PDA

View Full Version : Lower Box or Bleachers?

BigHurt3515
06-06-2012, 09:19 PM
I am going to a game in early July and trying to decide whether or not to sit in bleachers/outfield sections or the lower box. From your guys' past experience which sections are better? As in better view of the game and best overall experience. Also I will probably be going to the game on July 7th which is a 3:10 start time so trying to decide which side of the field would be best so I wouldn't be straight in the sun the whole game.
Any help would be much appreciated. Also mods if this is in the wrong section please move it.

Thanks in advance

all*star quentin
06-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Lower box, 1st base side is out of the sun. Or you'll look like this :redface:

BigHurt3515
06-06-2012, 10:45 PM

Will the left field bleachers or right field seats be in the sun?

DumpJerry
06-06-2012, 10:52 PM

Will the left field bleachers or right field seats be in the sun?
First base side lower box will be in shade. Bleachers are only in left center field. They will be in sun until late in the game if it's a 3:10 game.

MrT27
06-06-2012, 11:14 PM
If you were planning on making the best of it I would get some cheap Upper Deck tickets and then get a table outside in RF in the Bullpen Sports bar ($20 or $25 for a table last time I remember). Great seats, no getting up so people can worm their way to and from their seats, and best of all wait service.

Sun shouldn't be too much of a problem in RF (really beats down in LF). If the sun or heat did become a problem you could always dip into the actual Bullpen Sports Bar for an inning.

DumpJerry
06-07-2012, 12:22 AM
If you were planning on making the best of it I would get some cheap Upper Deck tickets and then get a table outside in RF in the Bullpen Sports bar ($20 or $25 for a table last time I remember). Great seats, no getting up so people can worm their way to and from their seats, and best of all wait service.
To do this, you need to get to Gate 2 as soon as it opens to buy the wristband. You get the wristband and table assignment in the Bullpen Sports Bar. Be sure to tell them you want to be upstairs, not ground level.

soxgirl617
06-07-2012, 09:43 AM
The bleachers, and the other LF seats, will be in the sun the entire game, for a 3:10 start. I'd avoid LF, for that reason. It gets really hot, even on a pleasant day. The RF outfield seats closest to centerfield (i.e. Sections 100, 101, etc.) will also be in the sun for most, if not all, of a 3:10 game.

Hartman
06-07-2012, 09:48 AM
I really enjoy the lower box, I've sat on both base lines. However the ticket prices are really hard to swallow, especially since I live in Indianapolis. Gas, hotel, food, ticket prices, etc. really adds up.

Harry Potter
06-07-2012, 10:53 AM

Sun shouldn't be too much of a problem in RF (really beats down in LF). If the sun or heat did become a problem you could always dip into the actual Bullpen Sports Bar for an inning.

Wristbands are $15/person this year

BigHurt3515
06-07-2012, 12:42 PM
The bleachers, and the other LF seats, will be in the sun the entire game, for a 3:10 start. I'd avoid LF, for that reason. It gets really hot, even on a pleasant day. The RF outfield seats closest to centerfield (i.e. Sections 100, 101, etc.) will also be in the sun for most, if not all, of a 3:10 game.

Thank you guys.
Sounds like first base side it is!

LITTLE NELL
06-07-2012, 01:12 PM

Another reason old Comiskey was a great park, most of the stands were covered and out of the sun and rain by the upper deck over the lower deck and by the roof over the upper deck. The only seats that were not covered were the box seats from foul pole to foul pole. Right field was the sun field and fans sitting in the first 8 rows of the lower and upper deck would face into the setting sun and you needed a good pair of sunglasses and some good sun-block.