PDA

View Full Version : Sox offer specially priced tickets for next weekend series against Milwaukee

doublem23
06-15-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm noticing a lot of the early season deals on Stubhub are disappearing, which I guess is probably a good sign that either STH are going to more games or there is greater demand on the secondary market to see the Sox.

The Sox are offering some specially priced tickets through Ticketmaster for next weekend's series: $14 for Upper Reserved sections 506-509 and 555-558 or $35 for Lower Reserved Sections 100-108 and 156-159. The deals are pretty comparable to what I'm seeing on StubHub (at least for Friday's game, which is the one I'm going to) and are available directly from the Sox through Ticketmaster.

Brian26
06-15-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm noticing a lot of the early season deals on Stubhub are disappearing, which I guess is probably a good sign that either STH are going to more games or there is greater demand on the secondary market to see the Sox.

The Sox are offering some specially priced tickets through Ticketmaster for next weekend's series: $14 for Upper Reserved sections 506-509 and 555-558 or $35 for Lower Reserved Sections 100-108 and 156-159. The deals are pretty comparable to what I'm seeing on StubHub (at least for Friday's game, which is the one I'm going to) and are available directly from the Sox through Ticketmaster.

I was curious what kind of deal this is. Now, Milwaukee was originally deemed a "Premier" series on the schedule. For the Upper Deck Sections you mentioned, originally posted prices were $26 for "Premier" games. The outfield seats you mentioned (basically everything except the bleachers in LCF) were priced at $50 for the "Premier" series.

Those are decent prices, but what kind of deal are you really getting? For "Regular" prices, the Upper Deck Sections are $14 on the original schedule and the outfield seats are $35.

In essense, the Sox are taking off the "Premier" label on these games and making them "Regular". It's a nice gesture, and maybe a little tail-between-the-legs on the part of the Sox. It's probably not completely fair to season ticket holders, but the horse is out of the barn on that already.

Wedema
06-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Where are the deals on the Cub games as there are so many "great seats still available"?

DumpJerry
06-15-2012, 09:20 PM

I had all three Brewer games on Stubhub since early April for slightly above my face value which is $46. The Friday game was sold. A friend asked to buy the Saturday game, so I sold it to him and I took the Sunday game off StubHub when I learned that Dick Allen would be throwing out the first pitch.

When I first saw this series on the schedule, I thought it would be a good opportunity to get Cub-like sales (this year I got $100 per ticket for the Cubs, an all-time low), but when I saw what was listed and what was sold, I realized that my best chance at a sale was to get close to my face value. I guess Brewer fans feel going to games at Wrigley satisfies their interest in seeing The Crew in Chicago.....

SephClone89
06-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Yeah, the super-cheap StubHub deals seem to mostly be gone. I actually found considerably better deals with codes. Coming back to IL for the TCM bobblehead next month.

keloms
06-16-2012, 03:24 AM
I'm on Stubhub's mailing list which sends out a weekly list of the 100 top searched events / tours and the Sox have had consistent placement all year.

April 3 - April 10, 2012: 32nd (17th MLB team)

April 10 - April 17, 2012: 21st (12th MLB team)
April 17 - April 24, 2012: 33rd (15th MLB team)

May 8 - May 15, 2012: 37th (15th MLB team)
May 15 - 22, 2012: 41st (15th MLB team)
May 29 - June 7, 2012: 26th (12th MLB team)
June 5 - June 14, 2012: 29th (16th MLB team)

The order fluctuates each week, but, ahead of them usually are Yankees, Rangers, Phillies, Cards, Cubs, Mets, Dodgers, Braves, Orioles, Twins, Giants, Nationals, and then they usually go back and forth with Reds, Brewers, and Marlins.

kevingrt
06-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Yeah, the super-cheap StubHub deals seem to mostly be gone. I actually found considerably better deals with codes. Coming back to IL for the TCM bobblehead next month.

The reason many Stubhub deals are going by the wayside is because the season ticket holder base is so low and many of them have decided to just go to the games now. If you look at the team like the Cubs with a HUGE STH base there are always great deals to be had.

doublem23
06-16-2012, 08:50 AM
The reason many Stubhub deals are going by the wayside is because the season ticket holder base is so low and many of them have decided to just go to the games now. If you look at the team like the Cubs with a HUGE STH base there are always great deals to be had.

Its demand, when the Cubs aren't a joke, there's few deals to be had.

I doubt the Cubs season ticket base of actual fans is much bigger than the Sox, they just have a lot more ticket brokers with plans hoping its an investment (which, again, does pay off when they're halfway decent)

Quentin08
06-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Why not offer specially priced tickets for the remainder of the season all in honor of Harold Baines and his #.