MtGrnwdSoxFan
06-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Standings after June 1st games:

SOX 30-22
CLE 28-23, 1.5 GB
DET 24-28, 6 GB
KC 22-28, 7 GB
MIN 18-33, 11.5 GB

Cleveland keeps pace with the White (hot) Sox, winning 7-1 against that crappy team from Minneapolis.

The 2012 AL Central Champion* Tigers are playing like anything but, as they fall 9-4 against the Yankees.

Royals shut out the Oakland Athletics 2-0. Haven't the A's been shut out like 9 times already this season?

As of today, the Sox have both the most runs scored in the division (3rd in the league, only trailing Texas and Boston), and the least amount of runs given up in the division (4th in AL, behind Oakland, LAA(etc.) and Tampa Bay).

They've scored 20 more runs than the MOST PROLIFIC OFFENSE EVER~ in Detroit.

It's June and the Sox are on fire. Bring it, any and all comers. We've got this. :gulp:

ChiSoxGal85
06-02-2012, 12:08 AM
I briefly watched the Tigers-Yankees game tonight as the starter for the Tigers, making his MLB debut, is a local product from Kaneland High School. Unfortunately for him, but fortunately for the Sox, he was a little shaky - Granderson hit a granny off him. :smile:

hawkjt
06-02-2012, 02:17 AM
Crosby looked ok,but the Yanks shook him up.

I still think the Tigers are the main threat. The Tribe has a brutal schedule the rest of the way.

gf2020
06-02-2012, 02:40 AM
I still think the Tigers are the main threat. The Tribe has a brutal schedule the rest of the way.
I agree that the Tigers are the main threat, but is the Tribe's schedule really all that brutal, especially compared with the Tigers?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/huntforoctober

Yeah, they have nine more road games than home games, but they have played well on the road thus far and their Avg Win % of remaining opponents is 486. The Tigers is .501.

hawkjt
06-02-2012, 10:51 AM
I agree that the Tigers are the main threat, but is the Tribe's schedule really all that brutal, especially compared with the Tigers?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/huntforoctober

Yeah, they have nine more road games than home games, but they have played well on the road thus far and their Avg Win % of remaining opponents is 486. The Tigers is .501.

Well, I guess the numbers suggest that the Tigers have it tougher.
Just a gut feeling from looking at the Tribe's opponents.

Tragg
06-02-2012, 11:49 AM
The Royals will be a pain in the ass this season, and will be trouble in this division for a long time.

I have never been on the Tiger bandwagon. They may win 87-90 games this year, but I doubt it. More likely 83-87. Tribe too. Maybe the Royals.
And maybe us.
Anyway, I think 90 will win it.

vinny
06-02-2012, 11:25 PM
Toons lose to Minny so they don't gain any ground.

Meanwhile, Valverde ****s the bed in the 9th (2 HBP, 2 walks) allowing the Yankees to tie but the Tigers came back to win in the bottom of the 9th.

Foulke You
06-03-2012, 02:12 AM
Toons lose to Minny so they don't gain any ground.

Meanwhile, Valverde ****s the bed in the 9th (2 HBP, 2 walks) allowing the Yankees to tie but the Tigers came back to win in the bottom of the 9th.

Valverde has been very ineffective this year. Velocity has been down too. I wonder how long they will stick with him closing in Detroit?

sox1970
06-03-2012, 02:10 PM
3-0 Yankees, top 4 vs Verlander. Homers for Arod and Jeter.

A Sox win and Tigers loss today would spot the Sox a 6 game lead with 2/3 of the season left. I'll take that.

voodoochile
06-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Twinkies just put up an insurance run in the 7th 4-2 over the toons.

Edit: Now 5-2

Madscout
06-03-2012, 05:07 PM

The Yankees did everything they could to lose that game...they were hot garbage with a man on 3rd and less than 2 outs. They were lucky Valverde couldn't throw a strike to save his life.

Not that I'm complaining that the Yankees suck, but just wow...

aryzner
06-14-2012, 02:18 PM
The Reds are hitting like mad today and can sweep this series and assuming their big lead holds, they're doing us some huge favors here.

I hope the Sox can take advantage of this and build up more of a cushion in the division lead tonight.

SOXPHILE
06-14-2012, 03:59 PM
...and a big White Sox "Hello" and "Thank you very much" to the Cincinnati Reds, who clubbed the Jnjuns today, 12-5, completing a three game sweep. Sox win tonight, they're up 2.5 games.