PDA

View Full Version : The "I Love Alejandro De Aza" Thread

Moses_Scurry
06-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Does anything really need to be said about how awesome this guy has been for the Sox this year? 2.1 WAR at this point of the season is good for 21st (hitter)in the MLB and ahead of guys like Carlos Gonzalez, Giancarlo Stanton, and our very own Adam Dunn. He is rapidly becoming one of my favorites on the team. I have to stop what I'm doing whenever he is up, and after Konerko he is the first guy who I check in the box score if I miss the game. If Konerko weren't having such a historic season (before his recent mini-slump), De Aza would hands down be the team MVP in my opinion.

Just wanted to show him a little love this morning!

doublem23
06-05-2012, 06:15 AM
I thought the Sox had traded him for a second.

:thud:

Love De Aza.

vinny
06-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Don't do that to an old guy. The heart can't take it like it used to.

De Awesome. That is all.

Moses_Scurry
06-05-2012, 06:26 AM
How about changing the title to "Alejandro De Aza Lovefest thread" then? I don't want to be responsible for any heart attacks!

GoGoCrede
06-05-2012, 07:02 AM
How about changing the title to "Alejandro De Aza Lovefest thread" then? I don't want to be responsible for any heart attacks!

My eyes bugged out. :o: I am now slightly more alert than I was earlier, though, so thank you.

Bucky F. Dent
06-05-2012, 07:08 AM

Love De Aza.

Me too!

ChiSoxGal85
06-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Who needs morning coffee? I just read the thread title and now I'm wiiiiddeee awake! :smile:

Seriously though...De Aza has been a solid performer, both at the plate and in the field. De Awesome is right!

tstrike2000
06-05-2012, 07:21 AM
De Aza has been awesome, and don't scare us again.

Moses_Scurry
06-05-2012, 07:25 AM
De Aza has been awesome, and don't scare us again.

Hey, I've already offered to have the title changed! It's out of my hands now.

TomBradley72
06-05-2012, 07:38 AM
He's become a huge part of this team- when he went down for a few minutes late in Saturday's game my heart sank- very relieved when he stayed in the game.

If he keeps this up- he might be the best lead off hitter we've had (blend of speed/hit/hit for power) since Tim Raines.

MarySwiss
06-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Here's another one who is now wide awake! :D:

tstrike2000
06-05-2012, 07:46 AM
hey, i've already offered to have the title changed! It's out of my hands now.

:d:

Railsplitter
06-05-2012, 07:57 AM

So did I. For another second, I thought his injury was career ending.

russ99
06-05-2012, 08:18 AM
So did I. For another second, I thought his injury was career ending.

He's totally proved me wrong, thought last year was a fluke.

But he's still not a leadoff guy, more a #2.

13/4 sb success and 25 walks is Ok, but a leadoff guy steals and walks much more. Do the 4 HRs make for it?

slavko
06-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Plays a little CF the way it should be played. Great fielding instincts. Runs to where the ball's headed and catches it. Proves Kenny's at his best when he has no money to work with.

doublem23
06-05-2012, 08:50 AM

13/4 sb success and 25 walks is Ok, but a leadoff guy steals and walks much more. Do the 4 HRs make for it?

:rolling:

His 13 SB is currently leading the American League and his 25 BB as the #1 hitter is also the most in the AL from that spot.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/split/109/league/al/sort/walks/order/true/minpa/50

I know it's impossible for you to embrace him fully since Ozzie inexplicably kept him buried in AAA so he could trot out Juan Pierre every game, but at least try to come up with some valid criticism.

TomBradley72
06-05-2012, 09:01 AM

He's tied for the AL league lead in stolen bases and #4 OBP of any hitter >100 abs as a lead off hitter.

BainesHOF
06-05-2012, 09:06 AM
De Aza is indeed awesome. As a true leadoff hitter, he's a rarity, and certainly one of the best in the game. What I most love about him is that he wastes no time in stealing. So many basestealers wait for a few pitches to get a read on the pitcher and to pick a likely-breaking ball pitch, but De Aza often takes off immediately. It makes his stolen base that much more valuable as Beckham has more time to drive him in. The guy obviously isn't trying to protect his base-stealing percentage. He simply does what's best for the team. And he runs the bases hard in all circumstances.

Dibbs
06-05-2012, 09:07 AM
I love to watch Alejandro run.

kufram
06-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Alejandro De Aza has been a very effective player. He's done all we could want from him and more. If I had to come up with a criticism of him I suppose it would be that he rolled around in the dirt a little too much when he got hit in the knee the other day to be able to play the next inning... won't catch Paulie doing that.... but I only say that because he scared me. I don't think we are where we are without him.

DonnieDarko
06-05-2012, 09:18 AM
The only criticisim of De Aza that I can think of is that he strikes out a bit too much for my liking (isn't he 2nd or 3rd on the team in Ks?), but considering what else he gives us (a leadoff man with some power? Mercy!), I'll take it. I also assume that those Ks are a mostly product of a bad Cubs series, along with a few bad at-bats in Tampa.

Of course, I'd like to see him K less...but if doing so decreases the power numbers, then no thank you.

wilburaga
06-05-2012, 09:38 AM

His 13 SB is currently leading the American League and his 25 BB as the #1 hitter is also the most in the AL from that spot.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/split/109/league/al/sort/walks/order/true/minpa/50

I know it's impossible for you to embrace him fully since Ozzie inexplicably kept him buried in AAA so he could trot out Juan Pierre every game, but at least try to come up with some valid criticism.

Ozzie lost me when he brought Lastings Milledge north last year instead of ADA.

hawkjt
06-05-2012, 09:39 AM
I agree that he is #2 on my MVP list of hitters on the Sox so far,only behind PK.

I was a supporter of Juan Pierre last year,and he eventually did come around to put up decent numbers,but I admit I had no idea that DeAza was capable of this kind of play until he came up last year. In hindsight,clearly they should have had DeAza to start last year,and had him in center,with Quentin in left and Rios in right....but hindsight is 20/20.

Last nite I was checking into the Phillies-Dodgers and the analysts were going on and on about how good Juan has been with the Phillies this year,hitting .340,with a oba of over .400 and OPS of .780...so, I think it has worked out best for everyone. The NL is easier,so it has helped Juan.

DeAza has done all that we could hope for this season,and more. Love the occasional pop in his bat. Now, I am a bit concerned about his legs holding up over 162 games...he slides so hard, and seems to take a lot of abuse.
He is 28 yrs old,so he should be in his physical prime still,for a couple more years...so I love him being in centerfield for the Sox for another 3-4 years,til Courtney Hawkins can take over...:cool:

eriqjaffe
06-05-2012, 09:43 AM
The only criticisim of De Aza that I can think of is that he strikes out a bit too much for my liking (isn't he 2nd or 3rd on the team in Ks?)He's second with 47. He's also second on the team with that .380 OBP, so the strikeouts don't bother me all that much.

DonnieDarko
06-05-2012, 09:46 AM
He's second with 47. He's also second on the team with that .380 OBP, so the strikeouts don't bother me all that much.

Right, because he walks a lot and I think that he's also gotten hit by his fair share of pitches, too. So in the end the Ks don't matter much, yeah (and like I said, was probably influenced more by having two bad series). Like I said, if he can keep up his current numbers, I'll take those strikeouts--especially if he's hitting for some power.

Chez
06-05-2012, 09:49 AM
We need to agree on his nickname. "ADA" isn't bad, but I'm partial to "Handro." Rolls off the tongue quite nicely.

sullythered
06-05-2012, 09:56 AM

He's getting on base at a .380 clip, and he's on pace for 39 SB. What the heck do you expect out of your leadoff guy?

Foulke You
06-05-2012, 09:59 AM
He's tied for the AL league lead in stolen bases and #4 OBP of any hitter >100 abs as a lead off hitter.
I'm not sure where to find this stat, but I'm willing to bet De Aza is up there in the "pitches seen" stat which is another quality you look for in a leadoff hitter. De Aza is great at fouling off a ton of pitches when he gets to 2 strikes.

roylestillman
06-05-2012, 10:08 AM
A friend of mine, who is a season ticket holder with the New Orleans Zephyrs, clued me in to De Aza right after we got him, saying he was the best he had ever seen. I think I might have posted that here at the time. Too early to say, but he has certainly shown he belongs in the majors and allowed the shift of Rios over to right which did him wonders.

As for nicknames, my group is going with The Writher. I don't think he means to, but every time he gets nicked by a pitch or goes hard into second, we get a performance of pain that normally would result in an ambulance being brought out onto the field. Five minutes later he's chasing down a fly ball at the 400 foot mark as if Roger watered the infield dirt with holy water from Lourdes.

DonnieDarko
06-05-2012, 10:12 AM
As for nicknames, my group is going with The Writher. I don't think he means to, but every time he gets nicked by a pitch or goes hard into second, we get a performance of pain that normally would result in an ambulance being brought out onto the field. Five minutes later he's chasing down a fly ball at the 400 foot mark as if Roger watered the infield dirt with holy water from Lourdes.

:?:

soxinem1
06-05-2012, 10:38 AM

Not to mention Ozzie also kept sending Rios out to CF to misplay 3-4 balls a week and consistently over shoot the cutoff man, then pop up to the 2B twice a game with runners at third......

All while De Aza was hitting .320, hustling and driving in runs.....

But that is all in the past. I will say De Aza makes the team fun to watch from the first pitch on, and nicely sets the tone.

While we all tend to keep a watchful eye on guys who try to establish themselves as MLB players when they are 28 years old, I kind of doubt this guy will be the next Tuffy Rhodes......

aryzner
06-05-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm not sure where to find this stat, but I'm willing to bet De Aza is up there in the "pitches seen" stat which is another quality you look for in a leadoff hitter. De Aza is great at fouling off a ton of pitches when he gets to 2 strikes.
From what I can find, it looks like De Aza is currently 11th in MLB in pitches seen, and 8th in the AL.

Edit: Also, Dunn is apparently 1st in all of baseball in pitches seen.

I found this info here (http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable.jsp?c_id=mlb&tcid=mm_mlb_stats#sectionType=sp&playerType=QUALIFIER&statType=hitting&page_type=SortablePlayer&season=2012&season_type=ANY&sportCode=%27mlb%27&league_code=%27MLB%27&split=&team_id=&active_sw=&game_type=%27R%27&position=&sortOrder=%27desc%27&sortColumn=avg&results=&page=1&perPage=50&timeframe=&extended=0&last_x_days=&ts=1338911112954&tab_level=child&click_text=Sortable+Player+hitting), scroll over to Next Stats and sort by NP (Number of Pitches Thrown).

ChiSoxGal85
06-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Alejandro De Aza has been a very effective player. He's done all we could want from him and more. If I had to come up with a criticism of him I suppose it would be that he rolled around in the dirt a little too much when he got hit in the knee the other day to be able to play the next inning... won't catch Paulie doing that.... but I only say that because he scared me. I don't think we are where we are without him.
Have you ever gotten hit in the side of the kneecap? It hurts a lot! That said, when Alejandro turned his ankle the other day, the way he reacted I thought he tore a ligament or something. Maybe he has a lower pain tolerance than other ball players.

And with all that said, I'm glad he's here. :bandance:

russ99
06-05-2012, 10:52 AM

Nothing to do with Ozzie at all.

Basing his merits against what top leadoff hitters like Ellsbury, Bourn, Reyes, etc. And if you want to bring it closer to home, compare vs. Pierre in 2010 and Pods in 2005. i.e. difference makers on the basepaths.

He's ninth in the majors in steals and top guys like Ellsbury are hurt. And his OBP is 100 points higher than his average - again nice, but not anything special.

If I may return your accusation of bias, I'd say that you prefer him solely due to the pop in his bat, and not due to his skill in the things a traditional leadoff hitter does...

doublem23
06-05-2012, 10:56 AM

Basing his merits against what top leadoff hitters like Ellsbury, Bourn, Reyes, etc. And if you want to bring it closer to home, compare vs. Pierre in 2010 and Pods in 2005. i.e. difference makers on the basepaths.

He's ninth in the majors in steals and top guys like Ellsbury are hurt. And his OBP is 100 points higher than his average - again nice, but not anything special.

If I may return your accusation of bias, I'd say that you prefer him solely due to the pop in his bat, and not due to his skill in the things a traditional leadoff hitter does...

2010 Juan Pierre, whose OBP was a scant 70 points higher than his BA and who lead the American League that season in Outs Made?

guffaw

aryzner
06-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Bourn's numbers are pretty similar to many of De Aza's.

Also

De Aza OBP .380
Bourn OBP .353

TheOldRoman
06-05-2012, 11:02 AM
2010 Juan Pierre, whose OBP was a scant 70 points higher than his BA and who lead the American League that season in Outs Made?

guffawThat would actually be pretty good if true, but his number was only 50 higher.

DonnieDarko
06-05-2012, 11:06 AM

Well, what is a traditional lead-off hitter supposed to do that he's not doing?

ElevenUp
06-05-2012, 11:06 AM
A friend of mine, who is a season ticket holder with the New Orleans Zephyrs, clued me in to De Aza right after we got him, saying he was the best he had ever seen. I think I might have posted that here at the time. Too early to say, but he has certainly shown he belongs in the majors and allowed the shift of Rios over to right which did him wonders.

He must have played a lot of soccer growing up.:tongue:

Foulke You
06-05-2012, 11:07 AM
From what I can find, it looks like De Aza is currently 11th in MLB in pitches seen, and 8th in the AL.

Edit: Also, Dunn is apparently 1st in all of baseball in pitches seen.

I found this info here (http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable.jsp?c_id=mlb&tcid=mm_mlb_stats#sectionType=sp&playerType=QUALIFIER&statType=hitting&page_type=SortablePlayer&season=2012&season_type=ANY&sportCode=%27mlb%27&league_code=%27MLB%27&split=&team_id=&active_sw=&game_type=%27R%27&position=&sortOrder=%27desc%27&sortColumn=avg&results=&page=1&perPage=50&timeframe=&extended=0&last_x_days=&ts=1338911112954&tab_level=child&click_text=Sortable+Player+hitting), scroll over to Next Stats and sort by NP (Number of Pitches Thrown).
Thanks for finding that stat. I knew he probably would be up there but 8th in the AL even surprised me. Provides a tremendous value to have hitters that make the pitcher work.

doublem23
06-05-2012, 11:10 AM
That would actually be pretty good if true, but his number was only 50 higher.

2010 not 2011

russ99
06-05-2012, 11:11 AM

guffaw

Different types of hitters. When Juan got on base he did something with it.

In 2010, Pierre attempted 86 steals in 241 chances (H+BB+HBP-3B-HR/SB+CS) for a .356 steal attempt/chance average

This year De Aza has attempted 17 steals in 82 chances for a .207 steal attempt/chance average.

De Aza is on track to score more runs than Pierre in 2010, so that's a bonus.

Again, I'm not ripping on De Aza, he's had a very nice year for us, but nobody will confuse him with the top leadoff hitters.

kufram
06-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Have you ever gotten hit in the side of the kneecap? It hurts a lot! That said, when Alejandro turned his ankle the other day, the way he reacted I thought he tore a ligament or something. Maybe he has a lower pain tolerance than other ball players.

And with all that said, I'm glad he's here. :bandance:

I'm more than glad we have him. It was just a little point I made. I know stuff hurts, but both times I thought he was seriously injured by his reaction. You rarely see a baseball player writhe around like that.... soccer players do it when they blink. PK got hit in the face and just went down.

I reiterate, though, De Aza is a huge asset to the team and I really enjoy his commitment to everything he does.

soltrain21
06-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Whatever happened to Lillian? This would be the ultimate "I told you so."

shingo10
06-05-2012, 11:21 AM
I clearly remember his base hit in the first bat of the season in Texas and Hawk saying "and there's a good way to start our year."

I felt like it was a great omen, however then he got thrown out trying to steal a few pitches later and I thought it was JP/Pods all over again.

Luckily though he has turned out to be fantastic in every way and the pop he provided early in the year really kept us afloat for a while. Don't stop now!

TheOldRoman
06-05-2012, 11:27 AM
2010 not 2011My mistake.

doublem23
06-05-2012, 11:27 AM

In 2010, Pierre attempted 86 steals in 241 chances (H+BB+HBP-3B-HR/SB+CS) for a .356 steal attempt/chance average

This year De Aza has attempted 17 steals in 82 chances for a .207 steal attempt/chance average.

Again, I'm not ripping on De Aza, he's had a very nice year for us, but nobody will confuse him with the top leadoff hitters.

Except that in Ellsbury's absence, he probably is the #1 lead off hitter in the AL (Ellsbury, BTW, is more De Aza than Pierre).

Also, citing a player's perceived deficiencies and the bringing up a **** ass player as counterpoint is a rip.

sullythered
06-05-2012, 12:31 PM
Except that in Ellsbury's absence, he probably is the #1 lead off hitter in the AL (Ellsbury, BTW, is more De Aza than Pierre).

Also, citing a player's perceived deficiencies and the bringing up a **** ass player as counterpoint is a rip.

Yeah, now that you mentioned it, I just looked at the numbers. Not only is De Aza probably statistically the best leadoff hitter in the AL right now, he is just about the most conventional a leadoff hitter as there is.

JB98
06-05-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm a huge fan of De Aza. He's been an excellent leadoff hitter for this team. In addition to being a good table-setter, he's gotten some big RBIs as well. I wouldn't call him a great defender -- he's had his share of misreads this year -- but there's little question the outfield defense is improved with him in CF and Rios back where he belongs in RF.

Juan Pierre? He worked hard and all, but he was a limited player both offensively and defensively. He got overexposed because the former manager had an inflated view of his abilities.

russ99
06-05-2012, 01:24 PM

LOL. Despite your labeling as such, there is a place for a speedy slap-hitter in the major leagues, especially if used properly. Podsednik and Pierre are doing just fine this year, even at their advancing age.

And it's not a rip. De Aza is not an elite base stealer. If you preclude that in what you think a top leadoff hitter should be, fine.

And yes, I'm very happy with what he's bringing to the table.

sullythered
06-05-2012, 01:30 PM
LOL. Despite your labeling as such, there is a place for a speedy slap-hitter in the major leagues, especially if used properly. Podsednik and Pierre are doing just fine this year, even at their advancing age.

And it's not a rip. De Aza is not an elite base stealer. If you preclude that in what you think a top leadoff hitter should be, fine.

De Aza is leading the American League in stolen bases.

SoxSpeed22
06-05-2012, 01:30 PM
De Aza is a great energy guy. He can hit to all fields, work the count and get on base, he also gets those hits at the right time. Lead off men have more power now than before and even though he's not a reputably rampant base stealer, he does a good job of picking his spots.

sullythered
06-05-2012, 01:34 PM
The three conventionally held things that a totally conventional leadoff hitter is expected to do are: get on base, score runs, steal bases. De Aza is 12th in the league in OBP, 3rd in the league in runs scored, and 1st in the league in steals.

Russ, your initial point was that De Aza is more of a 2 hitter than a conventional leadoff man. the numbers I just pointed to show that De Aza is the most conventional leadoff man in the entire American league.

shes
06-05-2012, 01:45 PM

He is on pace for 40 steals (leading the AL in thefts, by the way), has 25 BB (more than most lead-off men) and has a .380 OBP. Quite frankly, he's a prototypical lead-off hitter unless you're looking for prime Ichiro or Ricky Henderson.

Lip Man 1
06-05-2012, 02:07 PM
I like him better than Darin Erstad that's for sure! :D:

Lip

MISoxfan
06-05-2012, 02:22 PM

I'm assuming you mean (SB+CS)/(H+BB+HBP-3B-HR)? Why give him credit for his CS unless you are actually claiming that whatever bonus there is from attempting a steal is actually more valuable than the out you just gave up.

You're also punishing Da Aza for getting on base more often than Pierre. You are talking about a stat that actually improves the less you get on base.

Perhaps Juan Pierre "did something" more often when he got on base, but De Aza sure gets on base a lot more often, and he's also in no danger of leading the league in CS seven times.

Leadoff hitters are expected to see a lot of pitches, get on base to be driven in, and steal bases. De Aza does 2 of those things significantly better than Pierre, and even steals bases much better, although less frequently, than Pierre.

HomeFish
06-05-2012, 02:52 PM
As Ozzie might say, this De Aza kid, he plays real good.

Aesero
06-05-2012, 03:23 PM
He won't make an immediate impact on the team.

He'll never be more than a AAAA player.

JB98
06-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm assuming you mean (SB+CS)/(H+BB+HBP-3B-HR)? Why give him credit for his CS unless you are actually claiming that whatever bonus there is from attempting a steal is actually more valuable than the out you just gave up.

You're also punishing Da Aza for getting on base more often than Pierre. You are talking about a stat that actually improves the less you get on base.

Perhaps Juan Pierre "did something" more often when he got on base, but De Aza sure gets on base a lot more often, and he's also in no danger of leading the league in CS seven times.

Leadoff hitters are expected to see a lot of pitches, get on base to be driven in, and steal bases. De Aza does 2 of those things significantly better than Pierre, and even steals bases much better, although less frequently, than Pierre.

Just to add, Juan Pierre was successful on only 61 percent of his basestealing attempts last year. That's well below elite level.

Moses_Scurry
06-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Man, I understand if somebody doesn't share my love for ADA, but to bemoan the loss of Juan Frickin' Pierre?!?!

Seems insane to me.

MISoxfan
06-05-2012, 11:44 PM
I will concede that there is a place in the major leagues for a speedy slap hitting lead-off hitter, but only because there are only so many ADAs to go around! I liked the 2005/2009 Podsednik, and the 2010 version of Pierre, but De Aza is just a better ballplayer.

A full season of ADA should have seen the 2011 Rios benched over Pierre, anyway.

SephClone89
06-06-2012, 07:36 AM
russ constantly being shot down every time with stats and facts in this thread is kind of hilarious.

doublem23
06-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Well Juan got CS'ed 20 times last year, the mark of a great leadoff hitter

TheVulture
06-06-2012, 11:51 AM
De Aza always has such a pained look on his face, I want him to get on base every time just to make him happy. Since he's been called up, he obviously has been one of the best lead off hitters in the game.

Since call up last year: 411 PA, .312/.387/.466

:hawk

"That'll work."

TheVulture
06-06-2012, 11:58 AM
And his OBP is 100 points higher than his average - again nice, but not anything special.

Only 100 points higher that his batting average? I'm confused. I thought this thread was discussing how De Aza is a good ball player, not comparing him to Barry Bonds and Frank Thomas. Geez, you'd think the league was filled with guys batting around .300 with an OBP almost .400.

PK's OBP is only about 80 points higher than his BA, BTW. What a disappointment, this guy.

Foulke You
06-06-2012, 12:21 PM
De Aza always has such a pained look on his face, I want him to get on base every time just to make him happy.

I think that look is due to the ridiculously huge wad of chewing tobacco he has shoved in his lower lip. :cool:

guillensdisciple
06-06-2012, 12:23 PM
He won't make an immediate impact on the team.

He'll never be more than a AAAA player.

Hahahahah that is one thing I do miss. Hearing him speak was always an adventure.

ChiSoxGal85
06-06-2012, 12:45 PM
I think that look is due to the ridiculously huge wad of chewing tobacco he has shoved in his lower lip. :cool:
:yup:

wassagstdu
06-06-2012, 03:19 PM
De Aza always has such a pained look on his face, I want him to get on base every time just to make him happy. Since he's been called up, he obviously has been one of the best lead off hitters in the game.
He looks like he just had a HR taken away by replay, and is determined to hit it straighter next time up.

But seriously, I hope he plays for the Sox for a long time. Not much of a track record yet, but he has never not been good, and seems to me to play a type of game that will hold up over time -- not overly dependent on any one aspect, and consistent.

Ron Karkovice
06-06-2012, 03:33 PM
I feel like this pic i took at the game last night is appropriate for this thread:

http://i48.tinypic.com/hvqrfo.jpg

we had best seats ever

TaylorStSox
06-06-2012, 04:09 PM

It's okay to admit you're wrong.

thomas35forever
06-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Maybe it's because of all the injuries I've seen in Chicago sports since the fall, but I can't help but think he's going to get hurt in such a way that it takes away a lot of his speed. Until that day comes though, I'm loving every bit of this guy. There's no way he makes the All-Star team, but he'll be extremely vital to our success if that's what indeed is to come. Every team should have a player like him at the top of their lineup. I see him as a mixture of Pods and Lance Johnson in that he steals and gets far on the basepaths when he puts the ball in play. We've done well with those guys in there, so let's hope that translates into a playoff berth this year.