PDA

View Full Version : Yankmees scandal

Paulwny
07-24-2002, 06:15 AM
Mobster claims some yankees had gambling issues.

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam020723/mlb_nyy2-ap.html

Procol Harum
07-24-2002, 09:09 AM
Selig rose from his chair and slammed his fist on the table. His face was a vivid shade of crimson and the veins bulged in his neck: "That's it!" He screamed. "Break up the Yankees immediately! Don't even let 'em finish the season! Disband the franchise! Bulldoze Yankee Stadium and turn it into an apartment complex w/ adjacent tot lot." The other owners jumped to their feet shouting their approval....

We can all dream can't we? :)

Procol Harum
07-24-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Selig rose from his chair and slammed his fist on the table. His face was a vivid shade of crimson and the veins bulged in his neck: "That's it!" He screamed. "Break up the Yankees immediately! Don't even let 'em finish the season! Disband the franchise! Bulldoze Yankee Stadium and turn it into an apartment complex w/ adjacent tot lot." The other owners jumped to their feet shouting their approval....

How appropriate. I just noted that this post above about the stinkin' Yankees was my 666th to WSI....

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six." (Rev. 13:18 KJV) :o:

Paulwny
07-24-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Bulldoze Yankee Stadium

I'd pay to drive the bulldozer through the monument area of the stadium.