PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 'We'll Tank That' TOR vs SOX 6/7 Post Game Thread

soxinem1
06-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Yes!!! Clutch hit to win it by Hudson..

Good games by Paulie and Rios with the bat.

Now let's take it to the Astros!

Madvora
06-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Finally.

mccoydp
Good stuff :cool:

Frater Perdurabo
Good to avert the sweep. Now let's sweep Houston.

OmahaSoxFan
06-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Orlando with the walk-off single... nice win for the boys and more importantly they avoid the sweep at home and the lead in the AL Central is back to 1.5 games!

We will take it!!! :bandance:

ElevenUp
06-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Rios came up big tonight. Nice to get some separation on the Indians. Go get the Astros these next three!

soxinem1
06-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Orlando with the walk-off single... nice win for the boys and more importantly they avoid the sweep at home and the lead in the AL Central is back to 1.5 games!

We will take it!!! :bandance:

No, We'll 'Tank' it!! :D:

ChiSoxGal85
There's that Sox team that doesn't roll over and play dead! Not Jake's best performance, but enough to keep them in the game.

Glad to see Hudson get the walk-off after a couple of defensive mishaps.

SI1020
A nice comeback win that should be good for the psyche.

KnightSox
06-07-2012, 11:09 PM
We needed that, now we feast on Houston.

doublem23
A nice comeback win that should be good for the psyche.

Most definitely, good teams win games like this.

Nice to see the bats pick up Peavy after a just OK start

JB98
Thank goodness Konerko is back in there. Rios is swinging the bat well. Now, we just need to get The Big Donkey going again.

JB98
06-07-2012, 11:16 PM
This is the first walk-off win for the White Sox this season. It seems like these sorts of victories are rare for our club, so I looked up the numbers. Since 2009, the Sox have had only 15 walk-off wins. In contrast, Sox opponents have had 27 walk-off wins.

Feels good to be on the right side of one of these for a change.

guillensdisciple
06-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Good game to be at. Enjoyed it and never felt like the sox were out of it. Awesome seeing Hudson give us the win after a shady game from him. All in all back to 1.5 up and there is nothing wrong with that in my head. So long as we take it to the Astros we'll be good.

jdm2662
06-07-2012, 11:19 PM
This is the first walk-off win for the White Sox this season. It seems like these sorts of victories are rare for our club, so I looked up the numbers. Since 2009, the Sox have had only 15 walk-off wins. In contrast, Sox opponents have had 27 walk-off wins.

Yeah, walk-off wins have been very rare. Hell, I attended three of them in 2008, including one where they scored in the ninth and tenth.

Moses_Scurry
06-07-2012, 11:22 PM
I've been to one walk off game. The AJ 2005 game. Best game I've ever been to.

SoxSpeed22
06-07-2012, 11:22 PM
I missed wins like this. The pitching does enough, the defense is strong and despite how many bad breaks happened to us tonight, we managed to overcome them.
Let's put some distance during these interleague games.

Lip Man 1
06-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Jake kept them in the game and Hudson with a big hit to win it. OK...Sox don't get swept...that's big and pick up a game they had lost to Cleveland.

Now hammer Houston.

Lip

KMcMahon817
06-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Thank goodness Konerko is back in there. Rios is swinging the bat well. Now, we just need to get The Big Donkey going again.

Nice W. Glad to see Hudson get the big hit. He seemed relieved. He's had a rough week at the hot corner.

I agree on Adam, but he did get robbed of several hits in this series. The shift really got him and some great plays in the infield.

Tragg
06-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Haven't had a walk-off in a while.

Important win. Minimized the damage while not playing well. 1-2 isn't that bad.

I still don't understand the continued yanking of Konerko late in tied or one run games. I mean I know why he's doing it; I just hate to lose the bat if we don't score right then.

CoopaLoop
06-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Good thing O-Dog walked off. He was pretty embarrassing tonight before that.

Shoeless
06-07-2012, 11:42 PM
We needed that, now we feast on Houston.

And I get to watch it! BINGO!

cws05champ
06-07-2012, 11:46 PM

And it feels like at least 14 of those were Minnesota....

HomeFish
06-07-2012, 11:48 PM
I could tell that the Sox won this game because the postgame thread was only 2 pages long.

roylestillman
06-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Just got back from the game. Don't know if they showed it on the broadcast, but after the walk off scrum at first, A.J. chased Orlando off the field and down into the dugout tunnel. It was in fun, but AJ spent most of the game glaring at him down at third after all those goofy plays.

russ99
06-08-2012, 12:07 AM

Me too, that was such a great game.

Nice win. Now my two favorite teams play each other. If the Astros play well and don't get swept, I'll be happy.

CoopaLoop
06-08-2012, 12:09 AM

That was amazing. I think everyone in attendance that night just looked at each other and said this is the year.

TDog
06-08-2012, 12:13 AM
I missed wins like this. The pitching does enough, the defense is strong and despite how many bad breaks happened to us tonight, we managed to overcome them.
Let's put some distance during these interleague games.

The pitching matchups are interesting. The White Sox will face Wandy Rodriguez, who, as a rookie, lost Game 1 of the 2005 World Series and got the last out for Houston in the 14th inning of Game 3. Sunday they will face Lucas Harrell, a White Sox fourth-round draft pick in 2004 who started a few games for them in 2010. Harrell currently leads National League pitchers in starts, and some are better than others. Both have pitched in the Cell, and both may believe they have something to show the White Sox. Carlos Lee might believe he has something to prove, trading him to Milwaukee before the 2005 season, but he's on the disabled list.

It's interesting, too, that this weekend you also have a 2010 World Series matchup with the Rangers staying in the Bay Areas where the A's roughed them up, winning three of four, to face Giants who walked all over them to win their first San Francisco World Series. I wonder if that is a coincidence. Certainly, the Rangers-Giants series will get more national attention, though.

Tonight, yes. A great night at the ballpark, beating a team the White Sox sadly couldn't beat at home in October 19 years ago. The lineup is better with a healthy Konerko in it. Rios was the hitting star, driving in the first three runs, but the RBIs came after Konerko hits.

The key, it turned out, was keeping the Blue Jays from scoring the leadoff double, which they fundamentally pushed over to third with one out. It looked like the Jays even attempted a squeeze, but Jones worked out of it nicely. Another key was winning the game before Bautista came up again.

I saw the hit that ended the game. With Viciedo on third (I liked him tagging up with the score tied and the possibility of Rasmus ending the game with another error). I was just noticing that with Hudson up, the third baseman didn't have the luxury of playing back to minimize the hole between third and short when, boom, Hudson lined one to center. He made it look so easy. As soon as he hit it, you knew, even fro the bottom of the lineup, he had won the damn game.

Good thing. The White Sox didn't need to put their bullpen through another extra-inning game, especially with Toronto's lineup. Would have been a great night to be at the ballpark. Walk off wins are a blast. My first walk-off game came on a Carlos May walk, in 1971, I think. There were a couple of Joe Crede games, one a home run against the Tigers, of course. There was Wayne Nordhagen in the 1978 opener. Most of my White Sox games since 1978 have been road games, though, and the walk-offs in Oakland were quite unpleasant.

A great, well-played win. To read some of the comments, though, you would think the White Sox just came off a six- or eight-game losing streak.

TaylorStSox
06-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Rios is quietly having a great season with clutch hits. His defense has been excellent. He's dropped a couple balls, but he's also cut a ton off and held runners to singles a ton of times.

Tragg
06-08-2012, 12:28 AM
MLB.com for some reason doesn't have the 9th inning highlights online.

Drat

GoGoCrede
06-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Had a great night at the game with friends! My record this season remains undefeated. Really, a perfect night. I was joking to my friends that Danks would hit a walk off. It was topped off by running into my best friend on the el platform. Neither of us knew the other was at the game! I need to step up my bff game.

johnnyg83
06-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Rios hitting .290 is a delicious dream.

DumpJerry
06-08-2012, 12:40 AM
I almost got Rios' HR ball. I was visiting a friend who was sitting next to the Sox Bullpen. I was in the second row and the ball hit the padding on top of the wall less than ten feet in front me, bounced high over my head and landed about four row behind me. As soon as it left the bat, we knew it was gone.:D:

GoGoCrede
06-08-2012, 12:41 AM
I almost got Rios' HR ball. I was visiting a friend who was sitting next to the Sox Bullpen. I was in the second row and the ball hit the padding on top of the wall less than ten feet in front me, bounced high over my head and landed about four row behind me. As soon as it left the bat, we knew it was gone.:D:

Suuuuuure. No one else saw it but your friend. :tongue:

tstrike2000
06-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Great game. Things weren't looking good early, and neither did Orlando Hudson. However, it was great that Hudson redeemed himself to win the game. Tank tagging up on Bonesy's fly out, and Rios' homer both couldn't come at a better time. And I caught a foul ball from Brett Lawrie. Weather was beautiful. All in all a good night.

Hitmen77
06-08-2012, 12:58 AM

Nice win. Now my two favorite teams play each other. If the Astros play well and don't get swept, I'll be happy.

So, you're hoping that the Sox lose a game this weekend?

hawkjt
06-08-2012, 01:36 AM
Sorry,Russ, Sox are in first place and need every game. Astros are mired in the cellar and are going nowhere...why are you even here if you root for the Sox to lose a game?:?:

I really think that O-Dog has had some tough chances down at the hot corner lately,and anyone can mess those up...look at Rios's shot at the hotshot Jays 3rd sacker...cost them a run,but was ruled a hit.

I do think that when O-Dog hit town,that Twins columnist Souhan really put the evil word out on him around town, which Hudson heard about,and he has been very careful about trying to fit in on the team. I know that AJ got after him for some plays,but he seems to be very humble and quiet to this point. I like the guy's attitude so far. Glad he got a game winner..might take some pressure off of him.
I know he has been hitting poorly,but I still like having a switch hitter in there. Like tonite, I think it helps vs some righty pitchers..

Alex saved the day today,no doubt. Good to see vs his old team.
This was an important win. Now,they can go into the NL action with some momentum and good feelings. First up...Astros ...then Cards,then Dodgers,then Cubs then Brewers...go get'm,Sox!

DSpivack
06-08-2012, 01:38 AM
My first game of the season (as well as my first ever nacho helmet) ends on a walkoff hit. I had fun. :cool:

GoGoCrede
06-08-2012, 01:46 AM
My first game of the season (as well as my first ever nacho helmet) ends on a walkoff hit. I had fun. :cool:

Still need to find out where the Irish Nachos are hiding.

doublem23
06-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Still need to find out where the Irish Nachos are hiding.

I know the grill under the Fan Deck all the way out in Dead CF has them

pudge
06-08-2012, 06:16 AM
The pitching matchups are interesting. The White Sox will face Wandy Rodriguez, who, as a rookie, lost Game 1 of the 2005 World Series and got the last out for Houston in the 14th inning of Game 3. Sunday they will face Lucas Harrell, a White Sox fourth-round draft pick in 2004 who started a few games for them in 2010. Harrell currently leads National League pitchers in starts, and some are better than others. Both have pitched in the Cell, and both may believe they have something to show the White Sox. Carlos Lee might believe he has something to prove, trading him to Milwaukee before the 2005 season, but he's on the disabled list.

It's interesting, too, that this weekend you also have a 2010 World Series matchup with the Rangers staying in the Bay Areas where the A's roughed them up, winning three of four, to face Giants who walked all over them to win their first San Francisco World Series. I wonder if that is a coincidence. Certainly, the Rangers-Giants series will get more national attention, though.

Tonight, yes. A great night at the ballpark, beating a team the White Sox sadly couldn't beat at home in October 19 years ago. The lineup is better with a healthy Konerko in it. Rios was the hitting star, driving in the first three runs, but the RBIs came after Konerko hits.

The key, it turned out, was keeping the Blue Jays from scoring the leadoff double, which they fundamentally pushed over to third with one out. It looked like the Jays even attempted a squeeze, but Jones worked out of it nicely. Another key was winning the game before Bautista came up again.

I saw the hit that ended the game. With Viciedo on third (I liked him tagging up with the score tied and the possibility of Rasmus ending the game with another error). I was just noticing that with Hudson up, the third baseman didn't have the luxury of playing back to minimize the hole between third and short when, boom, Hudson lined one to center. He made it look so easy. As soon as he hit it, you knew, even fro the bottom of the lineup, he had won the damn game.

Good thing. The White Sox didn't need to put their bullpen through another extra-inning game, especially with Toronto's lineup. Would have been a great night to be at the ballpark. Walk off wins are a blast. My first walk-off game came on a Carlos May walk, in 1971, I think. There were a couple of Joe Crede games, one a home run against the Tigers, of course. There was Wayne Nordhagen in the 1978 opener. Most of my White Sox games since 1978 have been road games, though, and the walk-offs in Oakland were quite unpleasant.

A great, well-played win. To read some of the comments, though, you would think the White Sox just came off a six- or eight-game losing streak.

I doubt Wandy Rodriguez gives a crap about the '05 World Series, he was lucky to even be pitching. I cannot imagine Carlos Lee at this point seeing this as anything but another game. (Plus, isn't he on the DL?) Harrell okay maybe, since he was a recent draft pick. How do the '93 Blue Jays or the '93 Sox have anything to do with 2012? I agree with the final comment - the panic around here after a couple losses has been insane!

Chez
06-08-2012, 07:19 AM
Enjoyed the game with my oldest son from our $5.00 seats in the UD. Tried the Balkan Dog -- very tasty. The foul-mouthed, insufferable idiots sitting at the top of Section 509 almost ruined our night until Hudson came through.

October26
06-08-2012, 09:37 AM
My job is very stressful right now so it was fun to get out to the ballpark last night, hang out with WSI friends, and decompress. Great to see DSpivack, GoGoCrede, DumpJerry again and finally get to meet manders_01.:D:

We had a great view from Section 115, row 5. I was so happy to see Paulie back in the lineup. The game was tense in the early innings and it felt like the Sox were throwing the ball all over the field. I was annoyed with Alexei on that flip to Gordon when Alexei had plenty of time to make a clean throw. I had to laugh, though, because after that manders_01 kept yelling out Redemption! every time Alexei came up to bat. And then there was Orlando Hudson forgetting how many outs there were and throwing home to get the 3rd out of the inning. I'm sure this startled both AJ and everybody else in the ballpark. Glad Hudson's mental miscue did not come back to haunt the Sox.

Speaking of the ballpark, it felt great to be out there again and take in the sights and sounds in and around US Cellular Field. I have two long time personal traditions that I try to follow every time I get to a game: 1) I walk around the entire lower level concourse and go out and visit the statues 2) I have a chocolate churro. Both traditions were honored last night.

Kudos to Alex Rios for his game tying homer which provided another opportunity for us to enjoy the fantastic fireworks. Peavy pitched well. And can't forget to give Tank some props for his aggressive baserunning in the 9th, which gave Orlando Hudson the opportunity to come up to the plate and be the hero.

Redemption!

I went to bed with a smile and woke up smiling at 5 AM. Super fun night and was thrilled to see the Sox get that walk-off win. Keep on winning, White Sox! :bandance:

LITTLE NELL
06-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Sorry,Russ, Sox are in first place and need every game. Astros are mired in the cellar and are going nowhere...why are you even here if you root for the Sox to lose a game?:?:

I really think that O-Dog has had some tough chances down at the hot corner lately,and anyone can mess those up...look at Rios's shot at the hotshot Jays 3rd sacker...cost them a run,but was ruled a hit.

I do think that when O-Dog hit town,that Twins columnist Souhan really put the evil word out on him around town, which Hudson heard about,and he has been very careful about trying to fit in on the team. I know that AJ got after him for some plays,but he seems to be very humble and quiet to this point. I like the guy's attitude so far. Glad he got a game winner..might take some pressure off of him.
I know he has been hitting poorly,but I still like having a switch hitter in there. Like tonite, I think it helps vs some righty pitchers..

Alex saved the day today,no doubt. Good to see vs his old team.
This was an important win. Now,they can go into the NL action with some momentum and good feelings. First up...Astros ...then Cards,then Dodgers,then Cubs then Brewers...go get'm,Sox!

The Cubs hold the distinction of being mired in the cellar.

FielderJones
06-08-2012, 10:16 AM
MLB.com for some reason doesn't have the 9th inning highlights online.

Drat

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=cws&content_id=22110653

asindc
06-08-2012, 10:16 AM

:haddock:

I think you are better off posting that at this site: http://evilwontwin.yuku.com/directory#.T2CiVnmHFEo

soxinem1
06-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Rios hitting .290 is a delicious dream.

Rios with a decent RBI total is even better.

shingo10
06-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Great, great win last night.

Like many have said so great to see a walkoff.

However, Hudson's bonehead play at third almost gave me a heart attack. Why in the world would you come home with 2 outs! Eeek!