PDA

View Full Version : Correct me if I am wrong here...

thechico
05-29-2012, 05:40 PM
For the record, I do not believe in the curse or the cure for it. Just making a point here.

So there is this happy little goat who walked for 1600+ miles from Mesa to Chicago in order to break the "curse of the billy goat".

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-goats-long-journey-to-wrigley-field-ends-today-20120529,0,523753.story

Yet, he was denied admission to the game. Not a postseason game, but a regular season game. Isn't that why the Cubs were "cursed" in the first place? How would repeating one's actions cause a different reaction?

Also, before going on a 1600+ mile journey, wouldn't it make sense to contact the PR department at least to see IF the goat could be admitted?

We're a hair away from first place. Just swept the first place Indians. Just beat the Rays at their own park, Paulie is a hair from hitting .400 and THIS is what the media focuses on?

Sigh.

WhiteSox5187
05-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Isn't this like the fifth time the Cubs have let a goat into the park? I remember they did at one point in 1994, another time in '97, I seem to recall it happening a few times in the 2000s too.

DumpJerry
05-29-2012, 06:47 PM
We're a hair away from first place. Just swept the first place Indians. Just beat the Rays at their own park, Paulie is a hair from hitting .400 and THIS is what the media focuses on?

Sigh.
The Sox (and Konerko and Dunn) have gotten a ton of ink. They have to cover both teams, so they have to write something about the Cubs.

Moses_Scurry
05-29-2012, 06:49 PM
The Sox (and Konerko and Dunn) have gotten a ton of ink. They have to cover both teams, so they have to write something about the Cubs.

Yeah right. If they have to write something about the cubs, I'd much rather it be stupid meaningless **** like this that embarrasses the cub fans than stuff about them being a good team.

Zakath
05-29-2012, 09:44 PM
All those goats are imposters to the One True Goat.

HomeFish
05-29-2012, 09:48 PM
At one point in the late 90's or early 2000's, they tried to bring a goat to an Astros game and were denied. It was said that now the curse was on Houston.

I also remember a company advertising goat meat in Chicago by saying "to beat the curse, you have to eat the curse"

DickAllen72
05-29-2012, 10:17 PM
They now have to deal with the "Konerko Curse". They lost twelve in a row after hitting Paulie in the face. That'll teach 'em.

DSpivack
05-29-2012, 10:31 PM
At one point in the late 90's or early 2000's, they tried to bring a goat to an Astros game and were denied. It was said that now the curse was on Houston.

I also remember a company advertising goat meat in Chicago by saying "to beat the curse, you have to eat the curse"

I have eaten goat quite a few times on the north side of Chicago. It is particularly delicious on Devon Avenue in West Rogers Park. :tongue:

slavko
05-29-2012, 11:08 PM
I have eaten goat quite a few times on the north side of Chicago. It is particularly delicious on Devon Avenue in West Rogers Park. :tongue:

Ate me some cabrito stew in Morelia, Mexico years ago. Tasted a lot like Anymeat with Mexican spices.

PatK
05-30-2012, 10:52 AM

Don't forget the awesome Rosenbloom article about what were the Sox thinking by letting Sale throw 116 pitches the other day,

FielderJones
05-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Don't forget the awesome Rosenbloom article about what were the Sox thinking by letting Sale throw 116 pitches the other day,

Rosenbloom doesn't know the game (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0530-bits-white-sox-rays-chicago--20120530,0,7365930.story).

Frontman
05-30-2012, 06:07 PM
For once, I'm left asking where PETA was on this cruel and unusual treatment of a goat.......

doublem23
05-30-2012, 06:12 PM
For once, I'm left asking where PETA was on this cruel and unusual treatment of a goat.......

Walking?

Frontman
05-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Walking?

1,600 miles, man. That's terrible to do to a goat! Poor thing couldn't even get a bus ticket or at the least, buy a u-haul trailer and drive him.......

:wink:

balke
05-30-2012, 06:59 PM
1,600 miles, man. That's terrible to do to a goat! Poor thing couldn't even get a bus ticket or at the least, buy a u-haul trailer and drive him.......

:wink:

They rode the goat in a shaded baby carriage. As stupid as the idea of a curse is - they raised over $20,000 for cancer research.

cub killer
05-31-2012, 07:02 AM
That was during the 2003 playoff push. Some nerdy cub fans were outside Minute Maid "transferring" the curse to the Stros, who would win the pennant 2 years later. Meanwhile, the cubs have gone 67 years, and counting, without doing the same thing.

Fat lotta good their little stunt did them...