PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5/25 "Jose Quintana, You are a Friend of Mine" Postgame Thread

vinny
05-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Enjoy your beer shower!

:soxwin:

Frater Perdurabo
05-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Great win!

Foulke You
05-25-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm loving the "shock and awe" White Sox offense lately. Big statement game tonight. 2 over .500, 2.5 games back, 7 wins in their last 8 games. Go Go Sox!:bandance:

Brian26
2.5 games out.

Seven wins out of last eight games.

all*star quentin
I like this team. :)

Shoeless
05-25-2012, 10:18 PM
https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50503_123218356525_1927979_n.jpg

spongyfungy
05-25-2012, 10:21 PM
ESPN MLB

http://i.imgur.com/zNJYn.jpg

gaelhound
05-25-2012, 10:21 PM
If the rest of the league is going to roll over for these guys, we got to beat them ourselves.

Crooked Number
05-25-2012, 10:26 PM
"****ing Quintana, that kid can roll man..."

I know there are a lot out there who feel that the Sox aren't going anywhere this year, but this is inspiring ball being played. This club has a great attitude, and they are having fun. It's fun to watch. The long ball has arrived on the south side!

Dsnb!

Zakath
05-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Third win in a row at home. The last time they did that? August 13-16, 2011 (they actually won four home games in a row from August 20-30, but had a road trip in the middle where they beat Texas twice before the trip and Minnesota twice after).

The big difference lately seems to be the ability to put up big crooked numbers where they're stringing together hits, especially with 2 outs.

Tragg
05-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Quintana looks like a nice little pickup.
Like those BBs from the 9 hole hitter too.
some excellent hitting by newcomers.
Looking good.

kevingrt
05-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Lets go back to the six man rotation!

AshleyShaferBMW
05-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Nice job Quintana. Sox have been hitting a ton of home runs lately.

gogosox16
05-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Nice job Quintana. Sox have been hitting a ton of home runs lately.
To make it even better they all haven't been solo shots.

SoxSpeed22
05-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Nice work new guy. He used all sides of the plate, mixed up his pitches and showed good poise. He was regarded as an unheralded signing, but he might factor into the long-term plans.
AJ getting Gomez to lose his composure opened up the floodgates.

Tragg
05-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Who has the stronger arm: Johnny Damon or Juan Pierre?

Shoeless
05-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Who has the stronger arm: Johnny Damon or Juan Pierre?

Answer "C. Everyone else"

Foulke You
05-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Quintana did a good job tonight despite having trouble locating his secondary pitches. He battled his butt off and gave us the 6 innings we needed in a very big game. A well deserved win. I know I'm dating myself here a bit but Jose Quintana's name made me think of this classic video game :tongue: :

http://www.geekvintage.com/images/atari-2600-cartridge-quest-for-quintana-roo.jpg

The Immigrant
05-25-2012, 10:51 PM
http://www.moviecritic.com.au/images/john-turturro-as-jesus-quintana.jpg

Dios mio, man. A.J. and me, we're gonna **** you up!

chisoxfanatic
05-25-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm loving the "shock and awe" White Sox offense lately. Big statement game tonight. 2 over .500, 2.5 games back, 7 wins in their last 8 games. Go Go Sox!:bandance:
20 runs in 2 games. :o:

This team is FUN! A bunch of lesser-named players are contributing and are lead by the big guns, which is a nice mix.

This could be a fun summer.
Lets go back to the six man rotation!
MY EYES!!! :tealpolice:

SaltyPretzel
05-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Nice work new guy. He used all sides of the plate, mixed up his pitches and showed good poise. He was regarded as an unheralded signing, but he might factor into the long-term plans.
AJ getting Gomez to lose his composure opened up the floodgates.

I missed the game. What did he do?

MarySwiss
05-25-2012, 11:31 PM

I was wondering also. Anybody?

sullythered
05-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Tank is hammering the **** out of the ball right now. Startin to believe in this team.

sullythered
05-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Don't know what formula they use, but as of tonight, ESPN has the Sox with the second best % chance of making the AL Playoffs, behind only Texas.

SoxSpeed22
05-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Basically in the 6th, when AJ drew that walk, he was kind of showy when he flipped the bat. I guess Gomez took offense to that when he stared him down. Tank walked after that, then Alexei got that hit.

MarySwiss
05-25-2012, 11:53 PM

Basically in the 6th, when AJ drew that walk, he was kind of showy when he flipped the bat. I guess Gomez took offense to that when he stared him down. Tank walked after that, then Alexei got that hit.
Thanks! Damn, how I love AJ!!!

TaylorStSox
05-25-2012, 11:55 PM
They're starting to look like the team KW tried to build last year, good pitching and a balanced line up. If Ramirez and Beckham start hitting... Watch out!!!

chisoxfanatic
05-26-2012, 12:12 AM
Pretty decent for what was supposed to be a rebuilding year, I'd say.

samurai_sox
05-26-2012, 12:25 AM
Great job Sox,

**** the Indians.

Hopefully we keep Chris Perez's mouth shut this series.

spongyfungy
05-26-2012, 12:54 AM
Tomorrow's game is going to be huge. I wonder if we'll see Kosuke against Derek Lowe. He's 4 for 10 with 2 BB and no K's against him while Rios is 0 for 10, 0 BB and 4 K's lifetime.

TDog
05-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Don't know what formula they use, but as of tonight, ESPN has the Sox with the second best % chance of making the AL Playoffs, behind only Texas.

Seeing how it's ESPN, they might do that South Park thing where they cut off a chicken's head and watch where it ends up. Or maybe I'm thinking of Sports Illustrated.

I was impressed by Quintana tonight. The way the game started, I thought it was going to be a short night for Quintana and a long night for the Sox, but he limited the first inning damage to one run. After Dunn put the Sox on top in the bottom of the inning, Quintana never gave up the lead, and they didn't pull away until he through pitching for hte night.

At first it appeared the Indians were ready for him, having recently faced him. He shut them down in his major league debut in relief, although the Sox were out of the game. Tonight he pitched his way out of a bit of trouble, and limited the damage after a debut where he went through the Indians lineup a couple of times without having to pitch out of trouble.

The Sox made things a lot easier for the bullpen when they added to the lead with two-out runs in the sixth and took advantage of an error to put up three more in the seventh. They left the bases loaded in the eighth, but already had a big late lead.

The Sox beat the first place team in the division tonight without going to their go-to pitchers and had an excess of offense despite getting no more from Konerko than a bases-empty single.

Really, an impressive night.

spongyfungy
05-26-2012, 01:02 AM

That's their playoff predictor Hunt for October (http://espn.go.com/mlb/huntforoctober)

they leapfrogged the Rays (59.1) to the Sox 59.8

BigHurt3515
05-26-2012, 01:19 AM
Didnt get to watch the game tonight because I was at the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert but it was awesome checking my phone and seeing we won 9-3.

Seems like we are hitting everything now and its awesome to see. Viciedo is a stud, I told everyone he would start heating up and he did. I love watching him hit, its a great site to see.

Lets keep this up!

GO SOX!!!

russ99
05-26-2012, 01:26 AM
"****ing Quintana, that kid can roll man..."

LOL!! I was thinking that all night. :D:

hawkjt
05-26-2012, 01:57 AM
Are the tribe starting to experience some injuries like last year at this point when they were 30-15? Pronk was out tonite, Cabrera went out with a hammy,and Santana left late.

Sox need to press their advantage this weekend,while the bats are hot.
Lowe has been unhittable,but the ball will fly tomorrow again if he gets it up at all.

Quintana looked very shaky with his control,but worked out of jams well.
I do think that lefties give the Tribe more trouble..a lot more trouble. Too bad Sale is not going this weekend.

Tank is a force of nature right now,just get and go for a ride while he is hot. There is not much more fun that watching those oppo homers by both Dunn and Tank, the sheer power....PK almost did it also tonite.

Alejandro has just been amazing,and probably our most clutch hitter outside of PK. DeAza triggers the whole offense...and now is driving in two out runs also...massive.

AJ,PK,DeAza,and Tank are red hot....with their power,that is enough to give our pitchers a chance. Tomorrow is ACE vs ACE....Jake needs to keep them in the yard, and off base.

This game could not have played out better for the bullpen.
Hector Santiago looked great tonite. Stoney said today on the Score that Coop is working on altering Hectors repetoire a bit...thought he threw more offspeed tonite...for strikes.

Stewart is mopup man lately,and is in there to just throw strikes...so he gives up a homer..no biggie. He kept our big boys,Jones,Crain,Thornton,and Reed on the bench...all good.
I hope we never see Perez in this series....which means no closing chances for the tribe....get'em tomorrow.

gobears1987
05-26-2012, 02:07 AM
https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50503_123218356525_1927979_n.jpg

Now that's a throwback

cards press box
05-26-2012, 06:52 AM
Jose Quintana battled and did a good job. I haven't heard but I assume that he will pitch against Tampa Bay next week.

In any event, for tonight:

:winner

slavko
05-26-2012, 07:34 AM

Considering the number of walks AJ and Tank get, they should flip bats and have birthday cake when they get one. Add Alexei to that.

We don't suck! I'm delighted.:D:

October26
05-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Considering the number of walks AJ and Tank get, they should flip bats and have birthday cake when they get one. Add Alexei to that.

We don't suck! I'm delighted.:D:

+1

I have really enjoyed watching White Sox baseball this past week (minus the yucky Twins game). Don't Stop Now Boys! :bandance:

Chez
05-26-2012, 10:12 AM
How 'bout a little love for De Aza? "Handro" has been doing the job as a lead-off man.

fram40
05-26-2012, 10:22 AM
+1

I have really enjoyed watching White Sox baseball this past week (minus the yucky Twins game). Don't Stop Now Boys! :bandance:

agreed. 7 out of the last 8. naturally, I was at the "yucky Twins game"

Altho - the Sox have won 2 of the 3 games I have attended so far.

TheVulture
05-26-2012, 12:39 PM
http://www.moviecritic.com.au/images/john-turturro-as-jesus-quintana.jpg

Dios mio, man. A.J. and me, we're gonna **** you up!

You got a date Wednesday, baby!

cws05champ
05-26-2012, 02:05 PM
That's their playoff predictor Hunt for October (http://espn.go.com/mlb/huntforoctober)

they leapfrogged the Rays (59.1) to the Sox 59.8
The thing that stands out to me is the +/- run differential. Sox are +17 and everyone else in the Central, including the Tribe, are negative. What is crazy is the Rangers at +90 already. :mg:

chisoxfanatic
05-26-2012, 02:19 PM
The thing that stands out to me is the +/- run differential. Sox are +17 and everyone else in the Central, including the Tribe, are negative. What is crazy is the Rangers at +90 already. :mg:
Sox have also given up less and scored more runs than any other team in the division.

October26
05-26-2012, 02:48 PM
How 'bout a little love for De Aza? "Handro" has been doing the job as a lead-off man.

Absolutely! Alejandro De Awesome (as doublem23 calls him) has been a joy to watch so far this year. I like De Aza's aggresive style of play both offensively and defensively. Alejandro has definitely been doing a great job as the Sox lead-off man.

agreed. 7 out of the last 8. naturally, I was at the "yucky Twins game"

Altho - the Sox have won 2 of the 3 games I have attended so far.

You need to attend more games. :cool:

OmahaSoxFan
05-26-2012, 02:52 PM

Wow, this could be a fun summer if the bats keep rocking, and the bullpen holds up. With a solid anchor, dare I say ace, on our staff like Peavy and a huge arm like Sale - if the bullpen holds up this team can surely win the Central. Add in that the Tigers have looked mediocre and the Toons just don't seem that good (well against the Sox), I think the Sox could be in the picture come Fall! Go go Sox, and whatever you are doing Robin - keep it up!

The Immigrant
05-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Sox have also given up less and scored more runs than any other team in the division.

As of tonight, only Toronto has a better run differential.

cws05champ
05-26-2012, 08:44 PM
As of tonight, only Toronto has a better run differential.

I think you missed Texas, they have by far the best run diff in MLB.

Noneck
05-26-2012, 09:15 PM
When people start posting about sitting back and enjoy, after only a week and a half run, it made me realize why people are not going to park. It has been quite some time since the Sox have played good baseball.

TomBradley72
05-26-2012, 11:53 PM
When people start posting about sitting back and enjoy, after only a week and a half run, it made me realize why people are not going to park. It has been quite some time since the Sox have played good baseball.

A year ago at this time the Sox were 23-28, 9 GB; in 2010 19-26, 20-24 5.5 GB in 2009, it's been 4 years since we were over .500 in late May (28-23 in 2008).