PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6-19 Juneteenth Fails to Emancipate Sox Bats; CUBS 2 SOX 1 Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
06-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Another great Peavy performance wasted thanks to Hudson's lazy hot dog errant throw from third, and the Sox bats failing to do anything against the worst team in baseball.

amsteel
06-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Sox sinking, Peavy's trade value rising.

guillensdisciple
06-19-2012, 10:52 PM
The white sox are screwing dump jerry

RKMeibalane
06-19-2012, 10:53 PM
****. You hear me? I said ****.

tstrike2000
Below .500, we're comin' for you baby!

RKMeibalane
:reinsy

"You people are crazy if you think we can catch Cleveland."

Zakath
Two straight losses for Jake where his ERA and his WHIP have gone down.

Frater Perdurabo
06-19-2012, 10:54 PM
As bad as Hudson has been, why hasn't Dan Johnson been getting some starts at the hot corner in Charlotte?

LITTLE NELL
06-19-2012, 10:55 PM
The Orlando Hudson experiment needs to end, lets try Lilibridge, he can't do worse.

Frater Perdurabo
I think even Dallas McPherson would be an upgrade over Hudson.

Boondock Saint
It's incredible how the Sox can lose to the worst team in baseball by giving up 12 runs in one game, then by only scoring one run, with that run only being allowed because of a throwing error on a steal attempt.

Dick Allen
Unacceptable, part II.

Brutal. Absolutely ****** brutal. You didn't like the home crowds before, Kenny? Just wait, *******.

WhiteSox5187
06-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Orlando Hudson does not belong on a major league roster. And this team is mediocre at best.

Nelfox02
I was sure they would lose last night before pitch one, I was equally sure they would win this game before pitch one

disturbing.....disgusting.......dissapointing..... ...its white sox baseball

what a shame to watch another good peavy performance go to waste...

not really sure what to say about this team anymore, it is what it is I guess.

PalehosePlanet
Another great Peavy performance wasted thanks to Hudson's lazy hot dog errant throw from third, and the Sox bats failing to do anything against the worst team in baseball.

Slump...slump...slump.

Question: Why did Konerko dive to try and tag out the runner when all he had to do was touch the bag? When it rains it pours.

Frustrating loss yet again, our 10th loss in the last 14.

gobears1987
This team sucks. We lost a series at home to the ****ing Cubs. This is why attendance blows. I'm going to be in Chicago in two weeks for the first time in two years and I can only bring myself to see one game in person.

Viva Medias B's
06-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Hudson should be released. He is completely useless.

Tragg
Pitiful performance.

Damn historians and their thread titles :cool:

Crooked Number
Mind boggling. I counted 5 hangers, absolute meatballs, that Sox hitters fouled away tonight. Just a few short games ago, these balls were getting murdered. Most notably, Paulie in the eighth missed one he never misses. Just yesterday he put it in the left field seats.

Jake continues his terrific year. This reminds me of years past when we couldn't get Mark support, or more recently Danks. The Tigers werent getting Verlander support for a while, but that has ended (see tonight).

Tribe walks off, and the lowly horse**** flubs knock us out of first. Man that stings, and its ****ing embarassing. The entire team has decided not to hit all of the sudden. :scratch: and one more for emphasis :scratch:

Jollyroger2
06-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Wow. Lost two at home, one in a blowout and one in a tight one. Can't score runs against arguably the worst team in baseball. Disgraceful.

What a laughable mess. First place...lol. What a sorry division.

Viva Medias B's
I can't believe they let Hudson bat in the 9th. WHY ROBIN WHY???

arKnaD7
I believe that clinches the 5th straight series lost :angry:

ElevenUp
06-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Mother****ing mother****er! That is all I have to say after that piece of **** game. Jake deserved better than that horse**** effort from the rest of the team.

esbrechtel
06-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Ouch. That's all there is to say...

PalehosePlanet
06-19-2012, 11:00 PM
As bad as Hudson has been, why hasn't Dan Johnson been getting some starts at the hot corner in Charlotte?

Dan Johnson has always been a 1B/OF.

That being said, I think he should be on the team because we need a lefty pinch hitter. He has experience in that role.

Viva Medias B's
This is the absolute low point of the season...so far. We need to be placated with Hudson's head rolling down 35th Street.

Frater Perdurabo
Pitiful performance.

Damn historians and their thread titles :cool:

Had to bring something to the game; the Sox sure didn't.

guillensdisciple
Wow. Lost two at home, one in a blowout and one in a tight one. Can't score runs against arguably the worst team in baseball. Disgraceful.

What a laughable mess. First place...lol. What a sorry division.

Don't worry, that noise you hear is the tigers coming in right behind us.

The white sox have an awesome back up plan if they lose. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year after all. I have a feeling Kenny an jerry will use that.

delben91
This thread will be epic.

:popcorn:

Soxman219
06-19-2012, 11:01 PM
No longer in 1st.

Possibly could get swept tomorrow.

Floyd, who has been HORRID, takes the mound to salvage the series.

Good luck.:(:

amsteel
Before anyone goes too far over the edge, remember, this is exactly the team we expected preseason, and the same team we have seen for about 9 of the 12 weeks this season.

Don't be surprised when the team we saw in April shows up in June, July, August, etc.

cv sox fan
they can release hudson tonight ! Was at last nights debacle do we ever bunt to move runners? these guys look like there just going thru the motions.Not happy with Ventura lately common 169 hitter with 2 outs.

Viva Medias B's
06-19-2012, 11:02 PM
The way Peavy was screaming in the 3rd, I'm shocked he didn't go Zambrano on Hudson in the dugout.

WhiteSox5187

That being said, I think he should be on the team because we need a lefty pinch hitter. He has experience in that role.

And Hudson has always been a second baseman. Didn't stop us from putting him out at third.

Frater Perdurabo

He played a few games at third for the Rays. I'm not saying he's a long-term option. But he might be better overall than Hudson.

WhiteSox5187
06-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Before anyone goes too far over the edge, remember, this is exactly the team we expected preseason, and the same team we have seen for about 9 of the 12 weeks this season.

Don't be surprised when the team we saw in April shows up in June, July, August, etc.

That's a good point. This is at best a mediocre team that had a real good month of May. What is frightening is that Kenny Williams is in charge of personnel decisions and might try to be a buyer.

Soxman219
06-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Poor Peavy. Two games in a row where he gets NO run support. Ridiculous.

Frater Perdurabo
06-19-2012, 11:05 PM
And Hudson has always been a second baseman. Didn't stop us from putting him out at third.

And he's a known quantity. He was released by the Padres, and now he's sucking with the Sox. Improving now would be a triumph of hope over experience.

mahagga73
06-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Unacceptable, part II.

Brutal. Absolutely ****** brutal. You didn't like the home crowds before, Kenny? Just wait, *******.
He'll be lucky if they fill the first row if they get swept by this little league team.Hudson experiment is over,his laziness and fielding have cost them at least 2 games , the one where he was unwilling to block the ball at third a couple weeks ago and olayed it into a game losing error, and this hot dog bs lob shot tonight.

LITTLE NELL
06-19-2012, 11:06 PM

I for one picked them for 85 wins but Danks being on the extended DL and Floyd and Humber throwing Home Run Derby makes it look like 85 wins might be a stretch. I still think the team can hit, not as great as they were in May but not as bad as they are right now.

WhiteSox5187
06-19-2012, 11:06 PM
And he's a known quantity. He was released by the Padres, and now he's sucking with the Sox. Improving now would be a triumph of hope over experience.

That's always been Kenny's MO though, take other team's garbage and hope he can catch lightening in a bottle. Sometimes it works, of late though...not so much.

TheOldRoman
06-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Mind boggling. I counted 5 hangers, absolute meatballs, that Sox hitters fouled away tonight. Just a few short games ago, these balls were getting murdered. Most notably, Paulie in the eighth missed one he never misses. Just yesterday he put it in the left field seats.

Jake continues his terrific year. This reminds me of years past when we couldn't get Mark support, or more recently Danks. The Tigers werent getting Verlander support for a while, but that has ended (see tonight).

Tribe walks off, and the lowly horse**** flubs knock us out of first. Man that stings, and its ****ing embarassing. The entire team has decided not to hit all of the sudden. :scratch: and one more for emphasis :scratch:Paul has been pretty bad since the team decided to start playing like garbage. His average is still high due to singles, but he done jack **** in the clutch and barely any doubles or homers. .400 dropped down to .357 in a hurry.

The entire offense should be made to line up and have Peavy go down the line, kicking each one of them in the balls for this shameful performance. Facing a mediocre-at-best pitcher, then some garbage in the bullpen and they did jack ****. Orlando Hudson should be released. His bat has been atrocious and he has huge defensive gaffes. Let Escobar/Lillibridge fight it out for that spot or scrounge the waiver wire for someone else to hopefully catch lightning in a bottle, but it is clear that Hudson shouldn't be playing pro baseball anymore.

Lip Man 1
06-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Peavy should sue for lack of support.

9th game this year the Sox lost when allowing three runs or less.

Another home loss to another garbage team.

That's 11 losses in the last 16 games... all started by blowing a sure win against a bad Seattle club.

I agree...you think attendance is bad now? Wait until they unload some folks for prospects.

Disgusting.

Lip

Boondock Saint
06-19-2012, 11:08 PM

It's not, though. Rios and Dunn started playing as was expected of them when they were acquired, Peavy is having a comeback player of the year kind of season, Chris Sale is pitching better than could be expected, Viciedo went on a tear, Konerko was on an MVP tear, etc.

Other guys have fallen apart, but this is is a much better team than we expected.

DumpJerry
Better keep Jake away from sharp objects in the Clubhouse tonight.....

Frater Perdurabo
That's a good point. This is at best a mediocre team that had a real good month of May. What is frightening is that Kenny Williams is in charge of personnel decisions and might try to be a buyer.

I can never bring myself to root for the Sox to lose. I want them to play well and win the division.

But if they are going to tank, it's better to do so now, rather than build false hope and have KW overpay from our bare cupboard of prospects just to get an over-the-hill veteran who won't really help, like Everett, Alomar, Manny or Griffey.

mahagga73
06-19-2012, 11:09 PM
This team sucks. We lost a series at home to the ****ing Cubs. This is why attendance blows. I'm going to be in Chicago in two weeks for the first time in two years and I can only bring myself to see one game in person.
think about this a minute,the Flubs lose nearly 2/3 of their games,almost 80 percent on the road and our Sox are on the verge of being swept by them.

FielderJones
06-19-2012, 11:09 PM
This thread will be epic.

Mantoball is as streaky as Walkerball. Bad approach to a bunch of bad pitchers. The hot bats and winning streak -- just fools gold.

(Did I hit all the cliches?)

Viva Medias B's
06-19-2012, 11:10 PM
think about this a minute,the Flubs lose nearly 2/3 of their games,almost 80 percent on the road and our Sox are on the verge of being swept by them.

And with Floyd going tomorrow, that could happen.

TheOldRoman
06-19-2012, 11:12 PM
That's always been Kenny's MO though, take other team's garbage and hope he can catch lightening in a bottle. Sometimes it works, of late though...not so much.That's always been every GM's MO for about the past 30 years. Guys are released and picked up by other teams all the time. As for it not working so much lately, you might want to look at the kid the who apparently sucked his way out of the Yankees system and has been pitching in Danks' spot.

tstrike2000
Mantoball is as streaky as Walkerball. Bad approach to a bunch of bad pitchers. The hot bats and winning streak -- just fools gold.

(Did I hit all the cliches?)

There's really no need for cliches. When our backs are against a wall, we put our pants on one leg at a time, just like everyone else.

amsteel
It's not, though. Rios and Dunn started playing as was expected of them when they were acquired, Peavy is having a comeback player of the year kind of season, Chris Sale is pitching better than could be expected, Viciedo went on a tear, Konerko was on an MVP tear, etc.

Other guys have fallen apart, but this is is a much better team than we expected.

How they're flirting with 0.500 doesn't change the fact that they're flirting with 0.500.

EdHerman12
Does anyone know what our batting average is against lefties? Seems like we cannot hit off any left handed pitchers...That loss Sunday....geez has damaged the psyche of this team...BIG time...Better get it togerther or else they'll be down in the standings looking up...

TheOldRoman
06-19-2012, 11:13 PM
I can never bring myself to root for the Sox to lose. I want them to play well and win the division.

But if they are going to tank, it's better to do so now, rather than build false hope and have KW overpay from our bare cupboard of prospects just to get an over-the-hill veteran who won't really help, like Everett, Alomar, Manny or Griffey.Everett played a crucial roll in the team winning the World Series and the Sox don't win the division in 2008 if Swisher's douche ass was playing everyday down the stretch instead of Griffey.

GoGoCrede
06-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Tuesday is when a bunch of my TV shows are on so I could only catch a bit of this game. The positive I'm seeing is that Jake is still doing so well and I'm really happy for him. I know it would have been nice for him to get a W, but at this point I'm glad he's proving to fans that he can bounce back. Is he allowed to speak his mind now?

That's about it, not going to give the gleeful Cub fan lurkers anything to laugh at.

guillensdisciple
I still think trading the vets who have been performing for talent is the best thing to do. Mediocrity sucks. And we're not even mediocre.

Lip Man 1
The "space cadet" goes for the Sox tomorrow...God help us.

Lip

guillensdisciple
06-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Tuesday is when a bunch of my TV shows are on so I could only catch a bit of this game. The positive I'm seeing is that Jake is still doing so well and I'm really happy for him. I know it would have been nice for him to get a W, but at this point I'm glad he's proving to fans/critics/detractors that he can bounce back. That's about it, not going to give the gleeful Cub fan lurkers anything to laugh at.

Lol, they're the worst team in baseball. They're just funny to look at with those blue hats.

Frater Perdurabo
06-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Everett played a crucial roll in the team winning the World Series and the Sox don't win the division in 2008 if Swisher's douche ass was playing everyday down the stretch instead of Griffey.

Yes, Everett had a nice 2005, but ultimately he didn't help in 2003 or 2004. I'm not ripping on Everett or Griffey. I'm ripping on KW's tendency to overpay for declining veterans.

Lip Man 1
06-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Five of the Sox last six losses have all been by one or two runs.

Gotta LOVE that clutch hitting! Don't stop now boys.

Sox are 7-10 in one run games...
Sox are 4-9 in two run games...
Sox are 1-4 in extra inning games...

That's a division winning record right there!

Lip

Boondock Saint
06-19-2012, 11:21 PM
How they're flirting with 0.500 doesn't change the fact that they're flirting with 0.500.

They were eight over .500 about six weeks ago, and have been over .500 since then.

Viva Medias B's
06-19-2012, 11:24 PM
If Hudson is in the lineup tomorrow, I'll wonder what Ventura is thinking.

SephClone89
06-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka
Peavy becomes the 7th pitcher since 2000 with multiple 75+ game score losses in a season.

10:19 PM - 19 Jun 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry® (https://twitter.com/ckamka/status/215282605501841408)

Jake Peavy just doesn't know how to find a way to win!!!

Lip Man 1
06-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Seph:

Serious question. What the hell does that tweet mean?

Lip

BigKlu59
06-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Let me pull up my barstool and pontificate and purge with the rest of you wounded Winston Churchill's.. Never give up!!.. Hey barkeep, fill me schooner..

Well well.. did these guys suddenly lose their batting eye? They cant seem to level off on anything since leaving La La Land.. I agree on the lack of bunting either to get on or for a sacrifice.. Lost fundamental, I presume.

Hudson really has been at the wrong place at the wrong time lately.. That magnifying glass is burning a hole in his britches.. ****ed up toss, but I agree Pauly had a brainfart on that one as well.. Touch the bag, dont lunge for the runner..

Speaking of PK ... Whats with the 1st pitch swinging with men on... Run up the count and bring more beads of sweat to the brow of a suspect Cubbie bull pen.. He had just walked Donkey, play your hand..

Sucks for Jake.... When one of your 2 stoppers cant buy a win it doesnt bode well in Palehoseville..

Go get them tomorrow.. Its the damn Cubs.. They will self destruct if you let them... Dont give them any cheapies...

BK59

Lip Man 1
06-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Viva:

Well who else does he have? The .160 hitting Lillibridge?

Is Teahan available?

Lip

AnkleSox
06-19-2012, 11:33 PM
This team is a barely mediocre team that had a hot streak, that's it. 5 Series losses in a row, one to the Cubs at home.

Floyd pitches tomorrow, and the Cubs probably see a sweep of the Sox at the Cell as the only positive to their season, so I fully expect Gavin to to have a line of about 3 IP, 7 ER, 5 BB, 1 K, 3 HR.

I seriously would have preferred a laughably terrible season with some hope for the future than this tease. But the Sox front office is still milking a World Series victory that's almost a decade ago and asking for a pass on mediocrity.

slavko
06-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Better keep Jake away from sharp objects in the Clubhouse tonight.....

Like the pinheads in the lineup? Noticed the Cubs have a bunch of long-haired pitchers, but we have the answer for tomorrow: Floyd The Barber!

mahagga73
06-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Does anyone know what our batting average is against lefties? Seems like we cannot hit off any left handed pitchers...That loss Sunday....geez has damaged the psyche of this team...BIG time...Better get it togerther or else they'll be down in the standings looking up...
Aren't they like 3-14 or something this year against lefties?It seems like this has been the case for years.

SephClone89
06-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Seph:

Serious question. What the hell does that tweet mean?

Lip

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Game_Score

Frater Perdurabo
Good thing the bullpen got rested tonight, right?

Lip Man 1
Ankle:

If you go into a rebuilding mode or as you said any situation with "some hope for the future" you have to have the right guy in charge of it.

I don't think Kenny is that guy myself.

Lip

Lip Man 1
06-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Seph:

Thank you for responding. After reading that summery I can only say:

http://hauntingthunder.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/mr-gumby.jpg

"my brain hurts..."

So I'll just let it go.

Lip

mahagga73
06-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Ankle:

If you go into a rebuilding mode or as you said any situation with "some hope for the future" you have to have the right guy in charge of it.

I don't think Kenny is that guy myself.

Lip
He could be GM in charge of excuses,that's what he really excels at.

BigKlu59
06-19-2012, 11:40 PM
He could be GM in charge of excuses,that's what he really excels at.

No, That title was held by Bob Pulford... Kenny doesnt have any rabbits left in his hat.. Time for the circus to leave town..

BK59

mahagga73
06-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Viva:

Is Teahan available?

Lip
Teahen is looking like Babe Ruth comparatively to the bums they have now.

BigKlu59
06-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Teahen is looking like Babe Ruth comparatively to the bums they have now.

We have a Babe Ruth batting 3rd..Of course its on the par of the Boston Braves Babe Ruth, but a Babe Ruth clone no less...

BK59

Viva Medias B's
Viva:

Is Teahan available?

Lip

Call up the guy in Charlotte. That would be a lateral move at worst.

mahagga73
No, That title was held by Bob Pulford... Kenny doesnt have any rabbits left in his hat.. Time for the circus to leave town..

BK59
He has just been here to long.It worked to start ,gave us the thrill of a lifetime in 05.But they need a guy in here to rebuild the system into something self sustaining like the Rays or something. This getting veterans enough to finish .500 every year is going nowhere.

TheOldRoman
06-19-2012, 11:45 PM
He could be GM in charge of excuses,that's what he really excels at.And you can be grammar coach.

mahagga73
06-19-2012, 11:46 PM
If Hudson is in the lineup tomorrow, I'll wonder what Ventura is thinking.
I'm in favor of Robin being player manager and taking back his 3rd base spot.He could probably still exceed the awesome power numbers and average of Morel and Hudson.

TheOldRoman
06-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Yes, Everett had a nice 2005, but ultimately he didn't help in 2003 or 2004. I'm not ripping on Everett or Griffey. I'm ripping on KW's tendency to overpay for declining veterans.The only somewhat respectable player the Sox gave up in any of those three trades was Nick Massett, and he sucked while he was here.

mahagga73
06-19-2012, 11:47 PM
And you can be grammar coach.
what is it with you and my grammar professor?This is not english class ,it's a sports forum ,so ###@

JB98
06-19-2012, 11:49 PM
This stretch of bad ball is starting to get out of hand. That's 10 losses in the last 14 games. I've been seething with anger at this team since they dropped that first game against Los Angeles, but honestly, it's my own damn fault for allowing my expectations to get too high.

The Sox had a stretch earlier this year where they dropped 15 out of 22. I always hate to lose, but during that earlier period of bad ball I wasn't this angry. I just shrugged and thought, "Yeah, this team blows." Then, they had that great run for two weeks, and I allowed myself to think they might surprise me and be good this year.

Boy, was I ever wrong. We're about 10 weeks into the season, and basically, the Sox played great for two weeks and either mediocre or bad for the other eight weeks. This team is what its record says it is -- 35-33, very mediocre and capable of losing to anybody. It's time for me to lower my expectations back down to April levels.

SoxSpeed22
06-19-2012, 11:52 PM
This isn't yesterday, trying to hit home runs all game, when the wind was blowing in is what carried a AAAA pitcher like Wood to a good outing.

BigKlu59
06-19-2012, 11:53 PM
This stretch of bad ball is starting to get out of hand. That's 10 losses in the last 14 games. I've been seething with anger at this team since they dropped that first game against Los Angeles, but honestly, it's my own damn fault for allowing my expectations to get too high.

The Sox had a stretch earlier this year where they dropped 15 out of 22. I always hate to lose, but during that earlier period of bad ball I wasn't this angry. I just shrugged and thought, "Yeah, this team blows." Then, they had that great run for two weeks, and I allowed myself to think they might surprise me and be good this year.

Boy, was I ever wrong. We're about 10 weeks into the season, and basically, the Sox played great for two weeks and either mediocre or bad for the other eight weeks. This team is what its record says it is -- 35-33, very mediocre and capable of losing to anybody. It's time for me to lower my expectations back down to April levels.

Hey Barkeep... Get my buddy a schooner on me.... and throw in a bag of beer nuts whilst you are at it.. Ahhh.., the trials and tribulations of being a White Sox fan..

BK59

Viva Medias B's
06-19-2012, 11:56 PM
According to Score reporter David Schuster, Peavy made some sort of back-handed compliment about Hudson to the media tonight. I don't know what it was.

GoGoCrede
06-19-2012, 11:57 PM
According to Score reporter David Schuster, Peavy made some sort of back-handed compliment about Hudson to the media tonight. I don't know what it was.

Run him outta town. Just pitch!!!!11eleven

sox1970
06-19-2012, 11:59 PM

http://twitter.com/CST_soxvan/status/215280861250195457

Viva Medias B's
06-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Hudson has to go. We can't do any worse with Lillibridge, Morel, Escobar, or Johnson there.

GoGoCrede
http://twitter.com/CST_soxvan/status/215280861250195457

Yeah, that's pretty tame. It's kind of a Captain Obvious view of the game.

Zakath
Seph:

Thank you for responding. After reading that summery I can only say:

http://hauntingthunder.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/mr-gumby.jpg

"my brain hurts..."

So I'll just let it go.

Lip

Peavy's game score for tonight was 50 + 27 (outs) + 10 (2 per inning after the 4th) + 5 (strikeouts) - 10 (5 hits) - 4 (1 earned run) - 2 (1 unearned run) - 1 (1 walk) = 75

I'd imagine the 1-0 loss to Boston earlier was the other game where his game score was 75 or over and he lost (his score that night was 81; 9 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K).

Zakath
06-20-2012, 12:05 AM

.233 coming into the night, which was 24th in MLB. Pretty sad considering our lineup is loaded with right-handed hitters.

.262 vs. right-handers, which was 11th.

Lip Man 1
06-20-2012, 12:11 AM
Zakath:

For the past few years (at least five in my opinion) basically any soft tossing left hander gets this team out. I thought (and still do to a certain extent) that it was the "home run or nothing" attitude plus Greg Walker.

Walker's gone now but that all or nothing philosophy I think still remains somewhat. That and the fact that the past few years the Sox haven't exactly been the 27 Yankees with the bat.

Hell they haven't even been the 00 White Sox in that regard. But that's a talent issue isn't it?

(and again after seeing your formula break down, "my brain hurts..." :D:)

Rogers weighs in... evokes Buehrle:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0620-rogers-city-series-chicago--20120620,0,2642783.column

Not sure exactly what his point is though, starting pitching is one of only a series of issues with this club (although it is a big one...)

Lip

tstrike2000
06-20-2012, 12:39 AM
I think even Dallas McPherson would be an upgrade over Hudson.

At this point I'd be willing to try almost anyone from Dallas, Texas.

Blueprint1
06-20-2012, 12:56 AM
The hittiing blows right now. Now that Konerko is not hitting .400 this is what we have.

thomas35forever
06-20-2012, 01:04 AM
Can someone tell our bats to wake up? They're not a very good compliment to our rotation lately. Please win tomorrow so we have some sort of pride as the crosstown series draws to a close. I'm getting that familiar frustrating feeling watching this team again.

Nellie_Fox
06-20-2012, 01:36 AM

(Did I hit all the cliches?)No, you forgot the dreadful "corpseball."

hawkjt
06-20-2012, 02:04 AM
I honestly think they are still hung over from that Dodger series,and specifically, that blown win on Sunday when their manager lost his nerve and choked away a win by removing Quintana. The whole attitude coming into this series with a fresh bullpen would have been completely different if Robin leaves Jose in that game.

Bats have been silenced since the Blue Jays pitchers shut them down.

Sucks. Win tomorrow.

SCCWS
06-20-2012, 08:47 AM
I honestly think they are still hung over from that Dodger series,and specifically, that blown win on Sunday when their manager lost his nerve and choked away a win by removing Quintana. The whole attitude coming into this series with a fresh bullpen would have been completely different if Robin leaves Jose in that game.

Sucks. Win tomorrow.

You can't "honestly" think that........................ I hope. Now if you said jetlag........................

delben91
06-20-2012, 08:55 AM
I still think trading the vets who have been performing for talent is the best thing to do. Mediocrity sucks. And we're not even mediocre.

This team is what its record says it is -- 35-33, very mediocre and capable of losing to anybody. It's time for me to lower my expectations back down to April levels.

Well color me confused. For 3 whole pages there I was operating with the knowledge that the Sox weren't even mediocre, but now they are indeed mediocre and in fact very mediocre? How am I supposed to know at what level to root for this team if I don't even have a clear idea of the level of mediocrity?!?!?

:scratch::?:

IronFisk
06-20-2012, 09:13 AM

Sucks. Win tomorrow.

Psychologically I can believe this. A win Sunday would have been a huge boost (taking 2 of 3 against the best). Not really buying the "fresh" bullpen claim, but wins and losses can be contagious.

SI1020
06-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Game score is a stat I like.

cub killer
06-20-2012, 10:17 AM
So after we swept them at their house in 1999, it took them 8 years to respond. Now after we Wrigley swept again this year, their response may take just a coupla weeks.

TomBradley72
06-20-2012, 11:04 AM
I just think the overall lack of depth in the organization is catching up with us- our 3rd basemen's offense is < Washington Nationals pitchers, we only have 3 reliable starters- and we've lost their last 3 starts (Sale, Quintana, Peavy), and zero depth in the minors to help us (either as call ups or trade bait).

On top of that our bench is mediocre- and that pushes Robin to overuse the starters- I think we can still stay slightly above .500 for the year- but I'd guess the Tigers will overtake us.

DrCrawdad
06-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Why didn't the Sox - and why don't the Sox - bring up Dan Johnson to play 3rd?

Lip Man 1
06-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Tom:

If the Sox can finish with 83 wins, Robin should get manager of the year in my book.

Lip