PDA

View Full Version : Pulling for the Cubs...

ja1022
06-13-2012, 11:36 AM
I can honestly say I have never wanted the Cubs to win before this series with Detroit.

I'm very conflicted.....I feel dirty...

CHISOXFAN13
06-13-2012, 11:39 AM
I can honestly say I have never wanted the Cubs to win before this series with Detroit.

I'm very conflicted.....I feel dirty...

You've never cheered for them in other Interleague series against AL Cental foes?

I don't understand why this is a hard concept for Sox fans. I want my team to go to the playoffs. Period.

chisoxfanatic
06-13-2012, 11:56 AM
I don't feel dirty. It's more rooting against the other teams in the division than rooting for the Cubs.

guillensdisciple
06-13-2012, 11:58 AM
I'll agree with fanatic. The cubs mean nothing to me. The same way every team in the bigs means nothing to me. Why should I be conflicted when I really only want al central rivals to lose. The sooner sox fans get over this complex and just treat them like everyone else, the better our fan hood will be. And the more cubs fans will bicker. After our world series win that's all they've been doing anyway.

Hitmen77
06-13-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't feel dirty. It's more rooting against the other teams in the division than rooting for the Cubs.

Yep. This is how I feel every year when the Cubs play our division rivals. This year, it's even easier since the Cubs are so bad that they have no chance at the post-season.

WisSoxFan
06-13-2012, 12:36 PM
I think you're looking at it the wrong way. You're not "rooting for the Cubs," rather you're "rooting against the Tigers." A subtle difference, but a difference nonetheless.

doublem23
06-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Can't everyone lose?

DrCrawdad
06-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Go Cubbies!
Cheer expires tomorrow at the conclusion of the Cubs vs Tigers series.

asindc
06-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Go Cubbies!
Cheer expires tomorrow at the conclusion of the Cubs vs Tigers series.

I approve of this message.

soxinem1
06-13-2012, 02:42 PM

Exactly. It is all about our own selfishness in pursuit of a playoff spot, and nothing more.

So as bad as it sounds, go cubs!

LITTLE NELL
06-13-2012, 03:44 PM
OK if the Cubs sweep them, just a little bump in the road on their way to 100 losses.

Foulke You
06-13-2012, 05:07 PM
No confusion for me. I want the Cubs to win all 3 against Detroit or any other AL Central team that is close to us. We can go back to loathing the Cubs on Monday when they come to 35th & Shields.

SOXPHILE
06-13-2012, 05:16 PM
It is weird, and I can see it being a bit hard to do in a year the Cubs might be doing good themselves. But in a year like this, when the Cubs are so far below .500 they need a bathsphere, and are hilariously bad, it's pretty easy to do. Like others have said, not rooting for the Cubs, just hoping the Tiggers lose. Stringing together two or three wins against Detroit isn't going to change the Cubs season in a postive way, they are still going to continue to have one of the worst if not the worst record in MLB. However, a couple of losses affects the Tiggers a lot more. It pushes them a little further under .500, a little further back in the Central Division, giving the Sox more breathing room.

hawkjt
06-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Whatever is good for the Sox,is good for the Sox...Go Cubs!

Tragg
06-13-2012, 06:20 PM
How could a Sox fan NOT pull for the Cubs against AL teams? Does even the biggest cub-hater believe that the Cubs winning 68 games of 65 is preferable to 3 games in the standings for the Sox?

SephClone89
06-13-2012, 07:41 PM
I don't even hate the Cubs, so yeah. Who cares.

#1swisher
06-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Anyone know where I can buy a W flag?

voodoochile
06-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Yeah I've even been known to root for the Yankees too from time to time and that's a **** of a lot harder to do...

#1swisher
06-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Chicago CSN

Andy Richter gets ready to throw out the first pitch at today's game, tune in on CSN!

LITTLE NELL
06-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Anyone know where I can buy a W flag?

Very hard to find, they don't make many of them.

Hitmen77
06-15-2012, 02:24 PM
LaHair "irked" by all the Tigers fans at Wrigley. According to the Trib, "by some estimates" the crowd was about 75% Tigers fans.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-wrigley-fans-cheering-for-tigers-irks-lahair-20120615,0,4831762.story

kittle42
06-15-2012, 02:34 PM
LaHair "irked" by all the Tigers fans at Wrigley. According to the Trib, "by some estimates" the crowd was about 75% Tigers fans.

Boo-****ing-hoo. Same **** at the Cell, since every ****er from Michigan likes to move here.

If it's any solace to LaHair, the same *******s will be at Wrigley the rest of the season, but dressed in Cubs gear.

Of course the real telling thing is in the headline..."Wrigley fans," which is all Cubs fans that aren't originally from Chicago.

gobears1987
06-15-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm rooting for Boston this weekend. That makes me feel dirty.

LITTLE NELL
06-15-2012, 03:25 PM

Can they both lose.

PatK
06-15-2012, 04:25 PM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-wrigley-fans-cheering-for-tigers-irks-lahair-20120615,0,4831762.story

Comedian/actor Jeff Garlin yelled "Lemme tell ya something, you Tigers fans suck" after doing the 7th inning stretch yesterday.

The same Jeff Garlin that a couple of years ago said the difference between Sox fans and Cubs fans is that Sox fans have no class and are obsessed with the Cubs, while the Cubs fans don't care about the Sox. And following it up with the same tired arguments like attendance and national audience to show how they are the better team. Because that's what you do when you don't care about something.

Another douchebag Cubs fan celebrity

kittle42
06-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Comedian/actor Jeff Garlin yelled "Lemme tell ya something, you Tigers fans suck" after doing the 7th inning stretch yesterday.

Well, he got that part right.

bigsoxfan420
06-15-2012, 05:06 PM

The same Jeff Garlin that a couple of years ago said the difference between Sox fans and Cubs fans is that Sox fans have no class and are obsessed with the Cubs, while the Cubs fans don't care about the Sox. And following it up with the same tired arguments like attendance and national audience to show how they are the better team. Because that's what you do when you don't care about something.

I like Jeff Garlin. Not sure where you read these comments, but Jeff is a comedian so maybe he was being facetious and/or trying to piss of Sox fans? Either way, I like that he actually tried to say something funny when performing that tired tradition of poorly singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". He also told the crowd "I don't need to hear you, since there is no way you'll be louder than me".

PatK
06-15-2012, 05:10 PM
I like Jeff Garlin. Not sure where you read these comments, but Jeff is a comedian so maybe he was being facetious and/or trying to piss of Sox fans? Either way, I like that he actually tried to say something funny when performing that tired tradition of poorly singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". He also told the crowd "I don't need to hear you, since there is no way you'll be louder than me".

He said them during a Cubs broadcast. I've heard him do it in interviews as well.

RadioheadRocks
06-15-2012, 09:16 PM

He can kiss the World Series ring on my big fat middle finger.

PWNED

jdm2662
06-15-2012, 09:23 PM
I don't even know who Jeff Garlin is.

DrCrawdad
06-15-2012, 09:29 PM

Exactly!

RadioheadRocks
06-15-2012, 10:14 PM

The two teams with the biggest sheep fan bases... let's just hope they cancel each other out this weekend. :cool: