PDA

View Full Version : Make the move tomorrow, Mr. Reinsdorf

Viva Magglio
07-24-2002, 04:05 PM
I do not know what Jerry Reinsdorf is waiting for. As far as I'm concerned, Jerry Manuel and Nardi Contreras should have been fired May 30th after the fiasco against the Yankees. Ken Williams should have been fired during the break at the latest for reasons that need not be regurgitated here. Yet, all we have to show is not a firing of Nardi Contreras but a "reassignment" of Nardi Contreras.

The longer Williams Manuel remain employed, the longer I am convinced that Jerry Reinsdorf does not care about the losing and us the fans. This organization is going nowhere but to hell in a hand basket with these two at the helm. Some may argue that it's not good for team chemistry to make this big change until after the season ends. Chemistry? What chemistry!!! If this team has chemistry, it's the same kind of chemistry that took place in Chernobyl.

To borrow a line from Reinsdorf, anyone who thinks this team can catch Minnesota is crazy. Firing Ken Williams and Jerry Manuel right now will not matter in terms of catching Minnesota. Instead, the purpose served by their immeidate firings should be to convey a message to the players and the fans that this endless losing, lack of leadership, and utter incompetence is not acceptable. Yet, it apparently is good enough for Jerry Reinsdorf.

Tomorrow is an off day. It would be the perfect time to make this move.

Jerry_Manuel
07-24-2002, 04:20 PM
Not happening.

Manuel may go at the end of the season, but not Williams.

I'm not sure what the chairman is doing right now though. Maybe he's getting all giddy about the Bulls. I don't know.

zach23
07-24-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I'm not sure what the chairman is doing right now though. Maybe he's getting all giddy about the Bulls. I don't know.

I think he knows a strike is inevitable and he is leaving everything as is because of it.

Viva Magglio
07-24-2002, 04:54 PM
Not happening.

Manuel may go at the end of the season, but not Williams.

All the more reason to expand the campaign to oust Williams Manuel.

RKMeibalane
07-24-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

All the more reason to expand the campaign to oust Williams Manuel.

:reinsy

"Sox fans, it is your own fault that I have not fired Manuel and Williams. If you would come to games, I might do something to correct the many problems this organization has. But you know nothing of loyalty and sacrifice, so I will not waste my valuable time by building a competitive team. You people don't deserve a winner."

ScottG
07-24-2002, 07:31 PM

"By the way, that thing I used to say about giving back my NBA championships for just 1 World Series..... it should have been printed in teal."

Paulwny
07-24-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by ScottG

"By the way, that thing I used to say about giving back my NBA championships for just 1 World Series..... it should have been printed in teal."

LOL, you've just made my day !!!!!

SOXSINCE'70
07-24-2002, 09:17 PM
Keep dreamin',Maggs.I've been screaming about this for 5 years now since the last "white flag" trade.People thought I was over reacting.Who's over reacting now that the team is in the toilet 5 years later as well??

I'm 40 years old and now realise that i'll never see a World Series on the South Side.Ever.And as far as "Jerry The Tinkerer" not getting the ax,get ready for "The Kids Can Play" part 2 next year.Reinsdork won't commit to pitching long term,and that's why the Sox will never win a WS in my lifetime.And to think,some Sox fans have suffered even longer than I have!!

:sellreinsy

PLEASE!!FOR GOD'S SAKE!!

WinningUgly!
07-24-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by SOXSINCE'70
Reinsdork won't commit to pitching long term,and that's why the Sox will never win a WS in my lifetime.

Yeah, too bad he didn't make long term commitments to McDowell, Alvarez, Fernandez & Bere! :D:

Daver
07-24-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Yeah, too bad he didn't make long term commitments to McDowell, Alvarez, Fernandez & Bere! :D:

For what it is worth the Sox could get Bere back for next to nothing right now..............

chisoxt
07-24-2002, 10:32 PM
For what it is worth the Sox could get Bere back for next to nothing right now..............

.............and he immediately would be the #2 man in th rotation. That is how bad this rotation is. I hope to God that next year, we look elsewhere for pitching. It even doesn't have to be top shelf material to improve on what we have now.

chisoxt
07-24-2002, 10:36 PM
I'm not sure what the chairman is doing right now though. Maybe he's getting all giddy about the Bulls. I don't know

You know the scary thing is that I believe what you just wrote is true. I think there were times in the 90's when JR has neglected improving the Sox on the basis that he had an NBA team in town winning championships.

JoseCanseco6969
07-24-2002, 11:05 PM
Those pitchers- Bere, Alvarez, and Fernandez- didnt amount to much at all after we let them go. The only guy to come back and kill us has been Roberto Hernandez, hes still a very solid closer. Alvarez has been hurt and probably the worst of the 3. And i dont think getting Bere back would help us at all because we're going nowhere.
Anyone know if Alex Fernandez is still pitching and with who??

Jerry_Manuel
07-24-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by JoseCanseco6969
Anyone know if Alex Fernandez is still pitching and with who??

I'm guessing he's still with Florida. He signed a long term deal with them. Where he then became fat and bad.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-24-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by daver

I wouldn't mind seeing Bere back in a sox uniform if we could dump the right player to get him.

:hitless

"What are all of you looking at?!!??!?"

ChiSoxBobette
07-25-2002, 01:00 AM
I don't know if we're going to see any management personel fired now but I would like to see some of our young players come up. It will probably be the only reason to go to the rest of my weekend season tickets I have. If J.R. & K.W. were going to fire Manuel it should have been at the all-star break at the latest. If they can't see that this guy can't manage this team especially after today - tell me why did'nt they at least bring up Josh Paul , Mark Johnson is just pitiful batting and he can't be that much better defensively. At the end of this season J.R. sits down and still thinks Jerry Manuel can manage the White Sox to at least a division title next year then yeah our owner is an idiot. He should also reevaluate Kenny Williams some of the bonehead moves this guy has mad are unbeleiveable. Call me a cockeyed optimist but I always have hope that they can at least make this a respectable year.
Go White Sox.

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-25-2002, 12:21 PM

I'm guessing he's still with Florida. He signed a long term deal with them. Where he then became fat and bad.

as far i know he is done. arm troubles ended his career i believe

CubKilla
07-25-2002, 12:36 PM
I'm assuming this "reassignment" of Nardi is going to be to one of our minor league affiliates. Anybody else worried about the health and MLB preparedness of our minor league pitchers with this goof possibly coaching them? Rauch just came off labrum surgery, Parque is..... well..... Parque. But what about the young arms in Class AA and A that no one knows alot about but will have to possibly listen to Nardi and his "pitching mechanics" ramblings. I think reassigning this jerk-off is worse than him being the MLB teams pitching coach. Nardi should have been FIRED..... end of story. But, then again, so should have KW, and JM, and GP, etc.

Iwritecode
07-25-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane :reinsy

"Sox fans, it is your own fault that I have not fired Manuel and Williams. If you would come to games, I might do something to correct the many problems this organization has. But you know nothing of loyalty and sacrifice, so I will not waste my valuable time by building a competitive team. You people don't deserve a winner."

Originally posted by ScottG :reinsy

These would be funnier if they weren't so close to the truth...

Iwritecode
07-25-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio! The longer Williams Manuel remain employed, the longer I am convinced that Jerry Reinsdorf does not care about the losing and us the fans. This organization is going nowhere but to hell in a hand basket with these two at the helm. Some may argue that it's not good for team chemistry to make this big change until after the season ends. Chemistry? What chemistry!!! If this team has chemistry, it's the same kind of chemistry that took place in Chernobyl.

Where are we going and what am I doing in this hand basket?

It's not that JR doesn't care about losing or about us the fans. He just cares more about how much money he is making rather than winning. We are his moneymakers, of course he cares about us. As far as chemistry goes, this team seems to have pretty good chemistry. Nobody is fighting because they are all too lifeless to do so. The mentality of the entire team is dead. It's like they come to the park almost expecting to lose, and usually find a way to do just that. Somehow last year this team made a historical rally from 15 games under .500 to finish a few games above. It wasn't quite enough at the end but at least they showed some life. I have no idea how they did it but they seemed to have forgotten too. Something needs to be done to put some life into this team. I don't think reassigning Nardi is going to do it...