PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5-22 Floyd pukes, Crappy Perpetual Losers 9, Corpseballers 2 Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
05-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Not much more to say

samurai_sox
05-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Title says it all. :angry:

soltrain21
05-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Decided to watch "Attack The Block" with the wife instead of watching the game. Seems I made the right choice.

GoGoCrede
05-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Better next time, #34. I'm rooting for you.

Rikirk
05-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Can we get Buehrle back?

Frater Perdurabo
05-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Ooh, do we get to tip our caps?

JB98
05-22-2012, 09:41 PM
The Twins are 3-8 in their last 11 against the Sox dating back to last year.

Enough of the Twins' ass-kissing. They suck.

WhiteSox5187
05-22-2012, 09:44 PM
This team should be embarrassed. To get humiliated at home by the worst team in baseball is inexcusable. The mental block this team has against the Twins is mind boggling.

WhiteSox5187
05-22-2012, 09:46 PM
The Twins are 3-8 in their last 11 against the Sox dating back to last year.

Enough of the Twins' ass-kissing. They suck.

Yea but they started out 7-0 against us. The Twins suck so we need to find a way to beat them.

JB98
05-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Yea but they started out 7-0 against us. The Twins suck so we need to find a way to beat them.

The Sox will win their fair share against them. They'll probably destroy the Twins up in Minnesota.

Sox win their road games and play terrible at home. It really doesn't matter who the opposition is.

Railsplitter
05-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Me not happy
:redface::angry:

Frater Perdurabo
05-22-2012, 09:49 PM
I think it's more Floyd's mental block now

tstrike2000
05-22-2012, 09:51 PM
For whatever reason, we suck at home and Gavin sucks against the Twins, so it's a recipe for disaster. Please win tomorrow.

Brian26
05-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Can we get Buehrle back?

I seem to recall Buehrle blowing up more than once against the Twins, including a Sunday night game in the Dome.

Golden Sox
05-22-2012, 09:59 PM
1) We don't play good at home. 2)We still have trouble beating the Twins. 3) Gavin Floyd can't beat the Twins. 4) I wish we were still playing the Cubs.

BigKlu59
05-22-2012, 10:05 PM
:angry: Maddening **** this is isnt it? Just when you think they have turned the corner the **** pail explodes in their faces. If this happened in the Baggie Dome I could rationalize it, but this stinkatude at "The Cell" is getting a little old. What a letdown after the ray of sunshine over the weekend.. Get these Twinks tomorrow. Time to make up some ground whilst the Toons and MoCats slap each other around..

BK59

Lip Man 1
05-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Typical since last year, they come home, look like ****.

Guess it's the fan's fault for booing.

Lip

kittle42
05-22-2012, 10:14 PM
This team is what it is. I wish some team in our division was like 15 games over .500 so some folks could just have less hope.

Zakath
05-22-2012, 10:16 PM
With 15 out of 18 at home between now and mid-June, something needs to give. I suggest wearing gray and hitting first.

Lip Man 1
05-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Sox are 43-58 at home since the start of last season.

Not the best way to win friends, influence people and get fans excited and out to the park is it?

Lip

JB98
05-22-2012, 10:23 PM
This team is what it is. I wish some team in our division was like 15 games over .500 so some folks could just have less hope.

I'm really kinda surprised some people are so let down and/or shocked by this loss. Yeah, the Twins stink, but they've won five out of six. And the Sox are not good enough to dominate anybody. And Floyd is still a streaky headcase.

Lip Man 1
05-22-2012, 10:24 PM
JB:

Well the Sox do dominate the Cubs no matter how bad they are.

:D:

Lip

Frontman
05-22-2012, 10:25 PM
"Whoever has the hammer and is pounding it into my head, please stop. I can't take much more pain....."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Qg8QDyTjjF4/RyvWadqIYVI/AAAAAAAABTY/PPBCXexYvJs/s200/foiled4.png

JB98
05-22-2012, 10:27 PM
JB:

Well the Sox do dominate the Cubs no matter how bad they are.

:D:

Lip

The Sox haven't played the Cubs at home yet, Lip.

This continued trend of good play on the road and terrible play at home is a somewhat odd way of going about being mediocre.

palehozenychicty
05-22-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm really kinda surprised some people are so let down and/or shocked by this loss. Yeah, the Twins stink, but they've won five out of six. And the Sox are not good enough to dominate anybody. And Floyd is still a streaky headcase.

All of those letdowns against them over the years still are etched in peoples' minds. Those days are long gone, though.

Your quote is perfect, as usual. Just another day.

Tragg
05-22-2012, 10:43 PM

Right. When the games became meaningless, we crushed them.
And the thing is, the timing sucks because the Twins just now are playing well.

PalehosePlanet
05-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Zero in the error column for us is quite misleading. Konerko should have fielded a three hopper off the end of the bat that went for a 2 run double; Rios flat out dropped a ball in right-center that ended up costing us 5 runs, and De Aza made an awful throw, missing the cutoff man and allowed a man to get in scoring position. Bottom line: If we play good defense tonight we give up 2-4 runs max.

Let's get 'em tomorrow sleepwalkers.

amsteel
05-22-2012, 10:57 PM
People's reactions to the outcomes of last 4 games has more about the jerseys of the opponents and less about the skill level of all the involved teams.

Sometimes mediocre teams beat bad teams. Sometimes mediocre teams lose to bad teams.

Sweeping the Cubs doesn't make the White Sox pennant chasers; losing to the Twins doesn't make us cellar dwellers. And once home wins start counting for two will I start to care about the home/away splits.

kittle42
05-22-2012, 11:04 PM
People's reactions to the outcomes of last 4 games has more about the jerseys of the opponents and less about the skill level of all the involved teams.

Sometimes mediocre teams beat bad teams. Sometimes mediocre teams lose to bad teams.

Sweeping the Cubs doesn't make the White Sox pennant chasers; losing to the Twins doesn't make us cellar dwellers. And once home wins start counting for two will I start to care about the home/away splits.

Well stated.

Soxman219
05-22-2012, 11:16 PM
The Sox REALLY need to start winning games at home. It's getting ridiculous.:mad:

Foulke You
05-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Floyd was bad again tonight. Almost a blueprint of his start in Anaheim. Maybe even a bit worse. Some less than stellar defense contributed but the Twins were hanging quite a few line drive ropes for most of those hits. As Stone pointed out in the broadcast, Floyd never touched higher than 89-90 mph for his fastball tonight. Throw in some poor pitch location and there was your blowout. He just didnt have it. Walters put it on cruise after that. It's very easy to pitch with an 8 run lead. Win the next two and take the series please.

thomas35forever
05-22-2012, 11:58 PM
Glad I went to see relatives tonight instead. Sounds like I missed nothing.

samurai_sox
05-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Sox need to get their act together at home, I bet other teams are excited to come to Chicago to play the White Sox,

"Oh yeah we're going to Chicago next, easy wins!"

**** that.

LoveYourSuit
05-23-2012, 12:59 AM
Better next time, #34. I'm rooting for you.

Sadly, I think #34 is about as mediocre a ML pitcher can get.

hawkjt
05-23-2012, 01:51 AM
Gavin was so locked in til the Angels game,then two really bad outings in a row...frustrating.

Walters looked good for the Twins,and has had 3 straight quality starts for them.
Twins have won 5 of 6,so this is the best they have played all year..figures. Not who you play,but when you play them.

Diamond and Pavano the next two nites...Diamond has a 1.4 ERA,so Sox need to find a way to scratch out a few runs,and hope that Sale is locked in.

kufram
05-23-2012, 02:07 AM

It is very interesting that you find other people's hope, or opinion I would say, so annoying that you wish we were 15 games out.

sox1970
05-23-2012, 04:54 AM
Gavin was so locked in til the Angels game,then two really bad outings in a row...frustrating.

Walters looked good for the Twins,and has had 3 straight quality starts for them.
Twins have won 5 of 6,so this is the best they have played all year..figures. Not who you play,but when you play them.

Diamond and Pavano the next two nites...Diamond has a 1.4 ERA,so Sox need to find a way to scratch out a few runs,and hope that Sale is locked in.

Cole De Vries is starting Thursday. Another guy never seen before.

doublem23
05-23-2012, 05:06 AM

Perfectly stated

doublem23
05-23-2012, 05:17 AM
Sadly, I think #34 is about as mediocre a ML pitcher can get.

Ha ha, even after last night's crap-o-rama, Floyd is 5th in the AL in pWAR, which is about as un-mediocre as one can be.

Zakath
05-23-2012, 06:21 AM
Cole De Vries is starting Thursday. Another guy never seen before.

At least he's a righty, which gives us a fighting chance. If he were a lefty, forget it.

Hartman
05-23-2012, 07:00 AM
Gavin knows he sucks against the Twins and he took that out on the field with him. Given he is a complete mental basket case, we see the result.

Zakath
05-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Same old scenario with the Twins.

The Twins are a fundamentally sound team with minimal talent that can beat a more talented team that doesn't play good fundamental baseball, and we stunk the joint out last night. You give them extra outs and they're going to turn them into runs. A lot of them.

Play solid defense, don't walk batters, and you beat them 4 times out of 5. Miss cutoff men, take wrong routes to balls, etc. and you get last night.

DumpJerry
05-23-2012, 07:13 AM
I was at the game. There were two Twins fans near me who almost got their ankles broken because I was sick of them jumping up every two minutes like their team just won the World Series.:angry:

doublem23
05-23-2012, 07:31 AM
Considering this is a lost season in the Great White North, maybe beating the team from Chicago is their World Series.

chisox12
05-23-2012, 07:45 AM
So sick of Floyd's inconsistency. I hate watching his starts.

sox1970
05-23-2012, 07:49 AM
So sick of Floyd's inconsistency. I hate watching his starts.

Agreed. He beats teams he shouldn't. He loses to teams he should beat.

After 32 starts, the Sox will end up 16-16, and it won't make any sense at all.

GoSox2K3
05-23-2012, 07:54 AM
Looking at the scores last night, I bet Ozzie was so proud of Gardy's piranhas! :worship:

LoveYourSuit
05-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Ha ha, even after last night's crap-o-rama, Floyd is 5th in the AL in pWAR, which is about as un-mediocre as one can be.

He's a 500 career pitcher with about a 4.50 era.

That's very mediocre.

LITTLE NELL
05-23-2012, 08:29 AM
For some reason the Sox the last few years have lacked a sense of urgency.
I'm not saying that this series against the Twins is crucial but we just came off a 4-1 road trip, swept the Cubs, reached .500, come home and are playing the worst team in the A.L. So what happens they fall flat on their faces and look like a AAA team. The White Sox for the most part down through the years have relied a lot on walk up ticket sales and what you do this time of year has a big impact on ticket sales in June, July and August when the kids are out of school. That's were the sense of urgency could come into play. More ticket sales means more money to get better players through free agency and to build up a decent farm system.
C'mon guys this division can be won be winning home games especially against the dregs of the league.

beasly213
05-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Chuck Garffine was tweeting the team was emotionally drained after the Wake/Funeral on back to back days.

Could be, but hopefully they come back and win the series.

LITTLE NELL
05-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Chuck Garffine was tweeting the team was emotionally drained after the Wake/Funeral on back to back days.

I was thinking maybe that's what happened.

ChiSoxGal85
05-23-2012, 08:42 AM

I'll give them that. It still sucked to watch. Pretty much crappy play all the way around. Hopefully tonight's game will be better.

wassagstdu
05-23-2012, 08:50 AM
An interesting experiment might be to tell the Sox that from now on the balls will be stored in a refrigerator in order to calm down the launching pad at the Cell (without necessarily actually doing so). I would bet the Sox performance at home would normalize as they are not blinded by visions of fireworks every time they come to the plate.

LITTLE NELL
05-23-2012, 08:55 AM
An interesting experiment might be to tell the Sox that from now on the balls will be stored in a refrigerator in order to calm down the launching pad at the Cell (without necessarily actually doing so). I would bet the Sox performance at home would normalize as they are not blinded by visions of fireworks every time they come to the plate.

I was thinking along those same lines last week. I thought maybe they should tear down the fences and go back to Comiskey Park dimensions of the 50s.
352 down the lines, 375 to the power alleys (some say they were 385) and 415 to centerfield.

doublem23
05-23-2012, 09:21 AM

That's very mediocre.

A .500 pitcher with a career ERA+ that is basically 100 seems pretty average, at worst

doublem23
05-23-2012, 09:23 AM

They probably should just get better players

chisox12
05-23-2012, 09:46 AM

That's very mediocre.

Floyd is a mediocre pitcher and that's all that he will ever be.

The most frustrating part is when he goes on a hot streak and he looks like one of the best pitchers in the league. But then the string of ****ty starts is usually right around the corner.

ChiSoxGirl
05-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Playing like garbage at home is not the best way to go about detouring people from dressing as seats. No way in hell will the Sox see a spike in attendance if they continue playing well below .500 at Comiskey Park.

kittle42
05-23-2012, 10:01 AM
It is very interesting that you find other people's hope, or opinion I would say, so annoying that you wish we were 15 games out.

I just don't like seeing people's feelings get hurt every day (and mine, on occasion, too)!

samurai_sox
05-23-2012, 10:51 AM
They probably should just get better players

:KW

"Chicago Tough" players of course!

kittle42
05-23-2012, 11:07 AM
:KW

"Chicago Tough" players of course!

And players with "killer instinct," because that is something that's really synonymous with baseball.

doublem23
05-23-2012, 11:16 AM
And players with "killer instinct," because that is something that's really synonymous with baseball.

Don't forget they need to have balls!

SI1020
05-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Courage is a good thing. I know I've felt better about myself when I've had it, and less than bad when I didn't.

kittle42
05-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Courage is a good thing. I know I've felt better about myself when I've had it, and less than bad when I didn't.

I am guessing lack of courage has not been the reason for the lack of success against the Twins the past several years.

SI1020
05-23-2012, 01:41 PM
I am guessing lack of courage has not been the reason for the lack of success against the Twins the past several years. Probably not courage, but for whatever reasons we all do better against certain opponents or in certain situations than others. Occasionally a mental adjustment works wonders. As for my original post I really meant nothing more than what was there.

FielderJones
05-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Floyd was bad again tonight. Almost a blueprint of his start in Anaheim. Maybe even a bit worse. Some less than stellar defense contributed but the Twins were hanging quite a few line drive ropes for most of those hits.

The reason for those ropes is that Floyd was pitching from behind all night. For a team like the Twins that is trying to work the count, it is imperative to attack the strike zone on pitches one and two. Of the 23 batters that Floyd faced, 7 reached base when Floyd was behind in the count, and 4 reached with an even count. Only one reached when Floyd was ahead: the idiocy of hitting Jamie Carroll on a 1-2 pitch.

I hope to see a smarter approach to the Twins by Sale tonight.

Foulke You
05-23-2012, 02:28 PM
The reason for those ropes is that Floyd was pitching from behind all night. For a team like the Twins that is trying to work the count, it is imperative to attack the strike zone on pitches one and two. Of the 23 batters that Floyd faced, 7 reached base when Floyd was behind in the count, and 4 reached with an even count. Only one reached when Floyd was ahead: the idiocy of hitting Jamie Carroll on a 1-2 pitch.

I hope to see a smarter approach to the Twins by Sale tonight.
Quite true. Also, when he WAS behind in the count, he was leaving hittable pitches up in the zone and in the middle of the plate. I think any MLB roster would have had their way with Floyd last night.

fram40
05-24-2012, 12:09 PM
For the record - one of the worst and most disappointing Sox games I have been to since the WS Championship. so damn frustrating