PDA

View Full Version : Tor SS

LongDistanceFan
07-24-2002, 04:09 AM
Felipe Lopez was sent down to the minors. Accoding to cbs rumors, they may be looking into dealing him.

what do you guys think of him in a sox uni?

kermittheefrog
07-24-2002, 10:42 PM
Lopez is interesting. He's got a ton of talent as does anyone who makes the majors at age 21 but he has a lot to learn. He doesn't walk enough and even though he has great speed he doesn't steal a lot of bases. He has shown some power at the major league level and could be a 25 homer guy some day. Considering how young he was entering the majors I think he'll be a good player but it will take some help from his organization. I'm not confident the Sox could turn Lopez's talent into a major league player.

hsc1
07-25-2002, 12:50 AM
isnt jimenez sitting down in AAA right now waiting to come up??? i dont think we need another ss... i would rather hold out for some decient pitching or a catcher instead......

LongDistanceFan
07-25-2002, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by hsc1
isnt jimenez sitting down in AAA right now waiting to come up??? i dont think we need another ss... i would rather hold out for some decient pitching or a catcher instead......

well according to a lot of people, jimenez is at best a backup or a second basemen. so getting lopez, if we are able too, can help. lopez is 22, good range, good speed, and can make contact. he had a rough yr and if tor has given up on him already, i think he is a talent that is worth investigating. this yr, i think his prob is that he might be going for the fences too much when he is batting.

baggio202
07-25-2002, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan

well according to a lot of people, jimenez is at best a backup or a second basemen. so getting lopez, if we are able too, can help. lopez is 22, good range, good speed, and can make contact. he had a rough yr and if tor has given up on him already, i think he is a talent that is worth investigating. this yr, i think his prob is that he might be going for the fences too much when he is batting.

you dont mention anything about his clubhouse demeanor??...unless he is a clubhouse cancer i dont think williams wants him