PDA

View Full Version : Wood Apologizes to Bartman...

beasly213
06-01-2012, 11:47 AM
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/06/01/kerry-wood-apologizes-to-steve-bartman/

Thanks Kerry. It's just a LITTLE bit too late on that. After all you're the one that **** the bed in game 7, not Bartman.

C-Dawg
06-01-2012, 12:18 PM
LOL I think that's the wrong pitcher issuing the apology! Mark Prior was the one who pointed at him and thus caused Fox Sports to show the replay an extra 900 times.

Irishsox1
06-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Dusty Baker, Jon Kass (who's nothing but a jerk), the Cubs fans who threw stuff at him and that ugly looking big eared ESPN writer Wayne something for stalking him in a parking garage might want to apologize. Did Alou apologize yet? I can't remember in that Catching Hell documentary if he did. Also, does Alex Gonzalez send Bartman a gift every year for taking the blame off him for blowing a ready made inning ending double play?

Saying that, I always say the best thing I've ever done as a Sox fan is attend a Sox playoff game and NOT interfered with a play.

russ99
06-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Lol! I still think Wood and Bartman should open a restaurant together... They'd call it Goatwood.

FielderJones
06-01-2012, 03:17 PM
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/06/01/kerry-wood-apologizes-to-steve-bartman/

Geez, they can't even get the facts right. Bartman did not reach over the railing. The ball was clearly in the stands. Alou had to reach over the railing.

white sox bill
06-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Geez, they can't even get the facts right. Bartman did not reach over the railing. The ball was clearly in the stands. Alou had to reach over the railing.
I've always thought that too, this whole thing was just another PR blitz. Everyone knows Alou cant catch a cold

GoGoCrede
06-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Alou is the one who should apologize. Douche.

HomeFish
06-01-2012, 08:56 PM
I promised to send Steve Bartman a gift certificate to my favorite sandwich shop and never did. Sorry, Steve.

southwstchi4life
06-01-2012, 10:56 PM
I love how he said he didn't want to end his career on the DL when he spent a large portion of it on the DL. Whats the difference. This whole cub media spectacle of glorifying a pitcher choked in the biggest cub game in a 100 years, never won more than 14 games, and injury's is ridiculous. It bugged me more he did it during the sox cubs series because it forced me to watch it.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
06-02-2012, 01:58 AM
Yeah, nice job doing it 9 years after the fact. After Bartman has been in hiding for nine years because there's Cubs fans that still believe he and he alone is responsible for the Cubs tanking in the NLCS. Not Alex Gonzalez, not Mark Prior, not Dusty Baker. Nope, it was a fan that caused all this. Not the Marlins hitters who were crushing everything served to them by Cub pitching. It was just little old Bartman. Not the fans in the immediate vicinity who also tried going for the ball, then just as quickly pointed the finger at Bartman after Alou had his little hissy fit.

Morons.

Hey, if any of you idiots ever get lucky enough to experience your team in the playoffs again, here's a rule of thumb should you be lucky enough to sit in a seat right by the field of play. If there's a ball right outside the field of play, but the player can make a play on it, analyze the team on the field.

Cubs - DON'T go for the ball. It may be tempting, but if your guy has a shot at the play, don't go for the ball. It'll interfere with the player and even if he didn't have a shot at the ball, it'll avoid giving him an excuse for why he didn't catch it, like Alou did for Bartman. So back off and let your guy try to catch it. What good is it if you catch the ball, but then your player whines and bitches about how you interfered, and the rest of the sheep start throwing crap at you and you become entrenched in Cubbie folklore for years to come? Really worth it, huh?

The other team - Go nuts. If he goes into the stands to try to make the play, you don't let him. The stands are your territory, and he can't claim interference if you guys prevent him from catching it. That's not to say you can grab him or push him or do anything violent to him...just stand up and raise your arms, and don't give any ground. If you end up with a bruise or something, but you prevented the catch, you have a really cool story to tell your friends, especially if your team ends up winning.

Common sense.

soxinem1
06-02-2012, 08:53 AM
He should apologize for his deplorable, choking performance in Game 7 of the 2003 NLCS.

All he had to do was pitch and not throw BP, but that's what he did. He could have remedied the situation totally on his own and he blew it.

Wood comes through like he should....... And Bartman is an after-thought.

Hitmen77
06-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Dusty Baker, John Kass (who's nothing but a jerk), the Cubs fans who threw stuff at him and that ugly looking big eared ESPN writer Wayne something for stalking him in a parking garage might want to apologize. Did Alou apologize yet? I can't remember in that Catching Hell documentary if he did. Also, does Alex Gonzalez send Bartman a gift every year for taking the blame off him for blowing a ready made inning ending double play?

Saying that, I always say the best thing I've ever done as a Sox fan is attend a Sox playoff game and NOT interfered with a play.

I agree with all of this.

guillensdisciple
06-02-2012, 11:08 AM
It's sad what happened to him, and the fact that some Cubs fans can't get over that and him is somewhat ridiculous at this point.

amsteel
06-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Alternate article title:
Retired pitcher seeks attention by reaching out to the most recognizable Cubs figure of the last 10 years.

MarySwiss
06-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Alternate article title:
Retired pitcher seeks attention by reaching out to the most recognizable Cubs figure of the last 10 years.
Yep, that was my first thought as well. Pathetic, really. :?:

cws05champ
06-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Alternate article title:

Knowing the Cubs and their PR....does anybody think we have seen the last of Wood in a Cubs uniform? I think we'll see a comeback sometime next year.

thomas35forever
06-02-2012, 03:48 PM
If he thinks this is gonna get Bartman back to Wrigley Field any quicker, he's wrong. What's taking everyone so goddamn long? A man's life was ruined and they did nothing right off the bat.

Dan H
06-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Whatever apologies now are way too little, way too late, not to mention have the sound of phoniness.

There is one thing Cub fans will not escape: They were an ignorant disgrace that night. For years we heard how wonderful they were and, at a time when they needed to show some class, they instead showed their true colors. They can point to any other dumb or awful thing other fans have done, but the Bartman thing happened on a national stage and they embarassed themselves beyond belief. Cub Nation should be the ones saying they are sorry. But you'll never hear it and next year will mark 10 years without a playoff win.

Sox fans have their issues, too, but I'd like to think we would have never have done something this stupid. We have Disco Demolition, Cub fans have their Bartman incident. Cubs have more to be ashamed of. Now, can they and their losing franchise go away?