PDA

View Full Version : Frank Talks About Tank

RKMeibalane
06-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Thomas on Viciedo (http://www.csnchicago.com/baseball-chicago-whitesox/whitesox-talk/White-Sox-morning-roundup?blockID=716356&feedID=10338)

Jurr
06-02-2012, 08:33 AM
I absolutely love the kid.
Talk about a short swing. He keeps that elbow tight and takes absolutely wicked cuts at the ball.

white sox bill
06-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Tank has the potential to become another Frank, in fact at first glance, they almost look alike.

soxgirl617
06-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Tank has the potential to become another Frank, in fact at first glance, they almost look alike.

I've been noticing the resembalance as well, especially when Viciedo has a batting helmet on.

Frater Perdurabo
06-02-2012, 11:34 AM
I've been noticing the resembalance as well, especially when Viciedo has a batting helmet on.

Except Frank is about three feet taller.

:)

gobears1987
06-02-2012, 12:02 PM

He might have the power of Frank, but he will never be the pure hitter and have the eye that Frank had. Those are what made Frank the greatest hitter of a generation.

Viciedo will be a good hitter, but he will never be a Frank Thomas. In fact I don't know if we'll ever see such a player again in our lifetimes.

HomeFish
06-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Frank Thomas wouldn't strike out on three pitches the way that Viciedo did last night. Tank looked more like Juan Uribe in that at-bat.

The guy who reminds me a bit of Frank Thomas is Bryce Harper. He's got a great eye (the thing I always found most distinguishing about Thomas), but I don't think he's had any 10+ pitch at bats of the kind Frank used to have.

voodoochile
06-02-2012, 01:46 PM

Wide body, small head, baby face. I noticed it when he first came up. Hopefully he can hit even 80% as well as Frank in his prime and the Sox will have a good one for years to come. Anything higher is gravy. Right now it looks like we gonna be drowning in gravy... :drool:

Thome_Fan
06-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Wide body, small head, baby face. I noticed it when he first came up. Hopefully he can hit even 80% as well as Frank in his prime and the Sox will have a good one for years to come. Anything higher is gravy. Right now it looks like we gonna be drowning in gravy... :drool:

I can't think of a better way to go. :tongue:

white sox bill
06-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Yea thats what I thought too when I first saw Tank in that uni....that that genious KW talked Frank out of retirement for 500K a yr :D: