PDA

View Full Version : Dodger Stadium Tips?

delben91
05-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Going to the Saturday night game next month when the Sox are in town. Never been to Dodger Stadium before, any recommendations on things to see or avoid?

Brian26
05-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Going to the Saturday night game next month when the Sox are in town. Never been to Dodger Stadium before, any recommendations on things to see or avoid?

Don't wear a Giants cap in the parking lot.

Have fun - would love to get out there someday.

Hendu
05-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Mrs. Hendu and I went last year and had a blast. If you haven't bought tix yet, get them in the top deck for the experience of going up the side of the mountain and entering down into the stadium. Plus a great view from up there.

I thought the Dodger Dog was nothing special really, but it's something you have to try once I guess.

I'd say get there early and wait until the final out to leave. You should avoid a lot of the traffic. Granted, the game we went to last year was not heavily attended (maybe 25k) due to the Dodgers being a mess.

MrT27
05-28-2012, 06:01 PM
As mentioned before try a Dodger Dog but don't expect much from it.

If you haven't got your tickets already the RF section has a deal (or at least did last year) where you get a tix and all you can eat food.

There really isn't a whole lot to do in the immediate area so if you were going to grab some food and/or drinks right before the game plan on elsewhere.

Public transportation isn't a great option at all, drive if possible.

I was there last year for the first time and I think it is a great ballpark, you'll enjoy it!

Tannerfan
05-28-2012, 06:18 PM
For my money the best seats are on the lodge level. Just a perfect view if you're sitting in the infield lodge seats. Best view at a baseball stadium in the world. There are some great places to eat and drink before and after the game in Echo Park. My favorite is Mohawk Bend on Sunset just west of Alvarado. There's The Shortstop also on Sunset closer to Elysian Park. It's kind of a hipster bar, better pregame than post.
Also Trax is a french restaurant with a very nice bar. Family run, very friendly. It's been there forever, also on Sunset.
You should be careful about wearing visiting team gear. Inside the park things are fine, but the parking lot afterward can be a little intense for fans of the opposition. Especially if the Dodgers win. They are a minority but there are some real jerk Dodger fans who love to intimidate fans after the game.

GoGoCrede
05-28-2012, 06:59 PM
It's absolutely beautiful, but such a pain to drive to in traffic. Leave early. I agree about the Dodger Dog, it's nothing special. And yet it seems like the thing to do when you're there. So I'd try it.

Have a good time. It is one of the most beautiful stadiums in MLB. My first baseball game was a Dodger-Giants game, it was fun.

LITTLE NELL
05-28-2012, 07:14 PM

Not much around the stadium, completely surrounded by parking lots.
Still in great shape, truly a beautiful stadium.

DumpJerry
05-28-2012, 07:20 PM
If you're in the parking lot, mind your own business and don't start anything.

palehozenychicty
06-05-2012, 05:23 PM
You need to get some Camacho's Nachos. They're kinda good.
The bleacher seats are cool too!

I love Dodger Stadium. If you get there early enough, hit The Shortstop. It's a bar at the bottom of the hill in Echo Park on Sunset Blvd.

:cool:

06-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Don't wear a Giants cap in the parking lot.

:nocomment:

eriqjaffe
06-05-2012, 05:53 PM
If possible, try to park in the lot that leads out to the Academy Gate, preferably as far out as you can manage. I've had very good luck getting out quickly from that spot, even when the park was packed due to a fireworks show (so fewer people left early) - much less of a parking lot crush to push through over there.

http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/la/ballpark/transportation/index.jsp?content=directions

Then again, you might not have a choice, they may wave you around to wherever they want you to park.

Dodger Stadium is a beautiful place to see a ball game, IMO. It's been years since I've been there, but I always enjoyed getting a Western Bacon Cheeseburger from one of the Carl's Jr. stands they have (or at least had) there.

MISoxfan
06-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I went to a Dodgers/Phillies playoff game in 2008 with some of my friends from Philly. They all had Phillies gear on and we were harrassed, had stuff thrown at us, and threatened. Granted, my friends were drunk and obnoxious.

RKMeibalane
06-05-2012, 08:00 PM
IIRC, "Two-Time's" house is located near Dodger Stadium. Two-Time was the drug dealer killed by Vic Mackey during the series premier of The Shield, during the same mission in which Farmington Strike Team member Terry Crowley was assasinated by Mackey.

SOX LA Mikey
06-06-2012, 06:14 AM
Don't waste $ on a Dodger Dog, Absolutely pedestrian hot dog.
Friday night is a fireworks night, So the visiting team (in this case the Sox)
will be trying to leave with people still in the park, hang near the 1st base dugout to see them.
No mobile beer vendors anywhere in CA, so ya gotta get up and get em yourself every time.

ChicagoRushFan
06-06-2012, 02:40 PM
They check tickets if you are trying to get to the lowest level for pictures, etc. So if you want to be down there, buy a ticket. That was my experience anyway. As a Sox fan, you should be used to that. The previous poster is correct, the Loge level is awesome. Milwaukee and Los Angeles are the only two places that have a level at that height and it makes for an awesome view and a different feel than other ballparks.