PDA

View Full Version : Get on the phone to Boston, KW...

Tragg
07-23-2002, 11:33 PM
they blew a 4-0 9th inning lead to the Rays today. They need bullpen help bad. First, get Foulke back into the closer's role. His history is that he pitches his best when closing - A couple of saves and his value will increase a lot. He has 2 years of stellar resume behind him. If he blows the saves, no big deal - no worse off than before. Real upside in his trade value by letting him close.
Osuna should have some value (if we want to get rid of him).
One of the leftys too. Isn't Embree their top lefty closer? LOL.
I don't want to trade all these guys, but if we can get some young players near ML ready in return, deal any of them.

Jerry_Manuel
07-23-2002, 11:44 PM
Unless they've pulled some great prospects out of their behind, Boston's farm system is dry.

Maybe I'm thinking of another team though.

Spiff
07-24-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
they blew a 4-0 9th inning lead to the Rays today. They need bullpen help bad. First, get Foulke back into the closer's role. His history is that he pitches his best when closing - A couple of saves and his value will increase a lot. He has 2 years of stellar resume behind him. If he blows the saves, no big deal - no worse off than before. Real upside in his trade value by letting him close.
Osuna should have some value (if we want to get rid of him).
One of the leftys too. Isn't Embree their top lefty closer? LOL.
I don't want to trade all these guys, but if we can get some young players near ML ready in return, deal any of them.

Urbina has been great. He pitched two on sunday against NY I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Suffice it to say, Foulke would not be better.

Embree was very good for Boston before he went on the DL.

Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Unless they've pulled some great prospects out of their behind, Boston's farm system is dry.

Maybe I'm thinking of another team though.

Yep. Bone dry.

baggio202
07-24-2002, 06:25 AM
the thought of KW making any more deals makes me want to hurl

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-24-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by baggio202
the thought of KW making any more deals makes me want to hurl

Yeah, He's done enough damage already.

:KW

"i'M A DUMBASS!!"

duke of dorwood
07-24-2002, 07:49 AM
The Angels are a prime spot for Osuna to go.

hold2dibber
07-24-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
The Angels are a prime spot for Osuna to go.

Why trade Osuna? He isn't great, but he's okay and its not like the Sox have an abundance of reliable bullpen guys. Unless the Angels have a serious pitching, SS or C prospect who is just about MLB ready, I wouldn't consider moving Osuna. Or Foulke, for that matter. Foulke has been too good historically to just give up on. With a pitching coach who actually knows something about mechanics, there is no reason to think that Foulke can't be dominant again. So why trade him now when his value is low?

duke of dorwood
07-24-2002, 09:49 AM
I wouldnt trade Foulke-Osuna's contract is up after this year. And some teams need relief real bad now-Osuna's calibur could net us some needed players. Unless , of couse, KW is KW.

Iwritecode
07-24-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Spiff Urbina has been great. He pitched two on sunday against NY I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Suffice it to say, Foulke would not be better.

Wasn't is just last week were he blew back to back saves? Plus another one last night? Against the D-rays no less? I don't know that Foulke would be better but it doesn't look like he'd be any worse...

hold2dibber
07-24-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I wouldnt trade Foulke-Osuna's contract is up after this year. And some teams need relief real bad now-Osuna's calibur could net us some needed players. Unless , of couse, KW is KW.

I didn't realize Osuna was an FA after the season. I wonder what the chances are of his being re-signed and what his market value will be. I guess it depends on how well he performs as a closer.

Jerry_Manuel
07-24-2002, 01:25 PM
Foulkes' is up after next season as well I do believe.