PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6/5 "Blue Jay Way, Sox Fall 9-5" Postgame Thread

Lip Man 1
06-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Make it now 23-8 since the start of 2008 to the Blue Jays, head to head, against the Sox.

That's pretty amazing considering they haven't set the world on fire the past four plus seasons.

Lip

Brian26
06-05-2012, 10:14 PM
This place is dead. Everyone must be at the game with their $5 tickets.

:duck:

KMcMahon817
06-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Very frustrating game to watch. Go get em' tomorrow.

JB98
06-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Humber vs. Romero. No Konerko in the lineup. Bad matchup for the Sox on paper. Wasn't a good matchup on the field either.

Flush it and get ready for tomorrow.

Lip Man 1
06-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Brian:

This place is dead...just like the Sox tonight.

Lip

tstrike2000
06-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Nice to see the Sox make a little bit of a comeback and not completely get the rubber glove treatment from Toronto. Humber needs to get his act straightened out or he'll be out of the rotation. He had nothing tonight and hasn't for the better part of the season.

SoxSpeed22
06-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Not our night. Phil stunk from the beginning and Stewart wasn't any better. Beckham had a nice game with the leather.

PalehosePlanet
06-05-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm really surprised at how awful Lillibridge has been this year. He is completely lost at the plate -- even in the rare instance that he actually has a hitter's count. At this time last year many of us were clamoring for him to start.

I'm guessing we're out of options on him, otherwise he would've been sent down already to get regular playing time and get his stroke back.

Pitching mismatch on paper, as already mentioned, but I was hoping Phil would give us a shot. He had pitched well in three consecutive starts coming into tonight. Oh well....

Let's get Morrow tomorrow.

doublem23
06-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Meh, everybody's gotta lose sometimes

Tragg
06-05-2012, 11:02 PM
I think Sox could make some changes on the bench. Just try some AAA player - couldn't be worse.

It's safe to say that Jackson trade #2 was poor....a complete waste of a very strong deadline trading chit.

doublem23
06-05-2012, 11:06 PM
It's safe to say that Jackson trade #2 was poor....a complete waste of a very strong deadline trading chit.

That deal centered around getting rid of Mark Teahen's boneheaded contract extension.

Just out of curiosity, who else moved a piece similar to Jackson and got a haul?

Ron Karkovice
06-06-2012, 12:17 AM
was actually surprised there were 23k there tonight.

kittle42
06-06-2012, 12:21 AM
I was at Comerica tonight. If I could come to this ballpark 81 times a year, I'd be there at least 20.

amsteel
06-06-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm really surprised at how awful Lillibridge has been this year. He is completely lost at the plate -- even in the rare instance that he actually has a hitter's count. At this time last year many of us were clamoring for him to start.

I'm guessing we're out of options on him, otherwise he would've been sent down already to get regular playing time and get his stroke back.

Lilli has had one not terrible season in his career. Him playing the way he is should be less of a surprise than Dunn playing the way he is.

Crooked Number
06-06-2012, 12:39 AM
Phil did his best Gavin impression tonight. Just didn't have his stuff. Been happening too frequently with the starting staff. Can't compete when guys pitch like this. Still, as mentioned above Humber had been throwing well recently. Big game tomorrow. Want to avoid back to back losses to keep the momentum going. Looking forward to seeing Quintana toss, my sixth game already. Weather should be great!

hawkjt
06-06-2012, 12:59 AM
I hate the Jays. They just kick our butt,time after time.
I really dreaded this series,because it can totally blunt out momentum going into the interleague play. Sox need to salvage at least one game out of this series to face the Astros still in the lead in the AL Central.

Our infield was great defensively,but that hitting from the collective group...oh my...Only AJ,Dunn,and the outfield guys give us anything offensively on a nite like tonite. No PK makes this a weak offensive lineup on a nite like tonite...still, 5 runs is enough,but Humber clearly did not have any command,and Stewart has mediocre stuff,period. I thought if Stewart could hold them the Sox would comeback,but he could not do it.
Get'm tomorrow...gotta hope Quintana is sharp.

palehozenychicty
06-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Make it now 23-8 since the start of 2008 to the Blue Jays, head to head, against the Sox.

That's pretty amazing considering they haven't set the world on fire the past four plus seasons.

Lip

Neither have the Sox. I don't understand your point.

palehozenychicty
06-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Really not a lot of shame here. The Jays have a lot of young talent, even if it's inconsistent.

Play again tomorrow.

WhiteSox5187
06-06-2012, 01:40 AM
Neither have the Sox. I don't understand your point.

A mediocre team should not be dominating another fairly mediocre team the way the Jays have dominated the Sox.

As someone else said, I don't mind losing but what is unnerving is how poorly Humber has pitched. He hasn't won a home game since June of last year and has an ERA in the 5's since then at home and an ERA in the 7's since his perfect game. But then again, he had some good starts against the Cubs and the Rays. Maybe he is figuring it out but it is still a little disconcerting.

doublem23
06-06-2012, 05:49 AM
A mediocre team should not be dominating another fairly mediocre team the way the Jays have dominated the Sox.

A lot of the Jays mediocrity is due weighted to the fact that they play in the gauntlet that is the AL East, while we play in the relative cupcake AL Central. Is there any doubt that if the Jays and Sox swapped divisions, they'd be back-to-back-to-back-to-back division champs and we'd be, at best, fighting with the O's for 4th place in the East every year?

LITTLE NELL
06-06-2012, 06:40 AM
It's amazing that we are in first place with only 2 starting pitchers, the other 3 stink.

Zakath
06-06-2012, 06:53 AM
This place is dead. Everyone must be at the game with their $5 tickets.

:duck:

Celebrating Colby Rasmus Night at the old ballyard.

The guy had never had a hit vs. us, and turns into a one-man wrecking crew. 5-5, 4 R, 3 RBI.

Surprised we weren't down by 3 or 4 before we stepped up, since Humber couldn't find home plate with a map in the first.

Senerch23
06-06-2012, 07:53 AM
That deal centered around getting rid of Mark Teahen's boneheaded contract extension.

Just out of curiosity, who else moved a piece similar to Jackson and got a haul?

Arizona moved Jackson the previous year and got a pretty good return, though nothing that would be considered a haul.

Lip Man 1
06-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Hawk:

I agree. And the Sox play them six more times in the next month (all in Chicago...)

And I disagree with the notion that if they Jays were in the Central they'd be the four time defending Central Division champs. They were never that good.

:?:

Lip

Hitmen77
06-06-2012, 09:01 AM

This is true. But the Sox making a bad trade to make up for their boneheaded contract extension to Teahen doesn't exactly make me feel better.

:KW
I heard some GM gave Arizona a fairly decent return for that very same guy. But hey, at least Hudson for Stewart isn't as bad as Gio Gonzalez for Nunez and Marquez.

KMcMahon817
06-06-2012, 10:43 AM
A lot of the Jays mediocrity is due weighted to the fact that they play in the gauntlet that is the AL East, while we play in the relative cupcake AL Central. Is there any doubt that if the Jays and Sox swapped divisions, they'd be back-to-back-to-back-to-back division champs and we'd be, at best, fighting with the O's for 4th place in the East every year?

Woah, woah, woah.

There is no shot in hell the Jays would be four time defending AL Central champs. They're a decent team, and may have a division title or two in the past five years, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.:scratch:

The Immigrant
06-06-2012, 11:42 AM

Seattle fans probably feel the same way about our team. The Sox are 30-10 against the Mariners since 2008.

The biggest problem with our record against Toronto is having to play away games in that dome. The Sox are 3-13 up there since 2008.

palehozenychicty
06-06-2012, 12:28 PM

Thanks for the clarification of my sentiment.

sox1970
06-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Woah, woah, woah.

There is no shot in hell the Jays would be four time defending AL Central champs. They're a decent team, and may have a division title or two in the past five years, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.:scratch:

One way to find out...no divisions, balanced schedule, top 5 of 15 make the playoffs.