PDA

View Full Version : Ventura Bobblehead Saturday

SephClone89
05-25-2012, 11:32 AM
http://media-cache6.pinterest.com/upload/182395853628673454_i6IbghSD_b.jpg

Anyone else going Saturday? There's 20,000 of them, so I'm trying to figure out if I have to get there significantly early or not. The Sox have been topping out at 20k or so, and I usually get there about an hour early, so...

DonnieDarko
05-25-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm going, too. I plan to be there right as the gates open, just to be safe. I suggest that same for just about everyone that wants to get the bobblehead.

beasly213
05-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Gates open 2 hours before. If you get there about an hour and a half or so before you should be good. I don't see a big crowd coming out but it is a holiday weekend so you never know.

Also, if anyone is going and sees they end up with extras and want to grab me one I'd be in debt to you! :cool:

TomBradley72
05-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Anyone else disappointed in this bobblehead?- just looks like a generic guy with a White Sox uniform and the name Ventura.

The bobblehead should have been Robin slung over Frank's shoulder after his walk off grand slam vs. Gossage.

If the weather is decent- I would hope the Sox get 30,000 to the game- 3:00 start, bobblehead day, holiday weekend, nice weather(?), we're a 2nd place team playing the 1st place team w/a match up of Peavy vs. Lowe- if our fan base doesn't support them this series I'll be very disappointed.

beasly213
05-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Anyone else disappointed in this bobblehead?- just looks like a generic guy with a White Sox uniform and the name Ventura.

The bobblehead should have been Robin slung over Frank's shoulder after his walk off grand slam vs. Gossage.

If the weather is decent- I would hope the Sox get 30,000 to the game- 3:00 start, bobblehead day, holiday weekend, nice weather(?), we're a 2nd place team playing the 1st place team w/a match up of Peavy vs. Lowe- if our fan base doesn't support them this series I'll be very disappointed.

It is kinda meh... Then again after the Frank Thomas Bobble head, everything looks meh.

chisoxfanatic
05-25-2012, 02:19 PM
It does look awful. I wonder if all the Chicago teams go through the same company to produce their bobbleheads. I got a Jonathan Toews one a few years ago that looks more like Barack Obama!

VenturaFan23
05-25-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm going too and yeah the bobblehead looks meh.

beasly213
05-25-2012, 03:09 PM
It does look awful. I wonder if all the Chicago teams go through the same company to produce their bobbleheads. I got a Jonathan Toews one a few years ago that looks more like Barack Obama!

I'm almost 100% positive that Toews bobble head is th EXACT same face as the miller lite vendor bobble head.

AlexeisAlley
05-29-2012, 11:08 AM
I was at the game Saturday, ended up with one extra.
I also have a Thomas extra from last year.

If anyone has any other bobbleheads to trade, let me know.
I'd most likely say yes as long as it's one I don't have.

Thanks!