PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 'Everything Is Oh-K' SOX vs TAM 5/28 Post Game Thread

soxinem1
05-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Two of the best young LH starters in MLB put on a K-show today.

Another Dunn bomb off LHP.....

Nice to win a close one.

Let's make it seven tomorrow! :bandance:

DSpivack
05-28-2012, 05:46 PM
What a game.

amsteel
05-28-2012, 05:47 PM
This isn't a game they win 3 weeks ago.

Frater Perdurabo
Sometimes all you need is a dominant starter and a monstrous two-run bomb.

LITTLE NELL
Great win against a tough team, shows we can win the tight games along with slugging you to death.

ChiSoxGal85
Outstanding performance by Sale. Good d and Adam Dunn's monstrous HR are just enough to get er done.

Now if the Royals can just muster up a few more against the Indians...We could say hello, first place!

Zakath
05-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Maybe we should have kept Sale in the bullpen.

Dunn keeps even with the Cubs. 16 HR and 16 wins.

JB98
05-28-2012, 05:49 PM
This is as satisfying as any win the Sox have had all season.

On the road, one-run game, against an AL East contender, facing quality pitching. These are the kinds of games that separate the men from the boys.

Crooked Number
05-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Sale, stay healthy, because you are an ace. 15 k's? My goodness.

Dunn with the game winner (off another lefty who had filthy stuff going) & Hudson with some great d. Don't forget Pauly keeping his hit streak alive.

What a ballgame!

Shoeless
05-28-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm glad that we beat the (to quote Ed Farmer)"Tampa Ray Rays"

CanBuehrleWait
05-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Awesome Win.. Sale Wow:bandance:

cards press box
05-28-2012, 05:51 PM
What a great ballgame! Can't emphasize it strongly enough,

:winner

ElevenUp
05-28-2012, 05:53 PM
What a duel between young lefties! 5 games over .500 is a nice place to be. C'mon KC!

LITTLE NELL
05-28-2012, 05:54 PM
I'm glad that we beat the (to quote Ed Farmer)"Tampa Ray Rays"

Well at least he didn't say ''Tampa Ray Bays''.

Frontman
05-28-2012, 05:56 PM
What a pitching performance today. Two-one good guys, and now the Sox beat a very good team. Get 'em tomorrow for the series win.

NardiWasHere
05-28-2012, 05:56 PM
I had so much fun watching that game. Fantastic.

happydude
05-28-2012, 05:59 PM

On the road, one-run game, against an AL East contender, facing quality pitching. These are the kinds of games that separate the men from the boys.

Yes, indeed.

Soxman219
05-28-2012, 06:02 PM
This. is. FUN!:bandance:

kevingrt
05-28-2012, 06:04 PM
So much fun and dancing after this game.

Lip Man 1
05-28-2012, 06:04 PM
A damn fine win.

The 15 strikeouts ties for 2nd all time in a single game for the franchise. The Sox haven't had 15 or more strikeouts in a game since Jack Harshman got 16 in 1954.

What a performance.

Don't stop now boys.

Lip

SoxSpeed22
05-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Fun game to watch, both lineups were very overmatched today. We had just enough power to pull this off.

LITTLE NELL
05-28-2012, 06:09 PM
A damn fine win.

The 15 strikeouts ties for 2nd all time in a single game for the franchise. The Sox haven't had 15 or more strikeouts in a game since Jack Harshman got 16 in 1954.

What a performance.

Don't stop now boys.

Lip

Harshman could hit also, 12 HRs in his 4 years with the Sox. Used as a pinch hitter a few times.

beasly213
05-28-2012, 06:12 PM
It seems like the team is playing a lot more loose, having a lot more fun, and trying a lot harder.

That credit has to go to Robin. That ball that Rios caught that Beckham lost in the roof: Last year Rios would have been no where near that ball and it would have dropped in for a hit.

Maybe the team likes having a manager staying in the background and not begging for attention everywhere he goes.

Hendu
05-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Chris Sale was fantastic. And nice job by the pen to nail it down without any drama.

How about Hudson flashing the leather at third!

TDog
05-28-2012, 06:18 PM

Dunn with the game winner (off another lefty who had filthy stuff going) & Hudson with some great d. Don't forget Pauly keeping his hit streak alive.

What a ballgame!

I think Peavy and Sale make a great tandem at the top of the rotation even though Peavy has had a couple of bad starts in afternoon games at the Cell. Floyd, Danks and Humber have been inconsistent, although brilliant at times (which have been too infrequent).

Today Sale was brilliant. I think he was one off the team record for strikeouts in a game, unless someone surpassed Jack Harshman's 16-strikeout game while I wasn't looking. But for Zobrist, I thought Sale had a shot at a 20-strikeout one-hitter, which I have read, is an even greater achievement than a perfect game. That being lost, Ventura used the bullpen effectively for the last five outs. The Sox seemed to leave the big bats outside, but once again they followed the winning formula of scoring twice as many runs as their opposition.

It has probably been mentioned that this is the 10th win in the last 11 games for the White Sox, sixth in a row since the lopsided loss to the Twins. The last four wins have been against teams with better records. Those who have been rolling their eyes at the thought of the White Sox beating teams that they should beat anyway should start to notice that this is a pretty good White Sox team.

F4L
05-28-2012, 06:20 PM
I still think Sale is more valuable in the bullpen.

TomBradley72
05-28-2012, 06:26 PM
This is the kind of game a contender wins.

Made a 2 HR bomb by Dunn hold up to get us a win- Sale looked great, Hudson's play at 3rd was a game changer, Crain and Reed lock it down.

+ Hawk and Wimpy were AWESOME- I DVR the games for at least an hour or so- so I can fast forward through commercials and slow parts of the game- but with those two on- I watch the whole game at a normal pace- they are just great to listen to (and very funny) regardless of what's going on in the game.

October26
05-28-2012, 06:28 PM
So much fun and dancing after this game.

+1

Wonderful weekend, weather, and another White Sox winner! :bandance:

Foulke You
05-28-2012, 06:30 PM

Also a very tough stadium to win at. Throw in the Sox normal dome struggles and a very good Rays team and it shows what a gutsy win today's game was. Sale is the story but kudos to Dunn for continuing his resurrection 2012 tour.

BigKlu59
05-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Sale was wicked good today.. I was hoping he'd K 20 , but maybe thats for another day. Win em big or win em tight, these guys seem to have Robin's marching orders down pat. Nice to see Adam almost launch one into the Gulf.. Paulie keeps the streak alive as well... Great D at the right time by Hudson.. "smokin glove that glitters gold"

Lets go get em tomorrow, and as Lip says... "Don't stop now boys ! "

BK59

Chez
05-28-2012, 06:45 PM
What a great performance by Sale -- though the line-up the Rays ran out there today was pretty weak. Rays line-up against righties (with Scott, Joyce and Pena) is far more dangerous. Let's keep it going tomorrow.

Boondock Saint
05-28-2012, 06:46 PM
There are obviously better pitchers in baseball, but Sale is quickly becoming one of my favorite to watch. He really overpowers guys at times. Eight of his strikeouts took four or less pitches, and on 11 of them, the hitter went down swinging. That's how you know that a pitcher is dominating hitters. They're just up there guessing and hacking.

Frontman
05-28-2012, 06:51 PM
I am just thankful that Sale hasn't stunk since getting put back into rotation. Otherwise, the whole Kenny/Ozzie thing would be in 2012 the Kenny/Coop thing.

SCCWS
05-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Sometimes all you need is a dominant starter and a monstrous two-run bomb.

and a closer..............

DumpJerry
05-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Sale's performance was better than Kerry Wood's 20k performance for the following reasons:

1. There was a DH in the lineup.
2. He was taken out with the potential to face five more batters and, if he had stayed in, he would have struck them out.
3. There was a DH in the lineup.
4. He faced a first place team in the toughest division in the history of Major League Baseball.
5. There was no Pitcher in the lineup to be an automatic out.
6. Sale is a stud.

kittle42
05-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Sale's performance was better than Kerry Wood's 20k performance for the following reasons:

2. He was taken out with the potential to face five more batters and, if he had stayed in, he would have struck them out.
4. He faced a first place team in the toughest division in the history of Major League Baseball.
6. Sale is a stud.

I was thinking of posting something similar!

hawkjt
05-28-2012, 07:20 PM
This is how you hand the top team in the AL East only their 8th loss at home all year....your ace(yes,Sale is the ACE) shuts them down, your power hitter hits a 96mph fastball into the abyss,your defense shuts down any threats, and your bullpen finishes the job,with your closer going 1-2-3.

That is how you draw it up,gang.

Matt Moore has incredible stuff...clearly,his spotty record to this point was due to control issues,but today he was spot on..and the Sox beat him.

So glad the Sox got this one,cus the next two will be even tougher,with Humber and Quintana on the mound.

Thanks for nothing,Royals....oh,and Chris Perez is a huge butthole,and he will get his at some point this year. Alex ripped him,and the rest of the league is going to want to...today he was up to his old antics. Royals were staring him down at the end of their game...watch out,Chris.

LITTLE NELL
05-28-2012, 07:25 PM
This is how you hand the top team in the AL East only their 8th loss at home all year....your ace(yes,Sale is the ACE) shuts them down, your power hitter hits a 96mph fastball into the abyss,your defense shuts down any threats, and your bullpen finishes the job,with your closer going 1-2-3.

That is how you draw it up,gang.

Matt Moore has incredible stuff...clearly,his spotty record to this point was due to control issues,but today he was spot on..and the Sox beat him.

So glad the Sox got this one,cus the next two will be even tougher,with Humber and Quintana on the mound.

Thanks for nothing,Royals....oh,and Chris Perez is a huge butthole,and he will get his at some point this year. Alex ripped him,and the rest of the league is going to want to...today he was up to his old antics. Royals were staring him down at the end of their game...watch out,Chris.

Going Wednesday and it will good knowing that we will either be going for the sweep or the series win, todays win was huge.

StillMissOzzie
05-28-2012, 08:05 PM

What a ballgame!

Last year, this was a pitcher Dunn would have been benched for. What a difference a year makes!

SMO
:gulp:

ChicagoG19
05-28-2012, 08:06 PM
This game was a nice change of pace from this weekend's series. It was nice to see the Sox win a 1-run game against a quality opponent. Let's hope they can take at least get one more win on road in Tampa and continue the hot streak.

guillensdisciple
05-28-2012, 08:43 PM
This team is streaking, and hard at that. When you have a legitimate 3 and 4 on your team, everything changes.

ChiSoxGirl
05-28-2012, 09:21 PM

6. Sale is a stud.

:lol: Very well done.

Truth be told, when I was watching Sale's dominance unfold this afternoon, I did think about what the media coverage would be like if he reached that elusive #20. Sure, it would've been mentioned, but more as an "Oh, by the way..." statistic, not as "Chris Sale just pitched a game more outstanding that Philip Humber's perfect game last month."

Meh... whatever. The Sox won and while Sale's performance was beyond awesome, the win is what matters most at the end of the day.

SaltyPretzel
05-28-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm in Tampa right now and will be going to the game tomorrow. I listened to the game on Tampa radio. I hope Dave Wills will be on the Sox radio team someday.

balke
05-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Anyone still upset they didn't take Porcello? Sox looking TOUGH. Hopefully Danks gets some magic back soon.

MikeW
05-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Great win!!! I was hoping that Sale had tied the franchise record for strikeouts in a game. I don't know if the team was even aware that he was close to it. Jack Harshman was originally a 1b in the Giants chain but converted to pitching.

slavko
05-28-2012, 10:39 PM
:lol: Very well done.

Truth be told, when I was watching Sale's dominance unfold this afternoon, I did think about what the media coverage would be like if he reached that elusive #20. Sure, it would've been mentioned, but more as an "Oh, by the way..." statistic, not as "Chris Sale just pitched a game more outstanding that Philip Humber's perfect game last month."

Meh... whatever. The Sox won and while Sale's performance was beyond awesome, the win is what matters most at the end of the day.

If you want a Cub comparison, their shortstop can't put down a tag either. But all's well that ends well in this baseball purist's masterpiece. Pretty good dive play at 3B for a "washed up 2B." Game saver.

Can't say enough about Dunn. Safe to say all the stats around here proving he wouldn't have a comeback year were statistical lies. Had to be the appendix and recovery period, IMO. Cheers!

cws05champ
05-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Anyone still upset they didn't take Porcello? Sox looking TOUGH. Hopefully Danks gets some magic back soon.

Instead of Aaron Poreda....yes.

Tragg
05-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Important win.
We stepped up in class, and won in a different way than we've been winning.

Zakath
05-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Can't say enough about Dunn. Safe to say all the stats around here proving he wouldn't have a comeback year were statistical lies. Had to be the appendix and recovery period, IMO. Cheers!

I agree. We saw something similar with Paulie in 2008 when he tried to come back too fast from the oblique problem. Since the end of 2008, he's averaging .305, when before that his BEST season had been .313 in 2006.

I know he wanted to prove that he was worth the money the Sox shelled out for him, but he ended up proving that he wasn't worth it. In 2011. 2012's been a whole different story.

SteveFakeBlood
05-28-2012, 11:40 PM

6. Sale is a stud.

Haha, excellent- this was the best, but I'm glad a few others managed to "teal it up" in response to the Kerry Wood's 20 K's > than every perfect game ever idiocy. Still, I know you're not fully joking and there's a very thin line between teal and being seriously in awe of Sale's performance today because he was that good. Nevertheless, I'll add my own teal:

Sale's performance today was substantially better than every pitching performance in Chicago Cubs history!

OK, that all done- even watching the highlights of this game were fun. The Rays lineup isn't the same without Longoria, but with Upton, Joyce, Pena, Zobrist- they still have bats that can hurt you if you're not careful and are still a first place team (technically, now a second place team being half a game behind the O's). It looked like Dunn's homer ricocheted off the scoreboard in right (but it may have just hit a fan in the last row and bounced back, I didn't get a good look at it). The offense can afford to be sluggish with this kind of pitching performance.

I think the most impressive thing about this winning streak is that when the pitching hasn't been there, we've had more than enough offense and when the offense hasn't been there, the pitching has been outstanding. Teammates picking each other up and all that...

~ Steve

DSpivack
05-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Haha, excellent- this was the best, but I'm glad a few others managed to "teal it up" in response to the Kerry Wood's 20 K's > than every perfect game ever idiocy. Still, I know you're not fully joking and there's a very thin line between teal and being seriously in awe of Sale's performance today because he was that good. Nevertheless, I'll add my own teal:

Sale's performance today was substantially better than every pitching performance in Chicago Cubs history!

OK, that all done- even watching the highlights of this game were fun. The Rays lineup isn't the same without Longoria, but with Upton, Joyce, Pena, Zobrist- they still have bats that can hurt you if you're not careful and are still a first place team (technically, now a second place team being half a game behind the O's). It looked like Dunn's homer ricocheted off the scoreboard in right (but it may have just hit a fan in the last row and bounced back, I didn't get a good look at it). The offense can afford to be sluggish with this kind of pitching performance.

I think the most impressive thing about this winning streak is that when the pitching hasn't been there, we've had more than enough offense and when the offense hasn't been there, the pitching has been outstanding. Teammates picking each other up and all that...

~ Steve

Mine eyes! :tealpolice::tongue:

As for today's game, I felt like I was watching the future stars of the American League in Sale and Moore. It reminded me of the duels that Buehrle and Mulder had when they were just emerging as starters, although being completely different types of pitchers. I look forward to many more years of Sale and Moore dominating from the left side of the mound.

palehozenychicty
05-28-2012, 11:54 PM
I have to check the stats and highlights, but this is an excellent win. I said after his start in Seattle that Sale would be our best starter. He is proving that even faster than imagined. Right on, Sox!

balke
05-29-2012, 02:01 AM

Yikes - bad memory. I obviously had them confused. I didn't think Sale would be this good as a starter though - really in shock a Sox draft pick is working out so well so fast.

sullythered
05-29-2012, 04:31 AM

Not me. Porcello has an 11 million dollar contract paying him to be below average.

#1swisher
05-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Gary Shelton breaks down Mondays, Rays lineup. "The last time you saw a lineup like this was spring training."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/for-tampa-bay-rays-this-lineup-is-puzzler/1232487

DonnieDarko
05-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Gary Shelton breaks down Mondays, Rays lineup. "The last time you saw a lineup like this was spring training."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/for-tampa-bay-rays-this-lineup-is-puzzler/1232487

Still doesn't detract from Sale's performance, IMHO. Just watching him on TV, I could see that his stuff yesterday was just absolutely filthy. Hope he keeps it up.