Cool!

ChiSoxFann
07-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Being my first Grinder Bash it was a really great experience. I've seen most of the ballpark anyway through the clubhouse sale, yard sale and family field day, etc. but it's always fun to stop by the park and hang out with other fans. The food in the Patio was excellent.

I heard they were giving away Peavy bobbleheads with that scavenger hunt, but by the time we got to the table they were out. I got a Humber perfect game poster (though it was tough watching him pitch on the CF scoreboard today) and a Sox baseball for completing it.

I'm glad they showed the 7 and 14 game holders some love and hope they keep inviting us back. Someone said it was the most crowded Bash they've seen, but, to me, it wasn't overcrowded by any means. The line at 11 a.m. was huge, but once everyone's in the park and spread out there's plenty of room.

soxstarter
07-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Missed that chance :wink: but did run into Dump and the Mrs., Chisoxgirl et al., and various former posters. Good times. It's really nice of them to invite a lowly 7-game ticket holder.

Nice to see you and all the folks too!:rolleyes:

DumpJerry
07-22-2012, 05:06 PM
So, for the scavenger hunt, I thought the most difficult item to find was "a consistent offense for the White Sox."

kittle42
07-22-2012, 06:08 PM
So, for the scavenger hunt, I thought the most difficult item to find was "a consistent offense for the White Sox."

Easiest item to find: home run balls served up by Phil Humber.

DumpJerry
07-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Easiest item to find: home run balls served up by Phil Humber.
They ran out of hiding places and just handed them out next to an incinerator......

amsteel
07-22-2012, 11:59 PM

That's easy: June, and only June, every year.

Jerko
07-23-2012, 11:00 AM
The hell with the scavenger hunt, maybe next year they'll get the signs right. There was a sign on the concourse as you get off ramp 2 (which is in right field) that had an arrow pointing left (towards home plate) to get to the center field gift shop. Um, no? It also said to get to the chicago sports depot that way, which I guess was correct if they didn't have the concourse blocked off RIGHT BEFORE that ramp. Had to go right at the left arrow to get there. Other than that it was a good time.